Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2003 12:35:25 PM EDT
how is the bi lock for flash suppression? Durable?

I'm thinking about having a 14.5" with a perm affix FS, suppressor may come later. So Bi lock, vortex, phantom? What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
how is the bi lock for flash suppression? Durable?

I'm thinking about having a 14.5" with a perm affix FS, suppressor may come later. So Bi lock, vortex, phantom? What do you guys think?
View Quote

"perm affix FS, suppressor may come later."

how permanent of a flash suppressor?
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Permanent.
Though another option is to register one of my rifles as an SBR. Considering that as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I have several Bilocks.  They are durable.  Basically an A2 F/H with small but thick wings on an extended base.  Not the best F/H, no better than a standard A2.

If you want a really good flash hider, go with the Vortex, it's the best there is right now, with the Phantom very closely behind - it's a matter of preference but the Vortex is better at flash elimination (there is no flash).

A note on the Bilock, I recommend you have Gemtech install it.  A competant gunsmith can do it, but then you don't get the warranty with it, which extends to the Gemtech suppressor if you use one.  Gemtech also uses laser welding so the barrel is not harmed as can happen with traditional welding if not carefull.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks AK Mike, I would like to get a Colt 14.5" M4 upper. Need to extend length, obviously, or go SBR.

There are a few places that will perm affix bi lock or vortex. Not sure about bi lock. Is it as good at flash suppression as the A2 FS? I have probably ruled out the vortex due to probs with hanging up on debris. I live in a heavily forested area.

The phantom would be a good all around choice but the Colt guys don't seem to list this as an option for permanent placement. I have a spare lying around somewhere also. Probably would do if I shipped it to them, though, but I haven't gotten around to checking that option out. Thought I'd see what everyone elses experiences had been.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Dr,

I understand.  I would go for the phantom if you want good flash suppression in your case, I am SURE many people will permanently attach it for you, maybe someone good like [url=http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/page/page/8932.htm]Kurt's KF[/url].  I am not sure what you mean by Colt guys not listing it - Colt distributors list the Vortex cause it's the best. A note on the Vortex, the older style had a ring groove on the end so you one could put a ring on the tip to prevent catching on brush, but that defeats one of the Vortex's operating principles of tuned vibrating tines.  As far as the Bilock is concerned, it works just like a standard A2 flash hider, and looks the same on that part of it.  Maybe you should look into the Knight's or AAC's flash hider QD suppressor mounts?  I am not sure if they are long enough, but they are both dual flash hider/QD suppressor mounts as well, designed like the Bilock to take all the normal AR/M16 attachments as well.  You can see the AAC unit [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=159384&w=searchPop]here[/url] but I don't have a link for the KAC unit, but I have seen it here on the discussion boards a few times.  Don't know how either is at flash suppression.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Another route is the new SWR suppressor that use the Vortx G6 flash hider, that would be an excellent way to go.  too bad I live in Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:08:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Gemtech Bilock is about the same as an A2 as far as flash suppression.  It is far batter made and more concentric though and I assume it should hurt your accuracy less if you believe flash hiders harm accuracy.  The KAC flashider is too short to reach the minimum 16" length.  All Bilocks must be permanatly installed as per Gemtech.  Even if you have a 16" barrel it must be permanantly affixed with high temperature cement by them.  So it really is a no brainer if you have a 14.5" barrel.  If someone else attaches it it will void the warranty just like the others here have said.  If you might want a can in the future I reccomend it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:42:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone know if the AAC flash hider/QD suppressor mount is long enough?  I wouldn't mind having an M4-2000 AAC can...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top