Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2006 3:13:11 PM EDT
Hi,   been lurking here a while, learning as much as I can from the threads, asking one or two questions.   Finally bought myself an AR today.   It's a used Bushmaster CMP rifle.  Not exactly sure when it was manufactured but the part number on the receiver is XM15-E2S.

The only gunsmith I trust with my 1911s sold it to me after hearing I was interested in getting into the NRA high power matches at our range.  As soon as he made the offer I knew I'd end up buying it (even though I did hesitate a week or two).  The gun is in beautiful shape, has the best trigger I've ever pulled on any rifle (of any type), and I've seen this guy win the match three months in a row with it.  

At least I'm starting out with an AR that I'm absolutely certain can shoot better than I can
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#1]
gotta post pics
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I would post pics - if I could figure out howhttp://tinypic.com/kbavll.jpg

http://tinypic.com/kbav7r.jpg

if that worked, thanks to the folks below who pointed me in the right direction.  BTW:  I should have also noted that I'm a lousy photographer
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would post pics - if I could figure out how

Host them on a picture file server, image shack, putfile, many more abound. Then link the picture address here using the img tags.  Some give you the address to link such as Putfile, some you just copy the image address.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Imageshack Link

Made it hot for you. Just browse for the image on your computer and click upload.
Just post the "direct links" to the image that ImageShack gives you. I'll (Or someone else) show you how to make an image instead of a link once you get it uploaded.

If you can't figure it out email them to me at [email protected] and I'll host them for you.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#5]
probably the easiest one is www.tinypic.com

put the photo in and then just copy the IMG link they've got there... post it here, viola pic
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#6]
You now have the disease, hide all your Credit Cards and stay away from the EE ( equipment exchange)
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You now have the disease, hide all your Credit Cards and stay away from the EE ( equipment exchange)

doesn't help.... I have my CC #'s memorized
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:12:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the club. 20" A2's are fun, but soon you'll be lusting after a carbine, or SBR, or whatver the configuration of the month is. Black rifle disease is a life changing affliction.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I'm already looking around at carbines.  This SOB is heavy.  I haven't put it on a scale yet but I'd be willing to bet it's twice as heavy as the A2's they break out for our qualification firing.

Of course, this one's barrel is lot heavier than a standard A2 and there's a lead counterweight in the buttstock.

Got to put 80 rounds through it this morning.  I had a great zero within 20 rounds.  At 50 yards it's almost too easy to make a five shot group one ragged hole.  At 100 yards I get worse but from a fully supported rest I can usually do 1" groups.   At 300 yards I'm a lousy shot but even I could get about half of the shots into the black from a prone, unsupported position.  I think I like this rifle
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top