Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/2/2003 4:28:31 PM EDT
Well my upper from Bushmaster has finaly arrived. 16" M4A3 patrolmens barrel 1/9 with M4 handguards. She's a Beaut! I now have a complete AR rifle. It took about Four or Five weeks and from what I've been reading on here I guess thats not to bad.
My question is this, I heard a rumor that keeping a gun in an eggcrate lined case would or could cause Rust, is this true? I wrapped it in the plastic bubblewrap it came in before putting it in the case until I could Talk to you guys.

Thanks for all the advice, Past and Present.

SILAS
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:11:55 PM EDT
Depending on your local climate, the typical open cell foam found in most cases can absorb moisture... It also has a habit of absorbing the CLP you've so lovingly applied to your AR, leaving it dry... A simple fix is to check out the local arts and crafts stores for closed cell foam. Closed cell is what is used in Pelican and Starlight cases... I found several 4'x8'x4" pieces of closed cell for just a few dollars locally... Enjoy the new rifle...
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:15:48 PM EDT
I have both kinds of cases and store my rifles in both, room temp is about 75degrees and A/C runs ALL the time, i threw in a couple desecant paks and i dont latch the lid , i let the rifle hold it up some , been doin this for years with out a speck of rust. really depends on environment i suppose.
Top Top