Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2006 8:44:23 PM EDT
I know this doesn't exactly belong in the technical forum, but I never spend any time in GD, and from what I can tell not a lot of you do either, and you guys are the intended audience for this.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you guys for giving me someone (somewhat) intelligent to talk to about ARs and firearms in general during my deployment in Iraq.  Payday was a few days ago, and I finally bought a membership, based on what an invaluable resource you folks in the tech forum have turned out to be.

In an effort to make this somewhat topical, here is my very short and to the point evaluation of the AR in a combat environment, based on carrying an M4 at first and then later an M16A4 DMR: The AR system works and works well, the M855 isn't really that bad, and the 77gr BH SMK load rocks...and on these points, 15 dead tangos can't be wrong.  So don't fret if people keep telling you that "5.56 will only ever be a groundhog round" and "The M16 jams every 2 minutes in the sand, and haji just laughs at your bullets!".

There, was that topical now?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome!  And thanks for serving.  Those of us who are internet commandos owe a debt we can never repay.

TS  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Been trying to think of a great post for my #223, and here it is:

Thank YOU

Like TS said.... a debt we can never re-pay.  

Stay safe, and check in often.
Hearing what's working / not working for the guys out front is good to know.

2hawk
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad to here these good points of the M16 system to try to put those rumors to rest.

Thank you for serving. None of us could ever re-pay that debt.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top