Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2003 12:56:50 AM EDT
Hi everyone, Newb here <G>

Just got a quick question. I have colt Sporter 6601 HBar. I am looking to put in a 2-stage trigger (the bushmaster one). Anyway, I was told the sear block prevents this. So I have had it milled down so it will fit. However someone told me (do not remember whom exactly) that the trigger pins are different on a colt. I have heard this other places as well. What I need to find out is, does anyone know specifically if ALL colt lowers that were tagged "sporter" had the larger trigger pins? Or only certain ones? Is there a way to tell short of buying a pin and seeing if it fits (hate to take it all apart just to put all the same parts back in.) I hate to have to take it all apart just to find out it is a larger size as this is my only AR and living in the PRK I doubt I will be able to get another one until I can afford to get out of this hole.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 7:21:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi everyone, Newb here

Just got a quick question. I have colt Sporter 6601 HBar. I am looking to put in a 2-stage trigger (the bushmaster one). Anyway, I was told the sear block prevents this. So I have had it milled down so it will fit. However someone told me (do not remember whom exactly) that the trigger pins are different on a colt. I have heard this other places as well. What I need to find out is, does anyone know specifically if ALL colt lowers that were tagged "sporter" had the larger trigger pins? Or only certain ones? Is there a way to tell short of buying a pin and seeing if it fits (hate to take it all apart just to put all the same parts back in.) I hate to have to take it all apart just to find out it is a larger size as this is my only AR and living in the PRK I doubt I will be able to get another one until I can afford to get out of this hole.

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Large Fire control parts started with the Blue Label Match Target guns. Do not know if they are still doing it.

You can measure the pin size from the outside, no need to take it apart. Then just compare it to something else, and you will see the difference.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#2]
The pins on my Blue Label 6601 appear to be the same as my Bushmaster.  When I look at them I can't notice a difference.  Are the big pins considerably bigger or just a little bigger?  I heard that some of the 6601's had the small pins.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#3]
The blue label colts come in more variations then you can ever try to justify...  "MOST" wil have large trigger pins but I have owned one in the past that was a small trigger pin lower (man do I kick myself for selling that one!)...

As for triggers, my favorite trigger for a blocked Colt is the Jewell 2-stage trigger.  Now, one of the biggest reasons I favor the Jewell is that it is one of the few really good 2-stage triggers that come in a large-pin and it works with no modifications to your lower (or the block).

So, the first thing you need to figure out is if you have a large or small-pin Colt?  you can compare the pins in your lower to anything but a Colt or if you have a set of calibers you can measure them...  I think the small pin is .154 while the large pin is .169 but I would confirm this before you buy the trigger...
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
So, looks like I need to get myself a micrometer or caliber I guess. Thank you all for the info. I will try to find out in the next for days which pins my lower has. I have that bug you know, where you absolutely have to find out now heheh
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#5]
While there are rare exceptions to this in other Colt models, A 6601 HBar with a sear block will most likely have large trigger and hammer pins.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top