Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2003 9:37:47 AM EDT
Does anyone have any thoughts on this new rifle? Im thinking of ordering one, but wanted to see what others thought of it first.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:47:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/24/2003 9:49:07 AM EDT by mr_wilson]
[img]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/Images/pcwvml16f.jpg[/img] Nice looking rifle, and it's a Bushmaster so chances are it's high quality rifle too, but for the price they are asking, I could go to the Equipment Exchange and between Legal Transfers, CMMG, MSTN, Sableco and others probably build 2 rifles, for that much. $1650.000/2 = $825, yep I believe that's do-able. Mike
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 11:19:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/24/2003 2:42:58 PM EDT by Fenian]
Nice rifle...but mr_wilson is correct...you could do all that yourself for less money, even witht the fluted barrel and all the other stuff. I put together something similar; I'm not done yet, but even with an Aimpoint, the new Aetec, bipod, #38, vertical grip and bipod, I'm no where near that price. What I can't tell from the pic is what kind of barrel that is...how much it would cost. Here's what I've got in mine so far: Model 1 16" CAR Kit: $400 vLTOR Stock: 119 # 38 used 115 Liberator II h/gs 125 Eagle Lower 100 Aetec Scope 140 Aimpoint Comp C 270 Arms # 22 95 Harris bipod 50 Bipod adaptor 18 TOTAL $1432 Some of those prices are with dealer discounts from either Midway or Brownell's...which anyone with a C&R can get...saves you about 50 or 60 bucks. If you keep the A2 stock, you save over $100. With this setup, you can go from red dot to scope to CQB to bench in short order, all with either thumb screws or throw levers. You could do this with any kit, the crucial part is getting a barrel with no muzzle brake so you can put your own float tub/rail system on, and save the gunsmithing dollars, and on the price of the handguards, if you use the FIRSH or the LIB II like I did. If you get the removable gas block, then you need to get a flip up sight, which will add to the overall cost, but still less than what they want for that rifle, AND you can spread the cost of the accessories out over time. Also, if you think you'll ever be bench shooting, the ACE buttstock is a pain...don't get me wrong, it's a VERY nice, well built stock...I've got one on my M4gery, but it's not good off the bench....you can see why. The VLTOR, on the other hand, is great off the bench, if you get the rifle clubfoot model. BTW, with the difference left over, you could buy another COMPLETE lower...so even WITH all the stuff I've listed, you're getting 1 1/2 rifles....or you could upgrade the scope, or...well, you get the idea [:D] I'll post a pic when I get home...can't find the updated one I *thought* I sent to my web host. ok...here's the pic: [img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/188491/modular1.jpg[/img] Shown with the Tasco Propoint3...a fine red dot...I just want the Aimpoint for "the look". That's about $1250 for everything pictured there...and the only thing I had to do was unbarrel it, put the handguards on, then rebarrel it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 11:38:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/24/2003 11:41:11 AM EDT by Ridge]
Feel free to correct any prices, I'm doing this off the top of my head. Forged lower-$100.00 Parts kit-$60.00 ACE stock-$124.00 Bushmaster fluted barrel Assembly-$260.00 Flattop upper-$100 Bolt-$100 Charging handle-$15.00 BMAS handguard-$200.00 Flipup front sight-$100 Flipup rear sight-$75.00 Ergogrip-$25.00 Panels-$30.00 Roughly $1200.00 to build something very similar(not totally bushmaster). Might not be too bad of a deal if your dealer can give you a better price and your not set up or want to build. It's a nice looking AR.
Top Top