Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stone76245:

Tag, so I may print targets.

View Quote

The targets from the original post should be printing correctly now.

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Geohans:

Molon recently sold some stuff on the EE for remarkably good prices. . . . maybe it's true that he accepted a job with the Brady Center for Handgun Violence?

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Molon:

The original link should be working now.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JasonZBell:

Does anyone have a link to the scaled down .pdf for the 25yd print out that Molon originally posted on page one?

The original link should be working now.

Anyone still having any issues downloading/printing the targets?

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]
They've been working for me. I just haven't been able to shoot a group "all in to post"
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Infidel4life11:

They've been working for me. I just haven't been able to shoot a group "all in to post"

View Quote

Keep at it.  It's not quite as easy as some people seem to think.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MRW:

I'm gonna do this soon...

View Quote

Any results to report?

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#7]
So you can use a shooting coat and/or lock in with a specially set up sling, yet cannot rest on the magazine.

The sling I can understand, but NEVER a shooting coat.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:01:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By CavScout8:

So you can use a shooting coat and/or lock in with a specially set up sling, yet cannot rest on the magazine.

The sling I can understand, but NEVER a shooting coat.
View Quote

There's 4 points of contact it addresses with one piece of equipment: cushion for the elbows, pulse reduction at the bicep/tricep, and gives the buttstock a little better bite in the shoulder to prevent slipping.

It's not going to fix a bad position or fundamentals.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Just a question on this.... Can a low powered variable be acceptable if it's cranked down to 1X?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:

Just a question on this.... Can a low powered variable be acceptable if it's cranked down to 1X?

View Quote

"Also, only non-magnified sights may be used; i.e. iron sights, “red-dot” or “reflex” type sights."

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:09:10 AM EDT
[#11]

"Also, only non-magnified sights may be used; i.e. iron sights, "red-dot” or "reflex” type sights."

View All Quotes

"Also, only non-magnified sights may be used; i.e. iron sights, "red-dot” or "reflex” type sights."

Even if it were allowed, you'd need to verify that it's a true 1x. Many are not.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#12]

"Also, only non-magnified sights may be used; i.e. iron sights, “red-dot” or “reflex” type sights."

View All Quotes

Fair enough!

Thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:

Even if it were allowed, you'd need to verify that it's a true 1x. Many are not.

View Quote

. . . hence the use of just red-dots or iron sights.

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 12:06:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I just checked, October this thread will have been running 10 years.

Congratulations!

That's a hell of a long time for an internet thread!
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:34:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Somebody hosted this challenge at the 3-gun match I competed in on Saturday.  They had us shoot this at 50 yards.  The OP states this should be shot at 25 yards.  I have to say that at 50 yards, the red dot on my sight covered pretty much the whole target, making this extremely challenging.  I think I had one round land outside the black.  The guy who hosted the challenge said he would post the results on AR15.com.  I am not sure where to look for my score.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 12:57:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArimoDave] [#16]
Originally Posted By VortecMAX:
Somebody hosted this challenge at the 3-gun match I competed in on Saturday.  They had us shoot this at 50 yards.  The OP states this should be shot at 25 yards.  I have to say that at 50 yards, the red dot on my sight covered pretty much the whole target, making this extremely challenging.  I think I had one round land outside the black.  The guy who hosted the challenge said he would post the results on AR15.com.  I am not sure where to look for my score.

Mike
View Quote

You are in the right place.  I was waiting for confirmation on the rest of the user names.  BTW, you did quite well.  The target for the 50 yards is twice a large as the one for 25 yards.  It makes it a bit more challenging with airguns.

The scores for the five shooters are as follows, and I will correct the usernames as I get them.

Blueflax: shot 8 - 5 X shooting a Benjamin Armada (airgun) with irons and made a mistake in counting rounds---he loaded 15,

ACPChuck: shot 10 - 8 X and was having rifle troubles

Qdigety: shot 16 - 8 X

VortecMAX: shot 19 - 14 X

ArimoDave: shot 20 - 19 X with his rather rack grade AR-15 A2.  

The slight changes I made to the rules are: changed  the distance to 50 yards instead of 25 yards or meters; forced a reload some place in the middle of the string; and allowed optics providing the magnification was turned down to minimum.   I did this last because this was an impromptu thing at the end of the 3-gun match and not everyone would be prepared with the correct sights.  

Edit to add photo of targets.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 9:10:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Molon] [#17]
Originally Posted By VortecMAX:

Somebody hosted this challenge at the 3-gun match I competed in on Saturday.  They had us shoot this at 50 yards.  The OP states this should be shot at 25 yards.  I have to say that at 50 yards, the red dot on my sight covered pretty much the whole target, making this extremely challenging.  

View Quote

Target scaled for 50 yards; originally posted on page 3.

For those of you using the Improved Battlesight Zero, I've scaled the E2 target for 50 yards.  Use the link below to download the .pdf file of the target and print it for yourself.  Give the Marksman's Challenge a try from 50 yards using this target and post your results!

50 yard targets

Here is a refresher of the rules for the The Maryland AR15 Shooters Site Marksman’s Challenge. The concept is to fire 20 shots on an M16A2 25 meter zeroing target (which simulates a 300 meter target) within a time limit of two minutes and then post your score. Shooting can also be done from 25 yards using a similar scaled down target and now from 50 yards with the newly scaled target.

Shooting may be done from any position including shooting from a bench. However, no part of the rifle may rest on anything other than your hands; no sandbags, bi-pods, mechanical rests or using the magazine as a mono-pod. Slings and shooting coats are allowed.

Also, only non-magnified sights may be used; i.e. iron sights, “red-dot” or “reflex” type sights. Any shot breaking the black outline is a hit. Any shot breaking the dashed circle counts as an X. A perfect score would be 20/20-20X.  Remember to include the barrel, sight, ammunition and position information when you post your results.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice shooting Arimo Dave.  You must have pretty good eyesight.  Better than mine anyway.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks Mike.  I have, however, been shooting games similar to this for a while.  I don't know if you can make it to the range on Thursday or Friday evenings or not.  If so, I have been adding this match at the end of our Sporting Rifle matches.  There is one tomorrow evening.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:01:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArimoDave] [#20]
Double Tap.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ArimoDave:

Double Tap.

View Quote

Slow fire only!

Link Posted: 12/13/2016 2:57:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TECover] [#22]
I"ve been shooting something like this for more than a year.  My son schooled me on the Army qualification silhouettes and I've been shooting "groups" of 30 rounds including one mag change.  Each time I go to the range I make it a point to shoot a cold rifle for my first group.  I've scored 30/30 for the last two times I've been shooting.  However, that was with magnification so I'm excited to see your challenge and get back to iron sights in preparation for my next event: Revere's Riders  I'll be shooting in January to see if I can qualify.  I'll be using your targets for practice very soon.  Thank you for your work!
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Is there dimensions for target at 300m? I have that distance available at my range and might be interested to try this.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#25]
@Molon can you repost the targets?  I'm getting dead dropbox links in the OP.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Paulie771:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:29:30 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Give it a try now.

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

They working for you?
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Going to try this when I get home
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#30]

They working for you?
View All Quotes

They working for you?

Sorry, this thread got buried in my subscriptions tab.

No, they're not working.  Access denied and need to request permission...
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 8:26:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Molon] [#31]

View Quote

Third time's a charm.  Give it a try again.  For some reason it's taking a good 10 seconds to download.

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#32]

Third time's a charm.  Give it a try again.  For some reason it's taking a good 10 seconds to download.

View All Quotes

That got it!  Thank you sir! Hope to use some of these on my next range trip.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 9:55:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Shot this today for fun with mediocre results.  Only shot 20 rounds.  10 in to each of the two printed targets on a single page.  Didn't bother to time myself but pretty confident I was under 2 minutes.  Results were 6 shots that missed the target, so 14 hits and 10X, so nothing particularly impressive.  Only shot 1 target.

Used 50 yard targets (because red dot zeroed for 50), LAX 77gr. reloads out of a DD 14.5" upper equipped with my Trijicon MRO red dot.  And no, misses were not due to parallax error.    Shot from a bench resting support elbow on the bench.  No shooting coat or sling.  For me, the limiting factor was my eyesight.  Those silhouette targets were definitely blurry at 50 yards and I feel like my misses were because I was struggling to put the dot on the target, not because I was having trouble holding the rifle steady.  Just for fun, may see if I can go 20/20 (or at least do better) using a LPVO.  I think 4x would have definitely helped.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 2:22:18 AM EDT
[#34]
I gotta do this challenge next.

I finally participated in the grapefruit challenge, which was a wee bit harder than expected.

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By urbankaos04:
I gotta do this challenge next.

I finally participated in the grapefruit challenge, which was a wee bit harder than expected.

View Quote

At least you got out to the range did some shooting off-hand.

Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top