Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/13/2006 11:49:04 PM EDT
So i just sold my first gun that i every bought and decided to keep the money in the family and use it for something gun related. I recently purchased a Rem. 870 and a Colt LE6920. The Colt has an EoTech and Hogue pistol grip and thats it. The 870 is bone stock. Im torn because after seeing everyones guns on here i feel like that kid at the car show with the bone stock car. Here is what I want to consider my first AR complete:

Free-Float Rail - Larue
VFG
SureFire M96

Since this money is burning a hole in my pocket i've really wanted to get some stuff, but the gun shop guy keeps telling me to wait until after SHOT show to see the new products. I was thinking about getting the SureFire first since its the most expensive......What do you guys think....Should i wait till after SHOT show, would that be the wise choice, or should i just do it? Or should i get some stuff for my 870!

Or should i get a new gun!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:01:31 AM EDT
Why worry about what everybody else has? Get what you want or can afford.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:02:39 AM EDT
depends....would you prefer a suped up AR or another AR...

nothing wrong w/ a stock AR imo

w/ those things you want, why not build another one?

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:19:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HarrySacz:
Why worry about what everybody else has? Get what you want or can afford.

Its not that i can't afford it....Its just that im not sure exactly what will be released at SHOT show that will be better than a LaRue FF or a SureFire light....Or even if they will release something new from each company to replace the following. I dont want to order something old this month and next month something else might come out to replace what i just bought.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:20:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ALPHAGHOST:

haha suped up......I wanna get everything i can for one, just in case.............
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:22:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/14/2006 12:22:50 AM EDT by ALPHAGHOST]

Originally Posted By BlackLex:

Originally Posted By ALPHAGHOST:

haha suped up......I wanna get everything i can for one, just in case.............

ok--how about a cheaper light option (not exactly a surefire G2 package...); check out the EE for the best deals...some of this stuff bought used will save you some $$$s, and then you can begin to save up for new SHOT show stuff
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:30:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/14/2006 12:31:50 AM EDT by BlackLex]
But on the other hand....every year there is a SHOT show, so every year there is the possibility of something new commming out......Im just trying to get some feedback from people....

Im surprised no one has said:

1) Buy Ammo & Mags
2) Buy what I want now, and if i see something i like after SHOT show, buy that too
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:17:58 AM EDT
while not exactly your position B-Lex, I am on the verge of a couple of buys and I have decided to hold off until SHOT

You have a good combination now, I'd suggest the mags/ammo/trigger time route.

There will always be something "new" to buy
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:23:34 AM EDT
SHOT is less than a month away, so if you can wait that long, you'll find out what's new. However, that doesn't mean you'll see it at your dealer right away. I saw stuff at SHOT 3 years ago and I still haven't seen it on the shelf anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:35:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/14/2006 6:38:23 AM EDT by chuck1]
One thing to consider is that some of the new goodies you might want that are shown at the Shot show will not be available for months or possibly almost a year (PRS stock is one I can think of)

dagnabit, someone beat me to it. Guess I shouldn't have left to nuke breakfast.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:22:22 AM EDT
You can never go wrong with atleast 7 30rd magazines. They can be had for next to nothing now too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:46:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BlackLex: I dont want to order something old this month and next month something else might come out to replace what i just bought.

I think you just answered your own question. ..wait
Top Top