Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/18/2003 4:02:24 PM EDT
I've a question. In building my newest modular Bushmaster M4 I am unsure which brand of reflex sight to go with. I have narrowed it down to Trijicon and EOtech. If anyone with experience could provide me a reccomendation i'd appreciate it! Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:13:25 PM EDT
If you are talking about the Trijicon Reflex sight, the Eotech is so far and above, its not even worth talking about. Some will tout the Reflex's battery free reliability, but they wash out in far too many different lighting conditions and dont work well with flashlights, and the blue tinted lense sucks in failing light.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:16:12 PM EDT
Forget the Trijicon "Wash-out special". Reflexs sights are: Aimpoint and Eotech. Others need not apply.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:25:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2003 7:28:43 PM EDT by Big-Bore]
I have both and like them both very much. The Reflex II (6 MOA and 12.5 MOA) does present you with a very darkened FOV so shooting irons co-witnessed through it are a problem for me. Shooting in sunlight has not been a problem, even on the brightest days. However, if you are shooting into a high intensity tac light, it will wash out. Plus you never having to worry about batteries going dead and it self adjusts the brightness of the reticle. If you are in a dark area and the sight is dimmed, then enter a light area, it brightens automatically, the EOTech (512AA) you have to crank up the intensity. The EOTech uses batteries, which can go dead. The AA that I have will last between 500-700 hours, so they are not short lived. The EOTech gives a clearer sight picture and shooting irons co-witnessed through it is no trouble at all. The reticle in the EOTech is bigger, and at the same time offers a very precise 1 MOA center dot. The Reflex offers 3 MOA, 6 MOA, and the 125 MOA triangle. While the tips of triangle can be used for precise shooting, I definitely shoot tighter groups through the EOTech. The Reflex is also smaller. Reflex II: Smaller No batteries to go dead Self-adjusting illuminated reticle does so instantly, so it is faster and less fumbling is involved to use it in lighting conditions that vary, Good precision shooting ability. BIG PLUS for some-most color blind people can see the reticle as easily as color-visioned people (My son is color blind and cannot see reds. The brightest red reticle looks a pale yellow to him that washes out in even modest room light. He can use the yellow reticle of the Reflex II as easily as anyone, but cannot use any red reticled sight except in very dark conditions. In his case, the ReFlex II is the only game in town. EOTech and Aimpoint might as well have dead batteries in them for all the good they do him). EOTech: Clearer field of view, Easier to shoot irons through, Excellent precision shooting ability, When adjusted correctly, won't wash out as easily in bright tac lights, If screen is damaged or blocked, if any screen remains at all sight is still usable. Faster to pick up reticle due to large outer ring. Both seem equally rugged IMO.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:41:10 PM EDT
EOTech
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:25:59 PM EDT
I had that same reflex, and sold it with the A.R.M.S. #15 for all of the reasons that LUMPY and BIG-BORE said. I loved the way it worked with my system, but it failed me too often. Close to mid. range = Aimpoint Mid to far range = ACOG Just my thoughts. KZ
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:59:16 PM EDT
So whats up with the new meprolight, sure looks good to me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:04:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Spartan-Racing: So whats up with the new meprolight, sure looks good to me.
View Quote
Its not new. Its been around for a quite awhile. And its a rehash of the already poor Trijicon Reflex.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:20:05 PM EDT
Top Top