Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/14/2006 7:49:31 AM EDT
You may have covered this or not but is there any difference between an AR15 from DPMS and one from Colt?

Just wondering price difference main thing that I noticed.

Recomended to me by gun shop owner but his ..... motives.... can be questioned.

Thanks for any un biased help.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:52:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Just the quality used to manufacture the rifle, DPMS is toward the bottom of the AR food chain. Colt makes a superb rifle and has a good reputation with reliability and all out quality , DPMS seems to have the opposite.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#2]
That was what I thought.... but what can I expect from a guy who bought a 50 cal Desert Eagle from "some guys I meet" at what should be considered half-price. Then Chambers and fires it without stripping and cleaning it.  

Well the moral was this there was a slug logded half-way down the barrell and when he fired  the barrell exploded sending flying shards everywhere, he got ucky and just got scratched up and his wrist fractured instead of losing his hand.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You may have covered this or not but is there any difference between an AR15 from DPMS and one from Colt?

The kool-aid tastes better...

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top