Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/28/2003 12:18:23 PM EDT
I thought there was a post on this problem within the last month or so, but I cant find it. Anyone know the link?

Anyways.......I dont have any 'rattle' on my RRA handguards, everything is tight...........I do have some 'rotational' movement. I would say 1/8" maybe the handguard has this 'side-to-side slop'.

I really dont know how else to explain it. It doesnt have any rattle and there is no
front-to-back play..........just this every so slight back and forth rotational play.

Should this little bit of play be expected out of an M4 handguard? Or is there a way I can tighten things up for literally NO movement, play, or slop?

I recently installed an Advanced Armament handguard rail and a Dieter CQD Vertical Grip. This 'play' was in the handguard before the rail/grip was installed, but I really notice the 'play' now with the vertical grip.

Rifle:
RRA M4 Tactical Entry LE w/ 6 Position Stock
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 12:45:10 PM EDT
my colt m4 guards were super tight. they might have had some movement like you're describing but it was very minimal.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 1:47:15 PM EDT
Not unusual, and not harmful to anything. However, if it bugs you, pull the HGs, and put a dabb of epoxy filler in the corner of one of the slots at the front of the HG. That should stop the rotation.[:D]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:33:34 PM EDT
Try a little JB weld.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:55:41 PM EDT
Get a FF RAS... no lateral movement. [;)]
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 4:17:28 AM EDT
You can also try some small pieces of bicycle tire inner tube rubber in the HG cap area. Add the rubber then install the HG's. All of my Bushy M4 handguards were exceptionally tight, one pair of Colt M4's had the same movement you describe and the inner tube was a quick fix...
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:47:43 AM EDT
I have a colt m4... it is normal to have side to side play
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:13:31 AM EDT
Top Top