Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2003 6:04:12 AM EDT
A quick question for you pro's...if i am aiming the rifle, which direction do the roll pins drive out???? Towards the left??? I am putting my DCM legal free float tube on this afternoon when i get home :):):)
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:09:57 AM EDT
Small side drives in, the pins are tapered.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:36:34 AM EDT
99% of the time you will drive the pin FROM the left side TOWARDS the right side (the right being the ejection port side) This is how my Bushmaster was and I have seen the same question answered the same way before. you will need a good punch and I used a small hammeralmost like a Peen hammer. IMO a nailing hammer is too much for gunsmithing and too clumsy. Do yourself a favor (if you havnt already) get the right tools first. I have heard brass punches are very good for gunsmithing due to he metal to metal contact. (plus brass will leave a little brass where you hit it put it will wipe off)
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:49:16 AM EDT
THANKS. I agree with you on getting the right tools, but money says use the hammer already at the house. oh well. I think I will get it done. I do at least have a punch. The UPS man had better have run by the time I get home.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:56:00 AM EDT
Actually the BFH may work better since it takes a lot to get them out. I just did not know where my hammer was so I bought a smaller one when I bought the punches. I bought the Craftsman one so that when I flatten them I can take them back. hee hee. Good luck with it and give em hell cuse they are a b1tch.
Top Top