Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2002 12:07:55 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with pre-ban, pre-Armalite Eagle Arms ARs?  I'm looking at a pre-ban Eagle CAR for about $1000.
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
If it has a white eagle on the front of the magazine well, it's factory assembled. If not, check the serial numbers out on the Armalite site. No all serial numbers are in sequence, since quite of few of the unassembled lowers with serial numbers that would lead one to believe they were Pre-ban, are not. They were out to subcontractors and not returned before the 94 Ban took place.
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two Eagle Pre-Bans, a H-Bar and Carbine.  The carbine had some crappy feed ramp machining and ran fine once that was cleaned up.  The H-Bar has always been reliable.  Both were outstanding in quality.  In fact I sold some Colts to buy them (wish I had found some other way to fund that purchase).  The buttstock on the Carbine was a crappy aluminum knock off and was replaced with a Colt unit.  That'd be about my only complaint on that gun.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 1:04:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Just make sure it's an EAGLE ARMS lower and not an ESSENTIAL ARMS lower.

I have seen mor than one pig sticking rip-off mofo try and pass of an Essential Arms AR as an Eagle Arms AR.

Link Posted: 11/10/2002 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I just recently purchased an Eagle Arms Preban for around that price. The quality of the rifle seems to be great. Just this past week I received an M4A3 upper from Bushmaster. I have not had a chance to make it to the range yet, but as far as the fit, there is absolutly no play between the upper and lower.

The original configuration was an A2 upper with a really heavy stainless steel barrel set up for DCM competition. As far as function goes, I have never had a problem with the rifle.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Had one, sold it for $1200. It was nice, but I hated the collapsible stock ,shorty handguards, didn't need the bayo lug...

Save your bling bling until the ban sunsets. You'll be able to pick up ANY rifle and get your bayonette lug at that time...
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 7:17:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If it has a white eagle on the front of the magazine well, it's factory assembled.  

Has Eagle always used this stamp?  This one's not marked "Eagle Arms, Div of ArmaLite, Geneseo, IL"  It's one of the old "Coal Valley, IL" Eagles.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If it has a white eagle on the front of the magazine well, it's factory assembled.  

Has Eagle always used this stamp?  This one's not marked "Eagle Arms, Div of ArmaLite, Geneseo, IL"  It's one of the old "Coal Valley, IL" Eagles.

This is one for the industry forum!
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is one for the industry forum!

Both of my Eagles from the Coal Valley factory are very definetly pre-ban, and they dont have the eagle marking on the front of the mag well.  That came sometime later.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top