Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2006 4:43:28 PM EDT
Im looking for personal feedback from anyone that owns or has owned a DPMS PANTHER product...GOOD OR BAD...
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used/owned them and have built rifles for friend's with nothing but DPMS parts and have never had any problems. Do a search for DPMS and you will find numerous threads about them. Some love them and others hate them. I like their products.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
freakin double tap
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had my A2 Classic for 3 years and 4500 rounds.  It's been very good to me.  I'm also using DPMS receiver parts on my current project.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought my first AR last month. It is a DPMS flat top carbine with a 16" chrome lined HBAR, Phantom FH, and collapsible stock. Except for the trigger feel, I love it.

Being fairly new to AR's, I have not been tainted by the "DPMS' suck" disease yet.

ETA: Oh, it also has a LMT rear sight I purchased from FlyingFiveO, who posted above. + 1 one the sight too.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:28:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Great, I have 8000rds on one of mine..........the only I replaced was the buffer and spring on the ejector.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#6]
i've beat the crap out of them and they have held up really well....better than the last colt i got to beatup on....then again may be the colt was a friday gun you know...put together at about 4:55 pm.....lol j/k but as for DPMS i love them...not as much as my RRA but i think DPMS is second on my list
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:15:37 PM EDT
[#7]
No problems with DPMS.  Some people don't like them or have had problems with them.  I've never had any problems with mine.  I recommend them for a direct gas rifle/carbine.

TS
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Great feedback!  Thank you all.  
As far as RRA0211's response....I havent fired anything that beats my RRA yet!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#9]
My first AR was a DPMS Panther 16.  Still have it and still shoot it often.  After about 5k rounds, I had to replace some small parts that had worn a bit, but the thing still rocks and rolls.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:13:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Out of a Classic Sixteen and two AP4's, not a single problem.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top