Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/26/2002 10:04:34 AM EDT
I found a lower receaver in a pown shop where the guy tryed to acid bath it for some reason and it ate it down to the metal. you can still see the colt and the ser# The finish only came off here and there. Looks like hell. he only wonts 60$ for it and I think its pre ban. What can I do If any thing ?
  The finish looked to be about a 1/16" thick does this sound right?
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 10:23:48 AM EDT
[#1]
You can not legally turn it into a complete pre ban if it never was one in the first place.

Why don't you let us know what pawn shop it is in what town and I will take care of it for you.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought all colts were preban because none left the factory as lowers only.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#3]
If it says "COLT AR-15" on the left side of the mag well, buy it, and run like "son of bi$%ch", and keep going. You can have refinished if you prefer.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
What about that melt down recycling thing where they make a new lower outa yours. Does any one do that to Colts ? With the old ser# back on it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top