BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1177
Link Posted: 1/2/2011 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By justin_schuyler:
Dumb question of the day:  Will the ARMS 40 low profile work with the SPR-PEQ?

Yes and it will be flush with the rail.
I prefer this over the standard 40 as it gives the scope more room.
Link Posted: 1/2/2011 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet.  Let the parts search begin!
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 1:20:42 AM EDT
[#3]
What's the best optic available for these?  My head's swimming right now looking at NFs and Leupolds, 2.5-8, 3.5-14, etc., etc..  I haven't shot at any real distance with 5.56.
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 3:14:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By justin_schuyler:

What's the best optic available for these? My head's swimming right now looking at NFs and Leupolds, 2.5-8, 3.5-14, etc., etc.. I haven't shot at any real distance with 5.56.

I'm going with the Nightforce Optics 2.5-10x32. Not only is it the correct scope for the newer rifles, everyone that knows optics more than I say it is far and away a better scope than the Leupold.
Link Posted: 1/5/2011 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Mk12 mod 0 upper on order from Kevin at High Caliber and I am also wondering what optic to get for it. The NF scopes are a bit out of my price range for now. Which Leopold's are correct for the mod 0? it is confusing when digging around the net for info on this subject.
Link Posted: 1/5/2011 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By StretchMaK:
I have a Mk12 mod 0 upper on order from Kevin at High Caliber and I am also wondering what optic to get for it. The NF scopes are a bit out of my price range for now. Which Leopold's are correct for the mod 0? it is confusing when digging around the net for info on this subject.

2.5-8
Link Posted: 1/5/2011 10:01:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WldWldWest] [#7]
MK12 MOD1 From High Caliber Sales, Kevin is top notch!

I had a Leupold MK4 1-5x20 MR/T M2 Illum laying around so I threw it on.....Kinda digging it now so It may have to stay....Not sure? I do have the MK12 MOD1 Turret for it but its not in the pic.

Link Posted: 1/6/2011 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By WldWldWest:

High Caliber is terrific, I've had fantastic dealings with them, and they have special ordered stuff for me at terrific prices.

I missed the birth of this thread. Some pics of my 18" SPR"ish" rifles.

Link Posted: 1/6/2011 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By edwin907:
Originally Posted By WldWldWest:

High Caliber is terrific, I've had fantastic dealings with them, and they have special ordered stuff for me at terrific prices.

I missed the birth of this thread.

About time you showed up; thread's legit now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#10]

I bought the Leupy 4.5-14x50 TMR Illum. I mostly buy Leupy not becuase I think they are particularly excellent scopes, but only because I can get the pretty significant discount on them. (I agree the the new NF scopes are abslutely tits. I even believe no matter what people may tell you, that the Zeiss glass is bar none the finest qaulity optic today mabye with the exception of some of hte more super high dollar Swar., S&B etc. But its debatable.

Zeiss makes much of the multi multi million dollar optics that are used on the Operating room in my hospital, they know how to build glass and have been doing it well for decaades.

All that aside if your going to go with a Leupy scope, go with the mark 4 3.5-10x40, turrets are up to you although I like the M1's.

the 4.5-14x50 is way to much scope. the 50 mm objective is to large and its jsut not a good fit. I should of gone smaller.

Link Posted: 1/6/2011 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#11]

This is just one of my favorite pics of the Mod0.
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By pwr2al4:

I bought the Leupy 4.5-14x50 TMR Illum. I mostly buy Leupy not becuase I think they are particularly excellent scopes, but only because I can get the pretty significant discount on them. (I agree the the new NF scopes are abslutely tits. I even believe no matter what people may tell you, that the Zeiss glass is bar none the finest qaulity optic today mabye with the exception of some of hte more super high dollar Swar., S&B etc. But its debatable.

Zeiss makes much of the multi multi million dollar optics that are used on the Operating room in my hospital, they know how to build glass and have been doing it well for decaades.

All that aside if your going to go with a Leupy scope, go with the mark 4 3.5-10x40, turrets are up to you although I like the M1's.

the 4.5-14x50 is way to much scope. the 50 mm objective is to large and its jsut not a good fit. I should of gone smaller.

Thank you for the info.

Is this the scope you are referring to? I am not sure which reticle to get because I am just starting to learn mil-dot use and the application of them.

http://www.leupold.com/tactical/products/scopes/mark-4-lrt-riflescopes/mark-4-3-5-10x40mm-lrt-m1-illum-reticle/

And what kind of discounts can you get? This build is going to be a big hit on my fun budget this year. A Mk12 mod 0 has always been my "dream rifle" so to me the hit is worth it.

And thanks again for the info.

Link Posted: 1/7/2011 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#13]
You assholes and you're $1k + scopes make me sick!  Think I'm gonna use this Nikon 2-8x M-223 for a modest $330.
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#14]
From most of the pics in this thread, it seems that everyone is using a 6-9" bipod, and not a 9-13", true?
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
From most of the pics in this thread, it seems that everyone is using a 6-9" bipod, and not a 9-13", true?

True
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 10:34:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got the privilege of placing my order with Compass Lake today! My Douglas 18" SPR should be here in a week or two!  Now I have a dumb question, I really like the Ops 12th mod. A1 flash suppressor mount, instead of the brake. I've only seen a VERY small hand full of MK12s with an A1 FS on them, and most of those are Mod Os. I like the individualism that would bring, so enter the question. Adco has some in stock, but looking at them on-line, how the heck do you mount one? It's all bird cage and threads! I don't see any spot on the picture where you can get a wrench on it to torque the sucker. Are you just supposed to wrap it in a towel, use channel locks and hope to God you don't damage it? If anyone out there has one of the Ops 12th Mod. A1s some help here would  be great before I order one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 10:53:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By GunnyApproved:
I just got the privilege of placing my order with Compass Lake today! My Douglas 18" SPR should be here in a week or two!  Now I have a dumb question, I really like the Ops 12th mod. A1 flash suppressor mount, instead of the brake. I've only seen a VERY small hand full of MK12s with an A1 FS on them, and most of those are Mod Os. I like the individualism that would bring, so enter the question. Adco has some in stock, but looking at them on-line, how the heck do you mount one? It's all bird cage and threads! I don't see any spot on the picture where you can get a wrench on it to torque the sucker. Are you just supposed to wrap it in a towel, use channel locks and hope to God you don't damage it? If anyone out there has one of the Ops 12th Mod. A1s some help here would  be great before I order one.

Possibly a strap wrench???

Call or email ADCO and ask.  They are good guys.
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#18]
You could use something flat, like a file, and slip it through the slots.  Just gotta be careful I reckon.
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#19]
ADCO probably has a special made wrench for it but I'd use a strap.  
I used a box end that fit tightly on my standard OPS brake after I adjusted the timing (KAC Shim/OPS supplied crush washer) to get it finger tight at 10:30, then tighten it into position at 12:00 with a drop of high temp LocTite/RockSet.
I have mounted 3 different OPS brakes that way, and have never had one loosen up, and all 3 barrels (2 Krieger, 1 Douglas) have superb accuracy.
The 16" Krieger every bit as good as the two 18" tubes.  And all three benefit from mounting the 12th suppressor with better groups.

Link Posted: 1/7/2011 11:56:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyApproved] [#20]
I just wish the Ops A1 had some place flat for a wrench like the Ops Brake does. But the strap wrench is a good idea, thanks guys.
P.S. since I've been on the site, I've been taking note your rifles edwin, VERY NICE. Question.... If the DoDo hits the fan, can I crash at your place I feel safe just looking at those pics!
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 2:36:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Thank you for the info.

Is this the scope you are referring to? I am not sure which reticle to get because I am just starting to learn mil-dot use and the application of them.

http://www.leupold.com/tactical/products/scopes/mark-4-lrt-riflescopes/mark-4-3-5-10x40mm-lrt-m1-illum-reticle/

And what kind of discounts can you get? This build is going to be a big hit on my fun budget this year. A Mk12 mod 0 has always been my "dream rifle" so to me the hit is worth it.

Well we are mostly in the same boat then. the mk12 has always been my dream as well, and I've never built a rifle even remotely close to as pricey as this one is. So utah if it makes you feel any better, i've been saving and piecing toghether this thing pary by part for what has been at least a year by now maybe more, but again its worht it for me to.

Anyway yup thats the one... so you have  a couple (4 really) options you can make depending on how you want it. I'll lay em out and why I went with what I did, if anyone else feels differently please chime in.

first you gotta decide if you want the FFP (front focal plane) or the rear, FFP means that
since the reticle is forward up in the scope, and  as you raise the mag, the object grows in your view just as the reticle grows larger the same as well. For a lot of years this was always a kinda a Eurpoean scope vs. American scope kinda style, but now most big names offer both optisons.
So option This is nice becuase it means that you can use your mil system at any magnifcation along the scope instead of just a single specific magnifcaion where the ratio of the reticle is accurate for the ranges etc.

The 2 problems with this design and the reason I personally dont like it is that for a lot of people, myself included, once you start raising the magnification what started as a razor thin little crosshair, starts to grow larger and larger and soon its so thick that it begins to crowd your sight picture, which is distracting and also makes for a more dificult accurate shot.

It also AFAIK prevents you from having the reticle illuminated.

so for that I went with the classic reticle placement. for Leupolds, the your mil dots work at max magnification so in this case at 10x which makes sense when your trying to take accurate measurements.

Next you need to decide what kind of rings you want. They Offer M1,M2,M3,target and one or wo other on specific scopes. The M1 rings are 1/4 moa for both windage and elevation, in other words one click of the turret and you move your POI ~.24" at 100 yards. Thats considered fairly precise which is good for tha ttype of shooting. But once you get into couple hundred yard shots with wind, you may need to make 25-30 click adjustments just to stay on paper, so M2 turrents are 1/2 and 1/2 and M3 are 1 moa and 1/2 moa I believe but I forget which for which.

I personally dont mind the M1's on Leupold, becuase the turrets click and you can physically see when you've spun the dial around its not as hard to 'get lost' on your spin and forget where in the turret you are at. But again a lot of people go with M2 as well, maybe more than M1 its completely personal.

Next do you want illumination or not. Makes no difference. Its kinda cool, I got it for the first time, I'm not on a STA team in Astan, I wont be taking any crazy pitch black shots anytime ever probably but I got it anyway its up to you.

Finally the reticle choice. This is the first change I've made in a while and Im happy wiht my new decison. without geting into the mil vs moa thing right now. Leupold has two reticles that are both based on the mil system of measurement and doping, which most newer shooters enjoy and I assume you do as well. the classic Mil-dot scopes are variations of balls on a string whether its an Army scope or a Marine scope.

Leupold had a new reticle called the TMR, its the exact same system of measurement, but instead of those big fat balls, it jsut has thin precise hash marks. to me it makes  getting an good distance call mcuh easier and more precise. I recommend you check it out.

So anyway thats my lecture about scopes. enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2011 3:18:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By urbankaos04:

Who's rifles are these?  Specs?

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s143/crowdlg/MK12/Mk12andDMR2.jpg

Mine. And since this is a new thread, and the old thread is gutted, I'll post pics again below. And take some new ones for this thread ASAP. As for specs'....

Top, Mk12 MOD I clone:

(slight changes since pic was taken to be more "clonish")

Leupold Mk4 MR/T 3-9x36mm

ARMS "high" Rings (just added)

KAC P/N 98475 rear BUIS

PRI M84 Gas Buster charging handle

LMT MP'ed f/a BCG

WOA 18" SPR barrel w/ rifle length gas

OPS Inc. Brake & Collar

KAC P/N 99024 gas block (just added)

KAC P/N 2131812" free float RAS

KAC P/N 98721 sling adapter

KAC P/N 99051 front BUIS

KAC P/N 98060 bipod mount

Harris BRM-S bipod w/ podlok

Viking VTAC sling

LMT lower with Geissele DMR trigger

LM SOPMOD Stock/H-buffer

KAC P/N: 98723 stock mounted sling mount

Sierra Precision SPR grip

Bottom, SDM-R clone based on a SDM-R spec Douglas premium barrel. Chambered specifically for 77gr Black Hills. And shooting said ammo, it is probably the most accurate AR I have. But run anything else in it, like M855, and it slings ammo all over the place.  

Slight change is the addition of an ARMS bipod mount, slid bipod back forward, sling mount back at 9 o'clock on rail and put A2 f/h back on it for "clones sake".

Under the hood is a Geissele DMR trigger and CMT MP'ed f/a BCG.

=====================================

Link Posted: 1/8/2011 8:33:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Thank you for the info.

Well we are mostly in the same boat then. the mk12 has always been my dream as well, and I've never built a rifle even remotely close to as pricey as this one is. So utah if it makes you feel any better, i've been saving and piecing toghether this thing pary by part for what has been at least a year by now maybe more, but again its worht it for me to.

Anyway yup thats the one... so you have a couple (4 really) options you can make depending on how you want it. I'll lay em out and why I went with what I did, if anyone else feels differently please chime in.

first you gotta decide if you want the FFP (front focal plane) or the rear, FFP means that

since the reticle is forward up in the scope, and as you raise the mag, the object grows in your view just as the reticle grows larger the same as well. For a lot of years this was always a kinda a Eurpoean scope vs. American scope kinda style, but now most big names offer both optisons.

So option This is nice becuase it means that you can use your mil system at any magnifcation along the scope instead of just a single specific magnifcaion where the ratio of the reticle is accurate for the ranges etc.

The 2 problems with this design and the reason I personally dont like it is that for a lot of people, myself included, once you start raising the magnification what started as a razor thin little crosshair, starts to grow larger and larger and soon its so thick that it begins to crowd your sight picture, which is distracting and also makes for a more dificult accurate shot.

so for that I went with the classic reticle placement. for Leupolds, the your mil dots work at max magnification so in this case at 10x which makes sense when your trying to take accurate measurements.

Next you need to decide what kind of rings you want. They Offer M1,M2,M3,target and one or wo other on specific scopes. The M1 rings are 1/4 moa for both windage and elevation, in other words one click of the turret and you move your POI ~.24" at 100 yards. Thats considered fairly precise which is good for tha ttype of shooting. But once you get into couple hundred yard shots with wind, you may need to make 25-30 click adjustments just to stay on paper, so M2 turrents are 1/2 and 1/2 and M3 are 1 moa and 1/2 moa I believe but I forget which for which.

I personally dont mind the M1's on Leupold, becuase the turrets click and you can physically see when you've spun the dial around its not as hard to 'get lost' on your spin and forget where in the turret you are at. But again a lot of people go with M2 as well, maybe more than M1 its completely personal.

Next do you want illumination or not. Makes no difference. Its kinda cool, I got it for the first time, I'm not on a STA team in Astan, I wont be taking any crazy pitch black shots anytime ever probably but I got it anyway its up to you.

Finally the reticle choice. This is the first change I've made in a while and Im happy wiht my new decison. without geting into the mil vs moa thing right now. Leupold has two reticles that are both based on the mil system of measurement and doping, which most newer shooters enjoy and I assume you do as well. the classic Mil-dot scopes are variations of balls on a string whether its an Army scope or a Marine scope.

Leupold had a new reticle called the TMR, its the exact same system of measurement, but instead of those big fat balls, it jsut has thin precise hash marks. to me it makes getting an good distance call mcuh easier and more precise. I recommend you check it out.

Very helpful, thank you.

I had already made up my mind on the rear illum TMR reticle after a bunch of reading last night. M1, M2 or M3 I am not sure on yet though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 12:30:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Thank you for the info.

Anyway yup thats the one... so you have a couple (4 really) options you can make depending on how you want it. I'll lay em out and why I went with what I did, if anyone else feels differently please chime in.

since the reticle is forward up in the scope, and as you raise the mag, the object grows in your view just as the reticle grows larger the same as well. For a lot of years this was always a kinda a Eurpoean scope vs. American scope kinda style, but now most big names offer both optisons.

Leupold had a new reticle called the TMR, its the exact same system of measurement, but instead of those big fat balls, it jsut has thin precise hash marks. to me it makes getting an good distance call mcuh easier and more precise. I recommend you check it out.

Very helpful, thank you.

I had already made up my mind on the rear illum TMR reticle after a bunch of reading last night. M1, M2 or M3 I am not sure on yet though.

Scope choice can be an interesting process for this rifle.  It all depends what your focus is when building the rifle: are you trying to make as exact as possible REPLICA/CLONE or just a nice looking well shooting rifle?  If the former, then the choice of scope has already been made for you.  I believe the Mod 0s started out with the "pre-mark 4" Leupold 3.5-10 x 40mm ill. mil-dot with M3 turrets (1MOA elevation and 1/2 MOA windage).  Then they went to the Mark 4 3-9 x 40mm ill. mil-dot M3, and then to the 2.5-8 x 40mm ill. mil-dot M3.  They were all second focal plane.  The 2.5-8 x 40 was also used on the mod 1 but now has been replaced by the Night Force scope.  All the Mod 0 scopes used round mil-dot reticles.  When I built mine, I was trying to get it as close to "spec" as I could, so I was able to find a "pre-mark4" 3.5-10 x 40mm ill. mil-dot M3.  I like it just fine.  However, I also have a 3.5-10 x 40 M3 Mark 4 on my 308 bolt gun which has the first focal plane TMR reticle.  It is NOT illuminated.  I like the TMR reticle better, especially the open center of the cross-hairs, but also find at the low power setting the TMR reticle lines too fine or close together to be practical for calculating distance to target.  In a higher power scope I think the idea would be better executed.

If I were making the choice for the "best" scope for this rifle, I would probably go with the Night Force on the current Mod 1, but the older Leupold scopes do just fine I think.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong about any of the history regarding the "correct" scopes.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 10:33:18 AM EDT
[#25]
I love this thread!  I have a special place in my heart for my MK12 Mod 1.

Link Posted: 1/9/2011 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Right now I am trying to be an info magnet and learning all I can about these rifles. The clone part is not as important as performance to me. I do love the look of the mod 0 which is why I ordered a mod 0 over a mod 1 upper from Kevin at High Caliber Sales. I hope to have it in hand in a couple of weeks or less.

The optic is what has me stuck right now. The Mk4 Leupold fits my budget right now. I could hold off for a while and get a NF scope. Not sure what I will do yet. This decision will be the hardest part of this build for me.

Thank you guys for the info/advice, it is very helpful and needed.

Link Posted: 1/10/2011 12:30:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Added a SOPMOD stock...dunno if I'll be swapping the optic for a while, I kinda like this one and so does my wallet. But cheap and MK12 don't belong in the same sentence do they...?

Link Posted: 1/10/2011 2:55:34 AM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By joesrcool:

Added a SOPMOD stock...dunno if I'll be swapping the optic for a while, I kinda like this one and so does my wallet. But cheap and MK12 don't belong in the same sentence do they...?

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p303/jplynch87/IMG_1658.jpg

No they do not. And your build is looking good.

Link Posted: 1/15/2011 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Someone had posted some ballistics cards in the last thread. Can we get those put in this one as well?
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Nexus-7:
Not trying to start a flame war. Respectful question: In terms of military use, is the Mk12 currently the best option?

Most european armies are going to 7.62 semi-autos (mostly AR10 derivatives) for their Designated Marksmen, and for their Snipers going to .338 LM. So, wouldn't it be better for us to follow suit, and replace the M12 with something like the new Brit DM, which is basically an AR10 with a 16" barrel? The main reason being that the 7.62 is so much more powerful than 5.56, thus offering greater lethality, range, and penetration. Or, is there a good reason for retaining the Mk12, even if a rifle of equivalent size with a harder-hitting round is available?

Allot of it also has to do with Politics;

Its easier "paperwork/money" wise to simply "upgrade" an old weapon, vs. buying a new one.

Same reason M14s are being upgraded, and probably end up costing more then just buying a new SR25 or LMT MWS.

Link Posted: 1/15/2011 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/18/2011 12:45:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StretchMaK] [#32]
I got an e-mail from Fed X that Kevin has shipped my upper and it will be here this coming Wednesday. I can't wait.

I ordered a Mk4 3.5-10x40mm with the TMR and M1 knobs. I want to use the ARMS #35 QD mount and ARMS #35 rings Like edwin907 has on the top mod 0 rifle in his post on page 5 of this thread. Dose anybody know how high above the rail the ARMS #40 rear sight is? I think I need the high rings but want to be sure before I click the order button.

The Ops Inc mod 12 will have to wait a month or two.
Link Posted: 1/18/2011 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Has anybody tried the new Vltor A5 Receiver Extension Tube, Spring, and Buffer Kit on their MK12?  Can you use a SOPMOD stock on the Vltor A5?
Link Posted: 1/18/2011 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Here is my gorgeous  MK12 Mod1 I got through Kev at High Caliber sales.  Its a work of art really.  I even managed to snag an official eagle sling.  I went with a slightly smaller A1 stock as opposed to an a2.  Also, I know its not spec but I opted for a Kickass Knights lower and LMT upper receiver.  Though, If I thought about it I would have wanted a knights upper as well.  No Biggie.  I also opted for knights newer flip up BUIS.   Micro I thik?  I just thought it looked nicer than the spec one.  I have slowly become such a KAC whore.  anyway enjoy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Link Posted: 1/18/2011 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By srtsam:
Here is my gorgeous  MK12 Mod1 I got through Kev at High Caliber sales.  Its a work of art really.  I even managed to snag an official eagle sling.  I went with a slightly smaller A1 stock as opposed to an a2.  Also, I know its not spec but I opted for a Kickass Knights lower and LMT upper receiver.  Though, If I thought about it I would have wanted a knights upper as well.  No Biggie.  I also opted for knights newer flip up BUIS.   Micro I thik?  I just thought it looked nicer than the spec one.  I have slowly become such a KAC whore.  anyway enjoy

Very nice, they build a hell of a rifle, don't they.  
And terrific to deal with, they really helped me out finding Nightforce scope mount for my Krieger OPS Recon.

Link Posted: 1/18/2011 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:
Someone had posted some ballistics cards in the last thread. Can we get those put in this one as well?

best i can do for now...

quick question about ballistic tables and different algorithms, my ballistic comp has both the G1 and G7 calcs for the mk 262 in the database, would using the G7 method for a round such as this be appropriate?
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 12:55:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FAB-10_Guy] [#37]

<a href="http://img543.imageshack.us/i/1000997l.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9991/1000997l.jpg</a>

<a href="http://img214.imageshack.us/i/1000998j.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4785/1000998j.jpg</a>

<a href="http://img37.imageshack.us/i/1001000p.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/6501/1001000p.jpg</a>

Very nicely done!  What do you have on the springs of the bipod?
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#38]

Airsoft posers...

Thanks for your service and sacrifice.
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 7:50:58 AM EDT
[#39]
they are spring covers.  A buddy of mine makes them.  Nothing to it really, just a spiral cut tube to length.  they keep the spring quiet when opening or closing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 6:51:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WldWldWest] [#40]
they are spring covers.  A buddy of mine makes them.  Nothing to it really, just a spiral cut tube to length.  they keep the spring quiet when opening or closing.

They look good!  Will he sale a pair?

Sweet rifle by the way!

Link Posted: 1/20/2011 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I'd bet that this thread singlehandedly quadrupled Kevin at High Caliber's business; I know it sent me to him!

He's getting back from the SHOT Show, and we'll be processing my order on Sat.. Hopefully, I'll have my upper in my hands around Wed.!
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Lookie what I got!

Getting my hands on the right one was like pulling teeth! But worth it!
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 11:05:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StretchMaK] [#43]
Fed X dropped my upper off today right before I had to leave for work. I did not get to take any pics yet. Mine came with a Colt upper receiver. It matches my 6700 lower perfect and fits like they were made for each other. It is also much lighter then I thought it would be. Just need ARMS to send my rings so I can mount the optic. I went with the Leopold Mk4 3.5-10x 40mm with the M1 turrets and TMR ret. I will get some pics up sometime this weekend.
ETA:  I forgot to add that Kevin is a great guy to deal with. The upper is very nice, almost display case nice. Don't worry it will get shot often.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 11:44:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _ERIK_] [#44]
I have a oddball question what cases (Pelican/Hardigg/Storm)were the MK12MOD0 and MOD1 issued in? The one I used was not given to me with a case.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Here is the one I put together

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By _ERIK_:

I have a oddball question what cases (Pelican/Hardigg/Storm)were the MK12MOD0 and MOD1 issued in? The one I used was not given to me with a case.

The manual that Kevin sent with my upper says it comes with a Pelican 1700 case.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Took a few quick pics of my new upper. Still waiting for the rings to get here from ARMS.

Link Posted: 1/24/2011 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#48]
are those knobs for the Leupold?  of NF?  
as for the spring covers, whoever was interested in them drop me a pm or email and I'll see how many pairs he has.  
Finally, Kev at HC is a great person to do business with.  They put together an extremely nice package.  Really can't say enough about the man or his business.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#49]
I have to say, those Mod 0 are sure growing on me.  In a few months I'll look into picking one up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2011 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#50]

are those knobs for the Leupold? of NF?

as for the spring covers, whoever was interested in them drop me a pm or email and I'll see how many pairs he has.

Finally, Kev at HC is a great person to do business with. They put together an extremely nice package. Really can't say enough about the man or his business.

You are not kidding. Kevin is by far the best person I have ever dealt with in the firearms world.
Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top