Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 6:18:43 PM EDT
I have a friend who wants to part with his Colt Match Target model AR. The only AR I have right now is an SP-1 Carbine, and I want something to mount a scope on. Are these usually more accurate than the standard models, or it is mostly the triggers that have work done to them? The trigger is noticably better in terms of weight, no creep, and a crisp break than any other Colt I've fired.

I hope to get to the range with it soon with a scope mounted to try it out, but I also was wondering what bullet weight these would like the most. The barrel is marked "C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7".

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:34:51 PM EDT
I can't say anything about compareing accuracy. I only have one AR, which is my Colt MTCH-Bar. I haven't done much shooting accuracy wise with it, but the other day with 3 different loads I was getting sub-moa groups at 100yds.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:59:09 PM EDT
I had a Colt Match Target H-Bar that was marked 5.56 1/9 twist, shot excellent.

I had half dollar groupings with just irons at 250 yards away. They're good stuff, but some have their faults here and there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:03:11 AM EDT
I'll take it to the range today. I just mounted a 6.5-20x50 scope on it. The only ammo I have right now is some WWB 55gr FMJ and some of my 55gr SP reloads using RE15 powder. My reload proved to me more accurate than anything else in my SP-1, so I'll see if the Match Target likes it.

I'll post my results later.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:20:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hawgleg44:
I'll take it to the range today. I just mounted a 6.5-20x50 scope on it. The only ammo I have right now is some WWB 55gr FMJ and some of my 55gr SP reloads using RE15 powder. My reload proved to me more accurate than anything else in my SP-1, so I'll see if the Match Target likes it.

I'll post my results later.

Thanks.

Best ammo I've shot with for the Match Target HBars were the Black Hills blue box Match Grade ammo. Good luck though!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:22:19 PM EDT
I'm sure that match grade ammo would give me better groups, but the best I could get was about 1" at 100 yards. Not bad at all, but it really HATED the WWB ammo. The groups from that looked more like a shotgun pattern than a rifle group, even at 50 yards!

Well, I shot it, and it was more accurate than I thought it would be. But, I decided I don't need another AR now, so it's going to be posted in the forum for him as soon as I get a price from him.

I know he's never done any serious accuracy work with it. He had a Cobray 37mm flare launcher on the bottom of it that's going to be sold seperately. If he had some rounds for it, I would have to play with it before it goes down the road, too!
Top Top