Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 11:40:36 PM EDT
Ive stumbled across a couple of sites describing a AR trigger job involving cliping one side of the hammer spring, a little bending and susposely a reliable safe smoother trigger pull. In addition they mentioned polishing the trgger pin and sear and hammer surfaces...Im aware of the danger of disrupting the heat treatment...but how bout this cliping and bending
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:47:33 AM EDT
[#1]
What sites?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:52:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Is this the so called "10-minute trigger job?"

If so, it has been chronicled here a few times and is stored in a tacked, or troubleshooting reference page somewhere

Personally, I don't mess with my trigger parts. Do not need to, and am not into competition shooting where a trick-trigger would benefit me
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:54:11 AM EDT
[#3]
15 minute trigger job

The only part of it that I've tried is,

(2) Polish the sear surfaces. With the Hammer in the up, or fired position, place a dab of
polishing compound on the Hammer sear surface. To prevent the hammer from striking the
receiver and possibly breaking the bolt stop, place a strip of leather, rubber or plastic in front of
the hammer. Cock the Hammer and pull the Trigger. Repeat this 10 times. Put another dab of
compound on the Hammer's sear surface, and cock and fire 10 more times.
(3) Now remove the Hammer first, then the Trigger and Disconnector, by tapping out their pins.

(4) Clean off every trace of compound from the Hammer and Trigger. Do it again to make sure.
Clean any compound from inside the Lower Receiver.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top