Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/4/2006 4:04:40 PM EDT
I have seen the prices range from $40.00 to $125.00 for a new a4 type carry handle ..how much of this price difference is because it is a "name brand". What makes one more expensive over another and how can you tell the difference?
Thanx for your help!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:43:11 PM EDT
It's all name brand. I bought a "Colt" one on the EE for $75 because I was retarded. I guess I could claim it was a "Colt" carry handle when I wanted to sell it, but I'll probably hold on to it. I don't even know how to tell who made the thing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:17:00 PM EDT
There are some imports - I ALMOST picked one up the other day at the funs hop for $35.00 - it was with a bunch of DPMS stuff. But it seemed wierd to me - guy told me it was a Samco I think from China.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:43:41 PM EDT
I wish someone would do a Carry Handle ID thread and show pictures of various different types of handles currently availible and the markings which may be found on them. I feel this would be incredibly helpfull. Stay away from the 40.00 handles as they are likely imported garbage. I would advise buying a handle from a reputable manufacture like DPMS, Bushmaster or Rock River. Make sure you are buying the approrpiate rifle/carbine handle. Also make sure it is for a 1913 type rail as opposed to a Weaver-style rail. Armalite made some rifles with Weaver-style rails which are incompatible with standard carry handles. Buy quality set-up made by Bushmaster, Rock River or DPMS for around 80.00 and you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:29:33 PM EDT
I ordered my carry handle just this week for $75 shipped from one of the vendor on the EE, it is an RRA, can't wait to get it. Wasn't aware though that there was a difference between rifle and carbine when it came to detachable handles.
Top Top