Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 8:29:24 AM EDT
When i bought my SIR for my M4 it didnt come with the loctite,SO i need to go buy some but dont know which one.

Does anyone know exactly which loctite to buy?I went to their website and theres like 912849127210321 kinds.

Thnx
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:54:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Ya know what I did, I swiped a bottle of clear fingernail polish from the "boss" and the slotted nuts are still there, works just as well if ya tighten them good the first time.

Mike

PS - don't get caught steal the little womans polish......[BD]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Blue label Loctite is what you're supposed to use.  Red is probably a little too permanent unless you use a very small amount of it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Blue loctite is available at Home Depot.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I installed my ARMS SIR #45 without using the loctite that was included.  I didn't really see a need for it.  First off, do I need it?  If so, where do I need to put it?  The directions weren't too clear.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I installed my ARMS SIR #45 without using the loctite that was included.  I didn't really see a need for it.  First off, do I need it?  If so, where do I need to put it?  The directions weren't too clear.
View Quote

I placed some ?(see above) on all the threads for the slotted nuts which attach SIR to the flat-top, as they are the ones most likely to adios while shooting and not be noticed till your back home.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I placed some ?(see above) on all the threads for the slotted nuts which attach SIR to the flat-top, as they are the ones most likely to adios while shooting and not be noticed till your back home.

Mike
View Quote

Gotcha.  Thanks Mike. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Mike
View Quote

I wanted to add .... I had to loctite the screws for the yoke too.

One of my soldiers loosened them up with about 250+ rounds at our last M16 range.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Blue loosened for me. Had to use Red 271. It's removable without heat.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, Blue in copious quanties on each bolt or a little Red 271. I lost one of my nuts on a long day of shooting. No, not my nuts, the slotted on on the ARMS. LOL!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top