Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/6/2006 2:23:01 PM EDT
Wanting to make a purchase from rguns.net.

Anybody got experience with them recently?

Seems they were a bad outfit in 2002 or so.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I live about 12 miles from RGuns, so I make all purchases in person. Haven't had any bad expieriences with them at all, and they have everything they advertise in stock. Prices are fairly competative too. Hope this helps.

Dave W.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I have only had positive dealings with RGuns and have bought 3 guns and many, many accessories from them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Same for me.  Nothing but good experiences.  However, I believe that years ago when the Colt M4 barrels were plentiful that they had cut some down to 11.5 inches and sold them as original Colt 11.5 inch barrels, but the price was good, so that was no big deal to me.  I purchased one of these barrels and it worked just fine.  

Charles Tatum
Alamo Professional Arms
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:48:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I've sent this company several emails asking about some of their products but they never answered me.  I ended up buying from CMMG and was pleasantly surprised with the couteousness from the CMMG staff.  Anyway, if they wont even answer an email from a curious customer with money to spend I am afraid they would act just the same to a person with a problem with one of their products.

Good luck,

Wes
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
i have called them inquiring about a purchase that i was about to make and got nothing but bad service.

i took my business elsewhere and now support the site supporting dealers every chance i get. most to all have as good or better prices and almost all of them price match.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I have tried 3 times to order something from them, and it's never been in stock.

That's not a good sign, to me anyway.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#7]
i got a stripped lower from them.  cheap and quick.  mailed in my order and ffl info.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:32:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I had my FFL place an order for my AP4 .308 with them.  They had the best price.  We ordered it on Monday or Tuesday and it arrived on Thursday.  They were very easy to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks all, I've placed my order with them. Will report back how it goes.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have only had positive dealings with RGuns and have bought 3 guns and many, many accessories from them.

+1 no trouble
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:49:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, great experience. Placed order for 2 rifles last Tuesday. They arrived today, I just picked them up. The rifles came with 2 steel magazines (vs polymers spec'ed on the site).

Thanks RGuns.Net!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#13]
The problem with RGuns.net is that the guy comes off as a complete dick on the phone.  However, if you can get passed that, they ship the same day, prices are fair, and the stuff is as advertised.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Bought a DPMS lower from them last year.  No problems with them on the phone, great price, quick shipping.  They get my "up-check".
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The problem with RGuns.net is that the guy comes off as a complete dick on the phone.  However, if you can get passed that, they ship the same day, prices are fair, and the stuff is as advertised.

There IS one guy that works there that comes off as a "dick" on the phone.  However, in person, he is as cool as can be.  Don't know what's up with that, but it is true.

Dave W.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:56:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, that guy that took the order over the phone ... is a bit gruff :-) But hey ... the goods arrived as promised, so I'm happy!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:13:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Three online orders place in last couple of years.  No problems here.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#18]
If its in stock, they are very quick.  But they won't volunteer when items are not in stock.  Ordered two A3 uppers ad recieved M4s while I specifically ordered lightweight profile 16" A3s.  Called and shipped the incorrect uppers back only to be waiting now three (3) weeks for the right uppers.

When I called after no packages the first week was told the upper shipment will be in tomorrow.  Waited another 4 days and called.  The upper shpment will be in by Wednesday.  Waited another 4 days and called.  "We haven't forgotten about you..." is the response I get...the upper shipment should be in Wednesday this week...

If you asked me a month ago I'd a given them high marks.  Now I'm not real pleased.  I've bought four complete rifles thus far and prob 3 additional uppers, along with directing three friends to RGUNS.net for either lowers, upeprs or complete rifles.....I know the margins are tight on firearms, but I suspect I've either given or directed a nice amount of profits to them.

NOTE TO DEALERS!!
If you don't have something, TELL YOUR CUSTOMER.  
Then give realistic time frames for delivery.  If you really
don't know when you'll get an item in stock, tell the customer that!

ps.  I also realize that things happen so I'm not going ballistic......yet.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top