Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/16/2006 7:08:58 AM EDT
Me and a buddy took some toys to the local forestry range today. Somebody must've been celebrating MLK day because the place was covered with "targets" and spent casings. We did our part and perforated one of the "targets" (fullsize piece of plywood) with these.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow nice guns.  Your buddy likes his Class 3 stuff.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:28:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Now you got me itching for an AK now, thanks....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:02:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Now you got me itching for an AK now, thanks....

Hehe, sorry. That MAK-90 is a work in progress. My next step is to replace the barrel with a Polytech with the bayo lug and muzzle attachment detent in place. That particular Chikom is scary accurate for an AK shooting crappy Russian ammo. As much fun as it is to empty 30 round mags with the Commando, there is just something about a nice AK that puts a smile on my face.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:06:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Where did you get the lower? Is it an issue weapon or..?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:15:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Where did you get the lower? Is it an issue weapon or..?

Law enforcement issue. It's a Colt M16A2 Commando.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Must be nice. Glad you guys had a good time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm glad us non LEO peons got a glace
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm glad us non LEO peons got a glace

Hey, I'm a non LEO peon too! I just invited my buddy to the range and he brought his M16. The AK is mine and it is semi-auto. He is a door buster. That's why he has such cool gear. I am the guy in the 2nd pic, he is the one with the Glock 23 and the AK.

I used to have another friend who was big into full auto gear and I miss shooting with him. He had lots of neat toys.

The guy with me used to have an M4 but his department just recently went to the Commando. The M4 was 3-round burst. I think I liked it better. The Commando is so short and light, it is very hard to control when you cut it loose. Even spitting 2-3 rounds at a time is difficult compared to the M4.

I know lots of people have hard-ons for full-auto and super short barrels, heck I used to also. But once you actually handle one and shoot them, they are much harder to master than say a semi-auto 16" barreled gun. The light weight, short sight radius, short barrel (loss of muzzle velocity and sometimes they tend to keyhole sooner) and tendency for them to "walk" just really makes them specialized. To be perfectly honest, I would much rather have a regular old RRA or Colt M4gery for what I do. Oh and the noise, good God that ten inch barrel is loud!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Your local forestry range wouldn't happen to be called "Clear Creek"  would it?  That looks like the one I use.  Or maybe all Forestry dept. ranges designed/built the same way?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Great post, Sulaco.

Reminds me...............

I need to get some door-buster friends.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Hi Sulaco,  Very nice set-up!  Do you have to modified/trimed the YHM single-point end plate?  On my Colt it dragged on the charging handle.   Thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:47:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Your local forestry range wouldn't happen to be called "Clear Creek"  would it?  That looks like the one I use.  Or maybe all Forestry dept. ranges designed/built the same way?

Close, it's called Cedar Creek and it is in Newberry Co., SC just outside of Whitmire. If you are in Kentucky, I think the similar name is all these ranges share. But yes, I am sure all national forest ranges look the same. Spent shell casings and all.

Quoted:
Great post, Sulaco.

Reminds me...............

I need to get some door-buster friends.

Yes, those sort come in handy if you know what I mean.

Quoted:
Hi Sulaco,  Very nice set-up!  Do you have to modified/trimed the YHM single-point end plate?  On my Colt it dragged on the charging handle.   Thanks

The M16 isn't mine, it is my friends and they have an armorer that does all of their work so I doubt he knows. I'll ask though!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top