Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Tacked Molon Reference Links (Page 2 of 3)
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Molon. I'm wondering if you might be able to do accuracy tests of the Ballistic Advantage Hanson Profile barrel with the pinned gas block. Preferably 16" or 14.5".

Also, an accuracy test of the Faxon gunner profile barrel would be awesome.

Thanks for your hard work.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 2:20:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Bump for 2017.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:
Is Molon Ok ?

He normally has quite a few responses to our questions.
View Quote

I think he has stepped back on posting on most forums.  He has been drug through the mud on several fronts and the fan boy mentality has most likely made him stop giving a shit.  It is very possible I am wrong and I won't speak for him, but how many people actually look at his amazing posts and how many others shit all over threads in GD or AR discussion.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By America:

I think he has stepped back on posting on most forums.  He has been drug through the mud on several fronts and the fan boy mentality has most likely made him stop giving a shit.  It is very possible I am wrong and I won't speak for him, but how many people actually look at his amazing posts and how many others shit all over threads in GD or AR discussion.
View Quote

I made this for the Facebook page.

Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:43:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MaxCactus] [#6]
Originally Posted By America:

View Quote

I pray you are wrong, sir. I fear you are right. It disheartens me when we have members of this forum who selflessly share their immense knowledge & experience with us, much of it acquired at significant personal time and expense, in the pursuit of the advancement of our art, only to be shouted down, ignored and contradicted by dozens who contribute little or nothing, other than their unsubstantiated opinions & biases.

I'm no expert, but I'm certainly not a newb by any stretch, either. I have learned so much from Molon's contributions to this forum, and in turn have saved a tremendous amount of my own time, money and sanity. My fear is that someone like Molon is happy to go about his usual work, hypothesizing, testing, tuning and acquiring knowledge for his own intellectual satisfaction and would only be too happy to save whatever time he had previously spent sharing all that information here as so many of the ingrates and mall ninjas wouldn't recognize the scientific method if it bit them on the behind.

To Molon, and to all who make a legitimate effort to acquire & share knowledge and advance the art of riflecraft on this forum and others, I offer my sincere thanks. Your efforts are appreciated and are not in vain.

Max.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I still say he should put all his info in a book and sell it.  I would be in .
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By reelserious:
I still say he should put all his info in a book and sell it.  I would be in .
View Quote

Molon and German Salazar's work make up probably half of my shooting knowledge. At least Molon's stuff is archived here.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Molon's post are one of the reasons I became a member here.  

I hope the shitbirds didn't run him off.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 2:59:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone have a lead on where Molon is posting, if anywhere?
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#12]
He is one of my heroes, hope to read his studies again.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#13]
in.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#14]
bump
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I've read and reread all of Molons stuff on here. I wish the trolls hadn't run him off. Maybe if we leave a glass of hoppes number nine out next to a plate of MK262 Mod 1 he will come down the chimney with gifts, like an arfcom Santa.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Thank you a thousand times over.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Schroedum:
I've read and reread all of Molons stuff on here. I wish the trolls hadn't run him off. Maybe if we leave a glass of hoppes number nine out next to a plate of MK262 Mod 1 he will come down the chimney with gifts, like an arfcom Santa.
View Quote
He is gone.  Looking back over his information is great but I don't blame him for wanting to continue contributing.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:34:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By JessBrie:

He is gone.  Looking back over his information is great but I don't blame him for wanting to continue contributing.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 8:53:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: America-first] [#19]
Why is this even here as a tacked thread when all of Molon's pictures and charts are gone having been erased by him when he left the site?
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 3:14:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Molon] [#20]
Originally Posted By America-first:
Why is this even here as a tacked thread when all of Molon's pictures and charts are gone having been erased by him when he left the site?
View Quote
Do you frequently lie through your fucking teeth?  My "pictures and charts" aren't "gone" and I haven't "erased" anything since I stopped sharing my new data on this website.

Link Posted: 8/13/2019 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I think I speak for the vast majority of us in saying that you are missed.  I hope some day you will resume posting.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#23]
I think I speak for the vast majority of us in saying that you are missed.  I hope some day you will resume posting.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Plank_Spanker:
This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
This
This again.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 11:21:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Another-Bill:
This again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Another-Bill:
This
This again.
That.  Thanks again for all the great info Molon, hope to hear more from you again!
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Molon:

Do you frequently lie through your fucking teeth?  My "pictures and charts" aren't "gone" and I haven't "erased" anything since I stopped sharing my new data on this website.

View Quote
anyone calling out molon for anything should be perma banned

@molon

please come back

I have learned SOOOOOOO much from reading all of your stuff here

I understand why the old pics are gone

I also understand why your stuff is pinned

it is excellent for people trying to learn

fuck the haters and trolls

I think you should have teflon status here
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 8:33:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tlduncan14] [#27]
thanks for all the info!
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:41:43 AM EDT
[#29]
No further updates. Locked to save content.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Request from Molon
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#31]
New links added.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:49:02 AM EDT
[#32]
New links added.
View Quote

Thanks, Molon.

It’s unfortunate, however, that a lot of your posts are missing pictures. I can imagine that it would be a big PITA to re-post all of those missing pics/
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By urbankaos04:
Thanks, Molon.

It’s unfortunate, however, that a lot of your posts are missing pictures. I can imagine that it would be a big PITA to re-post all of those missing pics/
View Quote

Given the threads are often locked, impossible.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By urbankaos04:
View Quote

I'm slowly working on repairing the broken picture links, but it's quite time consuming.  That's time I'd rather use to be at the range shooting.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:32:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04] [#35]

I'm slowly working on repairing the broken picture links, but it's quite time consuming.  That's time I'd rather use to be at the range shooting.

View Quote

Oh, for sure, @Molon, I agree.

Question: How can this be prevented from happening in the future?

As soon as I get my new laptop, I’m gonna start saving a bunch of your threads.

Thanks for all data you have provided ARFCOM with, and, hopefully, will continue to provide. It has been incredibly helpful and has been instrumental in what I have purchased in regards to ammo and rifles.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#36]
new link added
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#37]
new link added
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 5:56:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#38]
Off-topic personal comment removed, warning sent - Z
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#39]
new link added
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 10:44:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#40]
Molon, could you give us the link in your new post as well, so we can see if we're personally interested in chasing it down?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Molon, could you give us the link in your new post as week, so we can see if we're personally interested in chasing it down?
View Quote

If you look at the older links, you'll see that they're basically sorted by subject.  Once I've added all the new links, I'll sort them with the other similar subjects.

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:00:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Molon:  If you look at the older links, you'll see that they're basically sorted by subject.  Once I've added all the new links, I'll sort them with the other similar subjects.

View Quote

Cheers.  Apparently I'd not had enough caffeine that day.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#43]
new links added
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#44]
new links added
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#45]
This is such great information. Thank you for sharing.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#46]
new link added
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#47]
new link added
View Quote

Another informative exposition.  Thanks.  Maybe after a while that can get moved into ar15\ammunition so it doesn’t get lost in the weeds of GD.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#48]
@molon

I know it's an older thread, but could you could repost the download link for the IBZ 50 yard aimpoint zero target.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:12:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Molon,

I wish you and I were neighbors. We seem to have most of the same quirks.

Appleseed in my area was quite active until the local range (Chabot Gun Club, we will miss you) closed under local political pressure. My PB was a 246 shot with a California bullet button neutered Scar 17 and a TA11 ACOG. It was one of the finest days I can remember.

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By AWZ1287:
@molon

I know it's an older thread, but could you could repost the download link for the IBZ 50 yard aimpoint zero target.
View Quote

Sure.  I just have to find it.
Page / 3
Tacked Molon Reference Links (Page 2 of 3)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top