Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/16/2003 1:22:39 PM EDT
I just went to a local gun show today and picked up 1 Labelle and 1 Sanchez USGI mags for $17 and $18 respectively. They are both manufacture year 1989. I am new to ARs, as I only have one and these are my first mags. Did I get a good deal or did I get ripped? Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 1:44:28 PM EDT
If new, or nearly so, slightly on the bargain side; by a few bucks. If used but not beat up, about right. Anything less than that in condition, you decide[:D]
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 1:47:30 PM EDT
Well they were NIW. I assume this would make them a deal then?
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 3:49:37 PM EDT
Yes that is a pretty good price for NIW mags at the present time.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 3:57:06 PM EDT
What would be the normal going rate for mags like these? I ask because these are nice and I would like to order some from either people on the EE or in my town and I want to know when I come across a deal. Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:13:47 PM EDT
The area you live in really dictates the price for mags, unless buying on the internet. The last time I checked NIW mags would go for around $25 each in most places. Some regions of the country they can be as high as $40-$50 each. Obvioulsy that is a ridiculous price but there are some people who pay them. I buy all my mags at the local gunshow and usualy I can find mags in 90% or better condition for $10-$15. There are guys who will ask more for them, but I have reached a point where I won't pay more then that. I personally won't pay more just to have a mag in plastic but if I found them at the price you did, I would consider it even with the end of the ban so close. I bet you wish they had more of then just two of them. [;)]
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:20:25 PM EDT
Thats a great deal for NIW USGI mags
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:28:39 PM EDT
Yeah I wish I had gottne more. But for now I guess they will have to do. Like you said, maybe after the ban sunsets there will be an lowering of price all over the country and regional-specific prices like the ones you speak of will disappear. But a quick question, if the ban sunsets, will current LEO mags be available to the public? Just curious.
Top Top