Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/16/2003 8:29:24 AM EDT
When i bought my SIR for my M4 it didnt come with the loctite,SO i need to go buy some but dont know which one.

Does anyone know exactly which loctite to buy?I went to their website and theres like 912849127210321 kinds.

Thnx
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:54:49 AM EDT
Ya know what I did, I swiped a bottle of clear fingernail polish from the "boss" and the slotted nuts are still there, works just as well if ya tighten them good the first time. Mike PS - don't get caught steal the little womans polish......[BD]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:34:36 AM EDT
Blue label Loctite is what you're supposed to use. Red is probably a little too permanent unless you use a very small amount of it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:47:01 AM EDT
Blue loctite is available at Home Depot.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:48:42 AM EDT
I installed my ARMS SIR #45 without using the loctite that was included. I didn't really see a need for it. First off, do I need it? If so, where do I need to put it? The directions weren't too clear.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 10:57:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/16/2003 10:58:26 AM EDT by mr_wilson]
Originally Posted By MarineNP: I installed my ARMS SIR #45 without using the loctite that was included. I didn't really see a need for it. First off, do I need it? If so, where do I need to put it? The directions weren't too clear.
View Quote
I placed some ?(see above) on all the threads for the slotted nuts which attach SIR to the flat-top, as they are the ones most likely to adios while shooting and not be noticed till your back home. Mike
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:35:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mr_wilson:
Originally Posted By MarineNP: I installed my ARMS SIR #45 without using the loctite that was included. I didn't really see a need for it. First off, do I need it? If so, where do I need to put it? The directions weren't too clear.
View Quote
I placed some ?(see above) on all the threads for the slotted nuts which attach SIR to the flat-top, as they are the ones most likely to adios while shooting and not be noticed till your back home. Mike
View Quote
Gotcha. Thanks Mike. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:38:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By mr_wilson:
View Quote
View Quote
I wanted to add .... I had to loctite the screws for the yoke too. One of my soldiers loosened them up with about 250+ rounds at our last M16 range. Chris
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:58:28 PM EDT
Blue loosened for me. Had to use Red 271. It's removable without heat.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:52:04 PM EDT
Yep, Blue in copious quanties on each bolt or a little Red 271. I lost one of my nuts on a long day of shooting. No, not my nuts, the slotted on on the ARMS. LOL!
Top Top