Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/22/2006 6:24:58 AM EDT
Has anyone out there heard of the AR-47...An AR receiver that has been modified to accept AK 47 mags and uses the 7.62X39 round?  Is the stripped receiver available, or does it have to be the completed unit?  Prices?  Where available?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old SF
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:59:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Believe it or not, a google search for AR47 revealed:  this! OR, you could just risk it all and try typing in www.ar47.com and see what you get.  Sometimes you get lucky.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Believe it or not, a google search for AR47 revealed:  this! OR, you could just risk it all and try typing in www.ar47.com and see what you get.  Sometimes you get lucky.

Your sarcas-fu is strong, Grasshopper.

Nick
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Has anyone out there heard of the AR-47...An AR receiver that has been modified to accept AK 47 mags and uses the 7.62X39 round?  Is the stripped receiver available, or does it have to be the completed unit?  Prices?  Where available?

Old SF

Atlantic Firearms had them a while back:  ar-47
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]
As you can tell from the number of posts I have to my credit, it's fairly easy to guess that I am sort of new to this board!  That said, when I need information on all things AR, I come here!  I figure that I'll get friendly, knowledgable advice and assistance, not get my chops busted because somebody sees me as too stupid to do things HIS WAY!!!  On the other hand, if someone thinks my question is so damned foolish, why not just save yourself some time and not post a reply!!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:22:49 PM EDT
[#5]
If I remember correctly, they had some reliability issues.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
As you can tell from the number of posts I have to my credit, it's fairly easy to guess that I am sort of new to this board!  That said, when I need information on all things AR, I come here!  I figure that I'll get friendly, knowledgable advice and assistance, not get my chops busted because somebody sees me as too stupid to do things HIS WAY!!!  On the other hand, if someone thinks my question is so damned foolish, why not just save yourself some time and not post a reply!!!!

Well said :). This is a forum for information and assistance, not for others to hound you about different practices and ammo/equipment use.......
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Bravo!

+1
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

We like to have our fun, too. Standing up for the Second Amendment and toting around ARs requires a thick skin and steady nerves.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Check out MGI.  They have a lower with a removable mag well.  It will accept AR or AK mags.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#10]
And don't mind the frequent sarcastic remarks, some aimed at you.  Some of us are just surly by nature, while others cycle through surly to mean and viscious.  You get used to it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If I remember correctly, they had some reliability issues.

Not to mention that a stripped lower costs almost as much as a SAR/WASR and that the upper has to be machined.

I think they're great range guns if you have money to burn.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:41:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
We like to have our fun, too. Standing up for the Second Amendment and toting around ARs requires a thick skin and steady nerves.

The skin's plenty thick and the nerves are steady (or is it NUMB!!).  I didn't take it (too) personally.  My annoyance is at the tone and attitude displayed!  We're all here to have a bit of fun and learn things.  It's even okay to hack on someone's opinion.  You just don't go personal!

Or, at least that's my opinion.  And I guess I'll stick to it!!!

Thanks for the soap box!  RANT OVER!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:56:49 PM EDT
[#13]
"And don't mind the frequent sarcastic remarks, some aimed at you. Some of us are just surly by nature, while others cycle through surly to mean and viscious. You get used to it."

That cycling through thing, does that happen every 28 days or there about? If so I think I know the problem
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Old SF

Atlantic Firearms had them a while back:  ar-47

Hesse/Vulcan
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well said :). This is a forum for information and assistance, not for others to hound you about different practices and ammo/equipment use.......

ROFL sorry friend I think your mistaken.  This is the land of gucci gear and biting chairborn ranger sarcasm.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top