Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/16/2006 4:34:45 PM EDT
Ok, a couple of years ago I purchased a Les Baer M4. I had not shot it until a couple of weeks ago. I have tried 3 brands of ammo, 10-mags. It jams about every other round, short strokes, stove pipes and does not eject. I have tride dry, lubed, greased, etc. I have shoot a lot of ARs and never had anything like this before. Has anyone else that gots one any issues.hinking.gif

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:00:18 PM EDT
Check for loose carrier key, missing gas ring (s), chipped or broken extractor....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:32:15 PM EDT
Sounds like gas loss.Check the gas tube,carrier key and bolts rings.Then check the extractor and ejector.Does the carrier move smoothely when manualy operated?if not could be a tolerance issue..they do make their rifles and pistols tight.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:34:53 PM EDT
Gas tube riding on carrier key due to improperly installed barrel nut?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:48:35 PM EDT
Oh, this one's got shitstorm possibility.

Lube - done.
Gas key would be the next easy one.
Gas port blockage is a possibility.
I seen this once where the cam pin was dragging inside the upper receiver - too much added friction.
There's probably more, that's just off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:36:32 PM EDT
I would call les, I just got my baer M4 and have not had any problems with it. He has been the most help out of all the companies I have bought from when it comes to standing behind his product.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:10:00 AM EDT
For how much they charge for their AR's they had better stand behind their products!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:24:43 PM EDT
Les will certainly stand behind his product. He might ask why you bought something 2 years ago and just now got around to shooting it? That is a little unusual.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:25:13 PM EDT
Ya, I need to contact him.

I was working overseas. I ordered the weapon and it was to be at my local gun dealer when I got home on leave so I could have 30-days fun with it. I had a scope and several thousand rounds already to go. The dealer had my money for almost 9-mounths at that point. Well to make a long story short it did not show up until the last day of my leave and was not what I had ordered. I wanted a standard barrel and it was the heavy. The dealer said I would have to pay a 10% stocking fee to return it. I got pissed took the weapon and put it in the safe and headed off the next day for over a year.

I have been back in country now for about a year and finally decided I would try it and have been having problems.

In all the whole episode has been less then satisfying.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:38:11 PM EDT
You waited 2 years before shooting a new rig?! I usually can't wait till the next weekend

- Ice
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:00:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Desertrun:
Ya, I need to contact him.

I was working overseas. I ordered the weapon and it was to be at my local gun dealer when I got home on leave so I could have 30-days fun with it. I had a scope and several thousand rounds already to go. The dealer had my money for almost 9-mounths at that point. Well to make a long story short it did not show up until the last day of my leave and was not what I had ordered. I wanted a standard barrel and it was the heavy. The dealer said I would have to pay a 10% stocking fee to return it. I got pissed took the weapon and put it in the safe and headed off the next day for over a year.

I have been back in country now for about a year and finally decided I would try it and have been having problems.

In all the whole episode has been less then satisfying.

That is a greek tragedy. I'm sorry it happend.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:40:14 PM EDT
If you contact Les Baer please let us know hows it goes. I know I want to know. I had a Custom Carry 1911 I got off a guy and traded it off eventually but never had any problems. I traded it because I am looking at buying a new 1911 from him direct but I'd like to know about the service. I know yours is an M4 and not a 1911 but I'd be curious to hear the resolution if you contact him.

I would think regardless of the time lag they would want to take care of it if its a quality control issue, especially for the $$$ those things run. Good luck and hope you get it squared away!
Top Top