Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/18/2003 9:22:47 AM EDT
My cuurent AR collection does not include a Bushmaster, not for any particular reason. Just got back from a local gun show and was talking to a guy who just bought one brand new for around $950. I have never in my life seen a worse upper/lower receiver fit. It doesn't appear to be the point of dangerous but it was loose and I mean lose. The takedown pis were super tight. Otherwise a really nice looking rifle. Is this common of Bushmaster or something wrong with this rifle? Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:32:41 AM EDT
No, it's not common but it does happen. I was in a local gun shop and the guy kept telling me he had a "killer" deal on a Bushmaster 16" so I asked to see it. It was a Shorty 16" and the fit was horrible. On top of that it had scratches and dings all over. I looked like it had been thrown out a car window at 65MPH. I honestly believe this left the factory as beautiful, tight rifle but was damaged in shipping or handling somewhere along the way. I would bet that is what happened to the one you saw.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:43:11 AM EDT
My Bushmaster upper/lower receiver is very tight and they few other Bushmasters I've handled were tight also. It must be just that rifle.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:54:30 AM EDT
My bushy fits very tightly.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:47:16 PM EDT
Another tight Bushy owner sounding off.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:27:30 PM EDT
My current Bushmaster upper lower fit is so tight there is ZERO play and I mean none. It can still be seperated by hand but its not easy. A bullet tip makes it simple though. My previous BUshmaster had some play... about average I'd say.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 2:36:06 PM EDT
I'd avoid this deal - unless it's cheap.... I mean REALLY cheap.... almost free.......
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:00:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/18/2003 4:07:28 PM EDT by TitaniumT]
My Bushmaster has a very tight fit. Literally a "hair" of play. A few I saw in various gun stores were quite a bit looser. You could get a couple of them to rattle as was also the case with the handguards. TT
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:05:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By montanaman: I'd avoid this deal - unless it's cheap.... I mean REALLY cheap.... almost free.......
View Quote
Oh I wasn't buying it, a guy who knew me knew i am an AR guy and asked me if I had ever seen that. I thought that would be bizzare for Bushmaster, this was just too nice a rifle to have that slop. I'm wondering if the guy who bought it (he bought it at the last show couple months back) hadn't done something awful to it with a pick axe and sledge hammer to "clean it" Glad to know because I was planning on using a Bushy lower for my next buildup, despite all the hatemail they've been getting here. Question is, can I actually wait until next September to build it the way it was meant to be built or do I get antsy and get it done for Summer....damn I hate these decisions.
Top Top