Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2003 2:16:00 AM EDT
Who makes a decent 2-stage trigger for the large pivot pin SP1?  I like the RRA 2-stage I have on another AR, but don't know if they will work on the large pin SP1.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 2:33:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure, but i think they have or are going to release a large pin version of their two stage trigger.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 2:33:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I beleive i had a RRA work on my SP1. Don't SP1's use standard takedown pins?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 3:03:16 AM EDT
[#3]
NAM's right, aren't the trigger pins standard size on the SP-1?  Only the front pivot is nonstandard.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 3:12:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm almost sure that I have heard or read that they won't work on a large pin.  Didn't make real sense to me either, but that's why I'm checking it out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:16:01 AM EDT
[#5]
COLT SP-1 used standard size trigger/hammer pins.

Only the front take-down pin is oversize.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Gecko, the above is right. If someone tells you a standard size trigger won't work in your SP1, I'd question their knowledge.

Link Posted: 7/22/2003 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Gecko, the above is right. If someone tells you a standard size trigger won't work in your SP1, I'd question their knowledge.

View Quote

Boy, are you diplomatic.  I'd simply tell'em they didn't know a damn thing about ARs and please go play with your AKs now. [:D]

As several others have posted, the ONLY thing different about the innards of an SP1 is the size of the front hinge screw hole.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top