Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2003 9:28:26 PM EDT
Ok, After a few days thinking about it, i have decided to buy my first AR whole, instead o building it.  The prices i see for what i want, it is basicly the same give or take 10 bucks.  Since it will be my first, i dont want to risk the chance or screwing up the lower build.  I still plan to by 1 mega/stinger lower for the furture.  

The gun I am looking at is the Panther 16" M-4 post ban w/ Miculek comp.  

features are .223 cal
16" 4140 Chromo-moly barrel with releif
Detatchable carry handle

Cost is about 744 for the riffle with comes with 2 10 round mags, sling, and cleaning kit.

This is brand new.  I plan on getting a padded hard case and 2 30 round mags aswell.  

Would this be considered a good deal???
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have this same rifle except I use a Eagle case ( has extra magazine storage)

it is a very good shooter and light weight.
VERY GOOD DEAL!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I PUT MY 20" VARMIT BARELLED DPMS TOGETHER FOR  $680 +/- BY PIECING IT TOGETHER.  I PAYED $230 FOR THE UNASSEMLED LOWER AND I PAID $450 FOR THE COMPLETE UPPER NEW IN THE BOX.  OVER ALL I SAVED #300+ ON THE WHOLE PACKAGE.  IF YOU PIECE IT TOGETHER YOU SAVE 11% RIGHT OFF OF THE TOP.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
A base panther 16" flat-top goes for around $680. I think you have a decent deal.

I would ditch the brake.
Muzzle brakes are useless on a .223.

Your benefits: ringing ears and irritated bystanders at the local range.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top