Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/15/2003 9:28:26 PM EDT
Ok, After a few days thinking about it, i have decided to buy my first AR whole, instead o building it. The prices i see for what i want, it is basicly the same give or take 10 bucks. Since it will be my first, i dont want to risk the chance or screwing up the lower build. I still plan to by 1 mega/stinger lower for the furture.

The gun I am looking at is the Panther 16" M-4 post ban w/ Miculek comp.

features are .223 cal
16" 4140 Chromo-moly barrel with releif
Detatchable carry handle

Cost is about 744 for the riffle with comes with 2 10 round mags, sling, and cleaning kit.

This is brand new. I plan on getting a padded hard case and 2 30 round mags aswell.

Would this be considered a good deal???
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:57:11 PM EDT
I have this same rifle except I use a Eagle case ( has extra magazine storage) it is a very good shooter and light weight. VERY GOOD DEAL!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:20:08 PM EDT
I PUT MY 20" VARMIT BARELLED DPMS TOGETHER FOR $680 +/- BY PIECING IT TOGETHER. I PAYED $230 FOR THE UNASSEMLED LOWER AND I PAID $450 FOR THE COMPLETE UPPER NEW IN THE BOX. OVER ALL I SAVED #300+ ON THE WHOLE PACKAGE. IF YOU PIECE IT TOGETHER YOU SAVE 11% RIGHT OFF OF THE TOP.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:27:25 PM EDT
A base panther 16" flat-top goes for around $680. I think you have a decent deal. I would ditch the brake. Muzzle brakes are useless on a .223. Your benefits: ringing ears and irritated bystanders at the local range.
Top Top