Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2010 3:34:15 AM EDT
Can somebody tell me why everyone is always bashing Bushmaster rifles? I own one and have never had problems with it.

Thanks,
Don
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:37:07 AM EDT
Ah, geez.

Nothing wrong with Bushmaster, but there are better choices for around the same price.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:49:09 AM EDT
Bushmaster is a hell of a rifle... Depends on who you ask really. I have an HBAR that i souldnt part with for anything
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:24:48 AM EDT
Great rifle & cool snake logo!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:28:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jayhanfosho:
Ah, geez.

Nothing wrong with Bushmaster, but there are better choices for around the same price.

+1
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:30:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By isullivan:

Ah, geez.

+1

Agreed. And there were not better rifles available for the same prices when I bought mine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:41:42 AM EDT
Mine was free, a gift from my dad and my first black rifle. So.... I like it My next one will be a build.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:43:09 AM EDT
If it works for you than it is a good rifle!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:46:26 AM EDT
Ah, geez.

BINGO
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:08:45 AM EDT
Bushmaster makes good rifles. I owned a couple and they had 0 issues ever. Many years ago Bushy was the BCM of Arfcom. Now as said you can buy better rifles cheaper which is the reason everybody loved Bushmaster back in the day. In todays market everyone wants mil-spec everything so companies that make commercial stuff like Bushy and RRA that once were super popular have now fallen out of favor since we have companies that are building great mil-spec stuff at reasonable prices. ie. BCM, Spikes, Daniel Defence, etc.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:17:09 AM EDT
Bushmaster is good to go. One of my top three picks. I have two Bushys and they have never failed me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:23:56 AM EDT
Bushmaster makes very good AR's, don't believe all that TIER crap.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:36:36 AM EDT
It's Bushmaster Tuesday!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:40:24 AM EDT
I have a Bushmaster lightweight upper that runs like a champ. I'm not going to compare it to my Colt or LMT, but it's fine for what I use it for.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:12:20 AM EDT
No idea? I've owned a couple of bushmasters, they have all run fine for me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:19:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Canadianrifleman:
Can somebody tell me why everyone is always bashing Bushmaster rifles? I own one and have never had problems with it.

Thanks,
Don

Price point on the Magpul rifle.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:30:36 AM EDT
Bushmaster is fine. Not my #1 pick but not a bad choice either. There are better options for the same cash. I would say they're better than most of the other commercial manufacturers.

A lot of people are bitter towards Bushmaster because of the ACR pricing, heavier weight, and changing of a lot of Magpul's features and intentions for the rifle.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:54:51 AM EDT
I've been through three, all of which went back to the factory, none or which ever worked (or shot) worth crap. Colt, LMT and Noveseke replaced all of them - couldn't BE happier.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:14:35 AM EDT
Thanks for the replies.
One has to keep in mind the availability of the others up in Canada. There are places that carry them, but the prices are outrageous. Very few American companies will ship here (ITAR crap, etc...)

Don
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:30:39 AM EDT
Good
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:37:52 AM EDT
I had the FCG shit the bed after a few thousand rounds. Other than that I like it a lot, It's accurate and I shoot the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:41:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By fmfcorpsman:
Good

100% Agree.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:45:06 AM EDT
I have no complaints, mine has survived multiple classes, years of use and all ive ever had to replace is the extractor spring
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:50:22 AM EDT
Mines a dirty beast bitch, always hungry for more abuse, which I gladly dish out as my ammo budget allows. I dont bash the Bushy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:47:15 AM EDT
I have one and it has been great. I have never had any problems with it and has worked well with any ammo I use. With that being said I don't think I would buy another now with some of the other deals that are out there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:55:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By syclone170:
Bushmaster makes very good AR's, don't believe all that TIER crap.....

the Tier stuff is info, not crap. Bushmasters are very good, but they rank with stag, RRA, Del-ton, ect. Going up to a colt/spikes/bcm/larue/noveske, ect is a whole different catagory. The first ones are fine for most, but hardcore users will experience failures more often with the lower quality materials and lack of ensurance (HP barrel test/MP test, ect).

If you have a bushmaster for HD, plinking, hunting, ect u will not be dissapointed If you put 3k rounds downrange per month, get top tier.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:21:31 AM EDT
I got a couple of bolts from bushmaster that have run fine
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:30:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 11:32:46 AM EDT by LA_357SIG]
I bash them because of the thier prices in thier the online store. (plus sales tax)

I have no problems with thier products.The complete 6.8 rifle I bought from them NEVER malfunctioned. I even use the lower for my dedicated .22lr build. No lower parts have failed since I bought it in 2006.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:45:06 AM EDT
Nothing wrong with Bushmaster, just that there are better options for the same price or less.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:01:17 PM EDT
To all those posted here who own Bushmaster's, will your rifle run wolf, brown bear, etc? A few years ago, it seems that several people were having problems with fte's while shooting steel cased ammo. It was speculated that the chambers were too tight.

I am asking because I can pick up a Bushmaster locally at a steal.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:24:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 12:25:29 PM EDT by RABIDFOX50]
Originally Posted By molar:
To all those posted here who own Bushmaster's, will your rifle run wolf, brown bear, etc? A few years ago, it seems that several people were having problems with fte's while shooting steel cased ammo. It was speculated that the chambers were too tight.

The only issue I ever ran into was the coating on the older runs of steel cased gumming up the works (Wolf). I can not fault the rifle for this and it still shoots steel cased ammo well unless I pass about 500 rounds without a cleaning. The poly coated stuff (Wolf) runs with no failures. Silver Bear was good but Brown Bear had the older coating like Wolf did. My other bushmaster was never fed steel cased so my experience is just with one of my Bushys.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:37:35 PM EDT
I have a HB 20" A4 from bushmaster, i love it. Got bipods and a scope on it, its my ground hog killer. Head shots at 150+ all the time, I love it. Its great to have a dirt pig killer that you know is going to hit before you pull the trigger.

Cost more than my RRA carbine but i cant complain about it at all.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:49:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By molar:

As far as I can remember, the only thing I've ever run through my Bushy is crappy steel cased Monarch .223. I honestly don't think it's ever seen a brass round. It has 3k rounds through it and I've never had a problem.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:14:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jeep297:
Nothing wrong with Bushmaster, just that there are better options for the same price or less.

I have owned a few and shot a lot thru my BM rifles, never a problem. I will not buy another as long as there are better choices for the same or less $.

Bushmaster makes a good rifle and most will be very happy with theirs.

I do have a couple BM rifles I am about to sell tho...

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:03:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:06:36 PM EDT
Nothing wrong with bushmaster. Maybe a little pricey for what you get these days, but as in all things the free market will eventually correct this. The actual rifle itself is fine, one that I would trust my life to anyway.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:13:42 PM EDT
there is nothing wrong with bushmaster but there are better rifles
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:30:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 6:33:58 PM EDT by PimpedGSG]
My first gun was a Bushy. Never had any problems and I only knew it sucked because some yahoo on here said so. I still have the lower. Mine was the wacky 11.5/5.5 HBAR. Shot the hell out of it, it ate everything. They are good guns. The issue is that for the price, you can buy better....essentially if your buying any gun over 800.00 that is not a Spikes, you should really look into what you are getting because the quality is likely not there for the money. This obviously does not includethe "upper tier" guns
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:47:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:49:05 PM EDT
Well being new but not really...The Snake is Cool....but go with The Lion....ArmaLite....
SASS
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:56:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 12:57:52 AM EDT by C_Rion]
Bushmaster DOES cut corners on their carbines, that is undisputable.

However, they do build one of the best 20 inch a2 and a4 rifles available today. The only thing lacking on the A4 is an F front sight, which isn't as big an issue as its made on here. They have great barrels, made from good steel, the buttstock still has the correct aluminum door on back, etc. Bushmaster 20 inch A2 and A4 rifles are one of the best , if not the best, factory built 20 inch Ar15's available.

I look elsewhere for my M4's (LMT), but for my first love, my 20 inch rifles, the first place I go is Bushmaster. Been shooting their 20 inch guns for 17 years, and I have yet to have a problem with them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:49:53 AM EDT
Got my xm15 for 850 new, locally.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:56:49 AM EDT

Good.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:23:10 AM EDT
Bushmaster makes a decent rifle. Generally, the barrels have good accuracy. Canted FSB's are sometimes a problem, bad staking on the carrier keys. I've had a Bushmaster since 99. Still running well but I did upgrade BCG's to a Mil Spec M16.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:44:53 AM EDT
Because they are over priced for the quality and attention to deatil you get.You can get higher quality for the same price or less..they have good stuff but you can get higher quality and better attention to deatil as far as contruction of the weapon elsewhere..like Spikes they have certified parts and teste for said parts and right now are the cheapest for rifles that start in the $800 range,BCM is next same high quality just a bit more than spikes but comparable to Bushmaster in price so with that said would you buy Bushmaster over BCM for the same money..I know I wouldnt.And lately since they were bought out from the original owners CS from then is not what it used to be,I know this from experience they wont deal with defects in one of their pre-ban lowers I have because in their words "that was 16 years ago and were not the same company" so much for customer service.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:46:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:39:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Krylancelo:
Bushmaster is fine. Not my #1 pick but not a bad choice either. There are better options for the same cash. I would say they're better than most of the other commercial manufacturers.

agreed
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:45:43 AM EDT
Totally agree...like trying to compare Fords to Chevy's to Jeeps. For most of us out here, we are sportsmen and just about all the platforms will work and give total fun on the range. I have a BM, BCM and a RRA in different configurations and like them all. But have to say I my favorite is the BM ORC, it carries well in the jeep and has yet to let me down. It also gives me 1/2" groups at 100 yds so it makes a fine "yote" gun. Had it for years and just luv blasting away with it on the weekends whether running a 3-gun course or calling in varmints.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:19:54 PM EDT
My last Bushy ran both old laquered and newer polymer coated Wolf with no issues whatsoever.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:38:49 PM EDT
The only problem I have had with mine is I had to replace the extractor spring after 1000 rounds or so. Other than that it eats any type of ammo I feed it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:46:11 PM EDT
I've owned 2 bushies, a 20 inch and a 14.5 inch, with no issues. They're GTG!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top