Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 12:47:39 PM EDT
So let me get this straight...

If I have a zero set on my rifle that is PERFECT at 100 yards and i'm going to be firing at 200 yards, I would increase the elevation knob by 1 click and each click represents an additional 100 yards?

I have a Bushmaster XM15-E2S 20" A3.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
If I have a zero set on my rifle that is PERFECT at 100 yards and i'm going to be firing at 200 yards, I would increase the elevation knob by 1 click and each click represents an additional 100 yards?

No, Each click represents a distance (called MOA - Minute of Angle) that the point of impact will shift from the point of aim.

I have a Bushmaster XM15-E2S 20" A3.

Which means each click of elevation on the rear drum is roughly 1/2 moa on your detachable handle.

So to go from 100m to 200m you'd need 2 clicks (which can vary depending on the ammo/environmental conditions).

If you had a fixed handle upper [A2, which has 1 moa per click of elevation adjustment) you'd need only 1 click.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top