Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/12/2003 11:31:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2003 11:43:08 AM EDT by OpenFire]
Broken AR15 lower reciever with parts M16 AR-15
Item #12498698

Just another example of problems with Hesse Lowers.

Auction on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 12:18:42 PM EDT
[url=http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=12498698]Item #12498698[/url]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 12:27:17 PM EDT
i bet it's a [b]cast[/b] lower. i've seen 2 or 3 pics of cast lowers breaking in the same place. only last 20rds..what a piece of crap!
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 12:28:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Engineer: [url=http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=12498698]Item #12498698[/url]
View Quote
I think your link is out of commission.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 12:55:35 PM EDT
WARDOG7366:
Engineer: [url=http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=12498698]Item #12498698[/url]
View Quote
I think your link is out of commission.
View Quote
[img]http://www.gunbroker.com/pixhost/2003-07-27/feonix455_1059313529_Dcp_0002.jpg[/img] [url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=12498698[/url]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 1:03:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2003 1:03:32 PM EDT by _DR]
it already has one bid for $46. Who would buy such a piece of junk, all that is usable is the buffer tube and lower parts, hardly worth that amount if they are Hesse as well (probably chinese made). Hesse is the Yugo of the firearms world.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 1:10:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2003 1:15:40 PM EDT by WILSON]
I know! [BD] I think $46 is just his reserve price (or the bidder is his AA troll account), I doubt if anyone will buy the pos.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 1:12:54 PM EDT
I'll never understand why people don't read up on these rifles before they buy. Course, I did the same thing but I was able to send it back and get my money back. BTW,if he's in MN, why don't he just take it to the company instead of calling? [>:/]
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 1:25:12 PM EDT
Because even Hesse would recognize a fracture caused by over-torqueing the buffer-tube during assembly?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 2:44:41 PM EDT
You could be correct. I can't see any other reason for the reciever to fail in that area.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 3:10:06 PM EDT
The ar is not designed around a cast lower receiver and should never be manufactured that way. He should try to buy all of these 80% forgings around and just machine them instead of trying to sell cast pos. I wouldn't even buy an olympic cast lower either.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 4:17:28 PM EDT
Over-torquing might be a good reason or accuse, but the history of Hesse recievers failing, I would fall back on the old saying a Gunnery Sargent once relayed to me, "Everyone has excuses, just like assholes". Anyway, DPMS, Olypmic Arms, and Essential Arms made or make cast lowers and you don't hear of the disasters associated with Hesse receivers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:18:23 AM EDT
I just sold a crap Century Arms / Hesse receiver crap M1 Garand at the gunshow today. Told the dude up front it was a POS and was beyond my skills to make it function, but he bought it anyways. What a sucker! When it comes to Hesse receivers of any ilk, just say 'no!', and pat yourself on the back for using good sense. If your the type that repeatedly wins the lotto, then get one and see if you lucked out and got one that works.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:20:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By WILSON: Because even Hesse would recognize a fracture caused by over-torqueing the buffer-tube during assembly?
View Quote
How exactly do you do that? Mine seems to only screw on to a certain point before you are unable to twist it further without covering completely the little nipple that sticks up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:58:00 AM EDT
BTW,if he's in MN, why don't he just take it to the company instead of calling?
View Quote
Several reasons: 1. Theoretically Hexxe is out of business, although I still see him at some local gun shows. Theoretically he was bought out by Vulcan Arms. 2. I made the mistake of buying one of his lowers &, after I found out about him on this site, I tried to return it & he wouldn't touch it. 3. There is no "company" in the normal sense. He operates out of his home in Inver Grove Heights, MN. 4. He no longer has a website so the guy couldn't find him anyway.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:14:43 AM EDT
In in the interest of better serving the community, I would like to offer my services to current Hesse owners. I will gladly dispose of each and every one of your defective Hesse parts. I will even pay for shipping. Send that no doubt soon-to-break lower to me before you put it together. I will make sure that it won't harm anyone ever again. All at no cost to you!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 10:52:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By hardcase:
View Quote
Several reasons: 1. Theoretically Hexxe is out of business, although I still see him at some local gun shows. Theoretically he was bought out by Vulcan Arms. 2. I made the mistake of buying one of his lowers &, after I found out about him on this site, I tried to return it & he wouldn't touch it. 3. There is no "company" in the normal sense. He operates out of his home in Inver Grove Heights, MN. 4. He no longer has a website so the guy couldn't find him anyway.
View Quote
1) I knew that. He changed names (got bought out) when I was having my ordeal with FAC. 2) That figures. 3) From what I understand you can ATTEMPT to reach him through vulcanarms.com All though, when I tried calling after they switched names, I received an answering machine that the outgoing message sounded something like you would do for home, not a business. Go figure. Jethro, What do you intend on doing with them? I wouldn't even use one for a door stop.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:21:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JCox:
Originally Posted By hardcase:
View Quote
View Quote
1) I knew that. He changed names (got bought out) when I was having my ordeal with FAC. 2) That figures. 3) From what I understand you can ATTEMPT to reach him through vulcanarms.com All though, when I tried calling after they switched names, I received an answering machine that the outgoing message sounded something like you would do for home, not a business. Go figure. Jethro, What do you intend on doing with them? I wouldn't even use one for a door stop.
View Quote
He melts 'em down to cast his own recievers. [url]www.backyardmetalcasting.com[/url] [:D]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:28:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/13/2003 11:31:29 AM EDT by WILSON]
[lolabove] [s]FanoftheBlackRifle, that's a weird avatar... what'd M4AAU do?[/s] Edited to add: Never mind, now I remember![:)]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:41:59 PM EDT
actually it appears to be the same one from a month ago.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 1:22:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:04:02 PM EDT
JCox, My offer to "dispose" of the Hesse lowers was purely motivated by greed.[:D] I have seen several Hesse units that worked perfectly. I know one owner that is thrilled with his purchase. I haven't seen any real problems with Hesse firsthand. Now I'm not saying that Hesse/Vulcan would be a the top of my list for a new purchase: This freaking board is full of horror stories. But, I would (and do) take a grain of salt with a lot of these reports. For example, about 2 or 3 months ago, someone posted a picture of a Hesse split apart like this one. The pictures were excellent, but some of them showed a semi-circular mark on the buffer tube ring. A short buffer had been installed, and firing the gun slammed the carrier assembly against the ring. Do this enough times and it will break. The picture in this thread looks similar but not quite. I would like to see a picture of the ring face. If it is clean, then yes this lower is of the shitty persuasion, and Hesse needs a spanking. A grab your ankles, "come to Jesus", razor strop thumping. To sum it up: Would I buy one? Probably not.. Would I take a free one? You bet! PS. Now that I typed this, I seem to recall that the pin holes in one Hesse were all out of whack? Can anyone verify? Jethro
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:39:22 PM EDT
What JethroM1 said. I've seen a couple of threads where folks installed the wrong length tubes with these results.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 1:45:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Troy: Here's the basic problem: HESSE GUNS [b]NEVER[/b] HAD A WARRANTY TO BEGIN WITH! If anyone has a copy of the old Hesse web page, the same one where he claimed to produce the best parts available, he also clearly stated that Hesse rifles do NOT have a warranty and are subject to Hesse's "repair policy", which is NOT explained. I'll say it again: HESSE - Unsafe At Any Speed. -Troy
View Quote
I have seen the repair policy, it says "see warranty"... Actually, I had one and only once experience with the "repair policy". I had a Hesse/Century Arms STG-58 that shot it's muzzle break off sometime during the first mag. It was (for a little while) held on by 1 set screw, which I foolishly didn't check, tighten, and locktite. Century arms said to call Hesse, it wasn't their problem. Hesse said, send the whole rifle in (I only asked to buy a replacement brake as I never found the old one again). They refused to sell/give me a replacement brake, they wanted to WELD a new unit on. Screw that. That barrel is still plain to this day. Many of the Hesse stories stem from receivers other than AR-15 types, but with what I saw first hand as a dealer, I would never knowingly buy a Hesse ANYTHING ever again. I would only recommend them to jerks and people I truly hate.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:59:57 AM EDT
Ok! So we all now know, if Mike sells ya a Hesse. Don't expect a Christmas card.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:39:56 AM EDT
Wait one minute - I have the perfect application for these fine, uh, I mean substandard weapons. We can put them to best use by having the Iraqi governing council procure them for the new Iraqi army! Then we would never have to worry about them being a threat again!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:26:52 AM EDT
I duno who the guy selling that thing is, but he's a piece of work. [url=www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=12549413]Here's an auction that Troy would enjoy[/url] [naughty] [u]That[/u] kinda crap boarders on outright theft!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:50:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:05:35 PM EDT
I will sell you the exact same mag for 17.00 even (+shipping) j/k
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:28:19 PM EDT
It's bad enough that he's selling them to buyers that don't know any better. To top it off, he's completely happy to let newbies think they're buying Colt, DPMS, etc... [img]http://pix.gunbroker.com/pixhost/2002-06-16/feonix455_1024236972_30rd_ar15.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:15:04 PM EDT
Oh boy, just think, if you win both auctions you can have your broken Hesse welded up and get some USA mags to have some shootin fun!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:31:43 PM EDT
Hesse receivers and USA mags deserve each other
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 1:07:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By WILSON: To top it off, he's completely happy to let newbies think they're buying Colt, DPMS, etc...
View Quote
The names Colt, DPMS etc are simply there so that people searching for those terms will find his add. This is a common and excellent tactic for all auction sellers. I sometimes do it, but do so in the text at the END of my listing so there is no confusion.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 8:07:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AK_Mike: Hesse receivers and USA mags deserve each other
View Quote
And don't forget BOTACH as the distributor of this fine package deal...
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 9:56:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/16/2003 10:00:17 PM EDT by JCox]
Jethro, I agree with you. If I knew people that had one that has not had any problems, I would do the same thing. I only have my experiences to go by. I also agree with you on the picture that has been floating around for many, many months, however, here are the pictures that I took that goes with my story that I posted a few months back about my Hesse experience. I hope you can see them clearly. [IMG]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid84/p90d030d24467f8dc7b85cbd5a184ef54/facdf482.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid84/pd63bd8e7fc5378d20fa4de33f30fc4e8/facdf491.jpg[/IMG] When I sent this one back and received my second one, the gas tube was bent where it comes through the delta ring and into the receiver. Obviously, something was not inline just as it wasn't on the first one. That's the reason all those little pieces broke off the bolt. The bolt was hitting the chamber. Edited to show bigger pictures.
Top Top