Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 9:25:15 AM EDT
Yesterday, at the Dallas gun show, a dealer was selling the Israeli Tri-lux scopes. Of course they do not have the tritium in them and it has been replaced with an LED.They mount on an AR carry handle and are 4 power. Does anyone have experience with these?  Here's a link.

Tri-lux scope

WKM

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#1]
the price looks way nice too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:53:30 AM EDT
[#2]
wow, the prices on those things have come down considerably...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Where can I get one?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an unissued British TriLux SUIT scope on my A2.  It still has the tritium but the half life is past so the brightness is next to none, although on a fully dark room or night you see a faint red glow.  

I really like this sight and I have hit 18" metals at 500 meters out of my 16" HBAR.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Always been interested in trying one.  For a price like this, it's hard not to give it a shot.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#6]
im thinking about ordering one
anybody do business with this company?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where can I get one?

link
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#8]
This company is in the Fort Worth, Texas area.  He had about half a dozen sitting on the table at the time at the gun show.  I work in Fort Worth, so I may go over there and take another looky.

WKM
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#9]
             Price

Good              $129.95
Excellent $169.95
LED Illuminator $20.00
AR15/M16 Mount $25.00

so what does the good -vs- excellent mean?

is there an extra charge for the ar15 mount since in the description it states included?

i wonder what the total would be with the illuminator installed  with shipping?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#10]
All of the ones I saw looked used but in really good shape.  They already had the AR mount attached and the illuminator installed.  If I get over there tomorrow or tuesday, I will add to this thread some info.

WKM
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#11]
well i will take a chance and ordered one in good shape...they said if i didnt like the condition i oudl send it back for a dif one.  I will post pics of it and it s condition once i get it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#12]
The IDF throws nothing away. So why did they stop using them?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I went over there today and they really don't sell out the door but do sell over internet, mail order and at gunshows.  It appears to me that the AR mount is part of it but the illuminator is extra.  I would call them to be sure.  The price is cheaper at gun shows than ordering, though I can't imagine why.

WKM
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#14]
got mine today and time for eval..

cons:

1.   the inverted pointer is not solid.  I can move the access spot on top and it moves the needle in the optic and change where it is pointing.  i could only imagine after firing some rounds thru it how far it will move.

2.  The sight will not co-witness with any reddot since it sees out the side.

3.  Carry handle mount does not have a hole to cowitness with iron sites

4.  The placement of the scope on the picatinny mount and the carry handle mount id dif by about 1.5"

Pros:

1.  Clear optic in my opinion

2.  I ordered the "GOOD" one and it is very good shape.  I would consider it in an 8 out of 10 on looks

3.  They told me I had a choice of the flattop mount or carry handle mount and I wanted the flattop.  Well they sent me both and didn't charge me extra.

4.  Very well packed and shipped fast.  Ordered it monday had it wed.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I will make it to the Fort Worth gun show this weekend and if they have a table, I'll probably buy one. It really is a retro thing but it is neato.

WKM
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
2.  The sight will not co-witness with any reddot since it sees out the side.

Umm NO magnified optic will cowitness.  You can't use irons through a telescope (notice it's kinda hard to see the front sight clearly?)

Not to mention the Trilux is overly heavy for the job.  Also, because the lens is to the side it makes zeroing at the near zero problematic as it means the round will be drifted far to the other side downrange at the far zero (and beyond).  

3.  Carry handle mount does not have a hole to cowitness with iron sites

FYI you are not "cowitnessing" if you are looking through the mount.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Time has passed these by. At the time of introduction they were THE state of the art combat scopes. I had one on an AR years ago and it wasn't bad, but it has been eclipsed. That being said I would only have one now to mount on an FAL for nostalgic reasons.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:02:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd like to get one for my SP1.  I think it would look good on that rifle.  I'm going to wait to see if I see them at the next Dallas Market show.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:10:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'd like to get one for my SP1.  I think it would look good on that rifle.  ...

You know that is a good idea.  A retro sight for a retro rifle, that would be slick.  Kinda like the ACOG of it's day, just as the SinglePoint was the Aimpoint of it's day.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top