Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2003 4:42:50 PM EDT
As I spend a fortune writing,calling and volunteering for pro-gun candidates,and meeting with state senators,congressmen and representatives...I see complacent,inactive,hoodwinked gunowners ignoring the battle to protect the second amendment.Most seem more concerned with buying trinkets and doo-dads for their guns than they do about the second amendment.While we gloat over the thought of buying pre-ban configuration guns,the anti-gunners are mobilizing,reaching the media,and getting an overwhelming head start on us.Wake up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Name names, so I can write to them too.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
As I spend a fortune writing,calling and volunteering for pro-gun candidates,and meeting with state senators,congressmen and representatives...I see complacent,inactive,hoodwinked gunowners ignoring the battle to protect the second amendment.Most seem more concerned with buying trinkets and doo-dads for their guns than they do about the second amendment.While we gloat over the thought of buying pre-ban configuration guns,the anti-gunners are mobilizing,reaching the media,and getting an overwhelming head start on us.Wake up.
View Quote

Where are you seeing these gun owners? All of my shooting buddies are as politically active as I am.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank GOD,somebody cares!! Try the NRA-ILA website.They give addresses and#'s for politicians in all 50 states.Also,check out www.AWbansunset.com  Keep in mind,when you write these guys,check your spelling and use good manners...nobody wants to get cussed out and humiliated. GUNSHOWS...rent a 20 dollar table and do not worry about the guys that laugh at you.Those neophites cannot be reached.Good luck...fight the good fight.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Try NRA-ILA,they list all of the politicians.Also check out www.AWbansunset.com  and remember to check your spelling and be polite...nobody wants to be cussed out and humiliated.Write down on paper what you want to say,and then call the legislators.This way you won't trip over your words.Also,call after hours and leave polite messages.That way it won't just be some giggling office girl talking to you and disregarding you.Also,do some gun shows.Reach the pro-gun people.Its only 25 bucks for a table.Good luck,fight the good fight.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#5]
It's interesting to me that you come here and make the assumption that we are all:

I see complacent,inactive,hoodwinked gunowners ignoring the battle to protect the second amendment.Most seem more concerned with buying trinkets and doo-dads for their guns than they do about the second amendment.While we gloat over the thought of buying pre-ban configuration guns,the anti-gunners are mobilizing,reaching the media,and getting an overwhelming head start on us.Wake up.

I'll tell ya what partner when you catch up to me and my personal letter writing campain, call me.

Here's a quarter.

Oh and try figuring out where your space bar is on your keyboard.

[;D]

[:D]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I understand your feelings, and there are those that fit your description, but I think it is wrong of you to generalize and lump everyone into that group, cause if you do, you are wrong.

Personally, I contribute to the NRA-ILA (though they do NOTHING for NFA owners), my state's senator and representatives are very pro-gun and are active in the fight, I spread the word and dispell the myths as best I can, but most importantly - [b]I VOTE EVERY CHANCE I GET![/b].

I take offense at being grouped in with the others, sir.  BTW, I don't trust Jesus, I take personal action myself.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I am not much one for giving money, but I do vote every election and call/write/e-mail my Congressman and Senators. Sometimes I even lie and call/write/e-mail the Congressman from other districts.

I also advise not to ignore your local reps, CCW passed in Colorado this year and other anti-gun issues went down because of good pro-gun voter turnout.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I do my part!!![bounce]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:32:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Fantastic,I'm glad I got some of you guys fired up.I do not mind getting screwed with,now I know you folks are alive!!!! My retinas are burned up from computer work,arthritis from letter writing...but thats ok.I've worked with Chocola,Heim,Hostetler,Tancredo and others...the one fence sitter that scares me is Evan Bayh(IN).He can be won over with respect.You can love me,hate me,spit on me,disgrace me...just remember...you cannot whip GOD. Amen
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Fantastic,I'm glad I got some of you guys fired up.I do not mind getting screwed with,now I know you folks are alive!!!! My retinas are burned up from computer work,arthritis from letter writing...but thats ok.I've worked with Chocola,Heim,Hostetler,Tancredo and others...the one fence sitter that scares me is Evan Bayh(IN).He can be won over with respect.You can love me,hate me,spit on me,disgrace me...just remember...you cannot whip GOD. Amen
View Quote

[:K]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:20:05 AM EDT
[#11]
What are you looking for a medal?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fantastic,I'm glad I got some of you guys fired up.
View Quote

Sure are taking a lot of credit there.  I was writing letters long before I ever heard of you.

[>:/]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Mind telling ua a little about yourself, since you know so much about us and how all we do is buy do-dads for our guns.

You came to the wrong site to [:K]. Very gun pro-active here, so tread lightly.

I vote, write letters, contribute, and get all the neigbors I can to go out and shoot with me.

I'm trying to infect as many as I can with that damn black rifle disease. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey Jesus freak ever hear the term "preaching to the converted?" You didn't fire up anyone we have been fired up and still are. Doesn't your God teach you not to judge? I do plenty politically AND buy doo-dads for my guns. So go say 10 Hail Marys and get over yourself.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#15]
I would say anyone like that has probably just gotten sick of fighting this never ending, losing battle. We can't win in the courts even though we have right on our side. Slowly but surely we will lose, unless our little cold war turns into a hot one.

That's how I see it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been shooting for 35 years.I love GOD and I love guns.GOD gave me a great family and some wealth...I have all a man could want.Not to mention stunning good looks!!!!!  No,but seriously,I would like to see more of the gun guys in church getting blessed.I'm sure some of you are believers and know what I mean.Also,I do not call it judgement...it's discernment.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#17]
[whacko]

That's it, I'm outta here!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:27:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah yeah, praise the lord and pass the ammunition.  Message received, now go away.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've been shooting for 35 years.I love GOD and I love guns.GOD gave me a great family and some wealth...I have all a man could want.Not to mention stunning good looks!!!!!  No,but seriously,I would like to see more of the gun guys in church getting blessed.I'm sure some of you are believers and know what I mean.Also,I do not call it judgement...it's discernment.
View Quote

What's your point?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I HATE it when "Christians" make Christians look like idiots.

Go away [:K]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're so righteous and active, I am so full of admiration and appreciation. Exemplary without par, outstanding A-1 citizen. Thank you, My eyes are opening as I read.

Thank GOD,somebody cares!! Try the NRA-ILA website.They give addresses and#'s for politicians in all 50 states.Also,check out www.AWbansunset.com Keep in mind,when you write these guys,check your spelling and use good manners...nobody wants to get cussed out and humiliated. GUNSHOWS...rent a 20 dollar table and do not worry about the guys that laugh at you.Those neophites cannot be reached.Good luck...fight the good fight.
View Quote

Thank you for the invaluable tips, its great to have a new member with so much wisdom and knowledge, someone willing to give up their valuable time to teach us.

Try NRA-ILA,they list all of the politicians.Also check out www.AWbansunset.com and remember to check your spelling and be polite...nobody wants to be cussed out and humiliated.Write down on paper what you want to say,and then call the legislators.This way you won't trip over your words.Also,call after hours and leave polite messages.That way it won't just be some giggling office girl talking to you and disregarding you.Also,do some gun shows.Reach the pro-gun people.Its only 25 bucks for a table.Good luck,fight the good fight.
View Quote

...uh... again, thank you for the invaluable tips, its great to have a new member with so much wisdom and knowledge, someone willing to give up their valuable time to teach us.

View Quote

Burned retinas... for GOD's sake, is there anything this man wouldn't give??? So many people you know, so influential...

I've been shooting for 35 years.I love GOD and I love guns.GOD gave me a great family and some wealth...I have all a man could want.Not to mention stunning good looks!!!!! No,but seriously,I would like to see more of the gun guys in church getting blessed.I'm sure some of you are believers and know what I mean.Also,I do not call it judgement...it's discernment.
View Quote

GOD and guns... GOD and guns... God and guns... I get it.

Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#22]
When it comes to religion too much can be not so good...Guns on the other hand.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#23]
[size=6]Who Cares. This is a NON AR topic in the AR forum. POST the BS in GD.

IBTMFL[/size=6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top