Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I got my As Needed prescriptions in the mail today.
Hopefully they'll last me until next year.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 4:33:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you okay, brother?
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 82ND-ABN:
Are you okay, brother?
View Quote
My chest X-Rays were normal.

My knees hurt as nearly All Paratroopers knees do.
And my attitude is almost a rotten as the Biden Misadministration.

So taking in it's been 40 years and 8 months since I got out, I'm in as good shape as it is reasonably possible.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Free Flu shots next month
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll elaborate tomorrow what an undeniable shitshow  my nearest VA facility is. The wife wants to watch a movie RFN, and after 24 years with this Mrs, it's a battle I don't want tonight.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got the Influenza shot
What a difference from last year!

Because of the Wuhan-Whoopee they made us Veterans stay in our cars.
The line of cars waiting was seriously long.
After I Got Mine the line of cars was even longer.
Today I am glad to say that Common Sense nearly showed up.
 Almost: They still asked the idiotic questions if I was anywhere near somebody with the Beer-Bug, etc.

The entire trip inside lasted maybe an entire minute.

Major change with the weather, too.  Last year nice and sunny, This year Major Overcast.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#7]

I was hoping my Dear Ol' VA Doc would be nice and give me the Medical Exemption for the Wuhan-Whoopee.
He declined.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:

I was hoping my Dear Ol' VA Doc would be nice and give me the Medical Exemption for the Wuhan-Whoopee.
He declined.
View Quote

Yeah, at the VAMC I work at, providers were told to make sure that any exemptions were "evidenced in the chart by real contraindications". A Vet on my caseload was pissed because a doc refused to exempt him for PTSD. Apparently, the Vet then responded with some description of the ways that getting vaccinated would exacerbate his symptoms and that it would prevent him from seeking gainful employment. It really sounded like he was trying to set the stage for an employability claim, though, this 80% service connected Vet hasn't worked in close to a decade.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#9]

I had an appointment with Optometrist Friday.
Had.
Completely forgot.

I'll try to reschedule Monday.....
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Podiatry appointment the 20th to see how the orthotics are working out.

Doc wants to do surgery to fuse my big toes.  I had surgery on both feet my last year in which didn't work, so I'm happy with the carbon fiber plates and orthotics.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#11]

I just got the bill in for All the Prescriptions I was given this past year:

$30.00

I wonder if I can afford it.....
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I just found this thread

I'll be patronizing the VA soon and I'm glad to have read about your experiences.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry I didn't do this sooner.
Just too tired.

Anyway.....

Appointment: 0800
So I arrived ≈0745
...And lightly snowing.

Attachment Attached File

Most of the inside has already been pictured.
Different location from two years (!) ago.  Different eye Doc and less than half an hour drive now, down from nearly an hour before.

The only difference is this iMac where he put the letters for me to attempt to read...:

Attachment Attached File

OK, Right (rifle) Eye Good!

Left (Pistol) Eye not good....

I might be having a cataract problem.
Instant replay to when My Mother was alive and she had the surgery.  Nice multi hour wait on her.
Twice.  One for each eye.

Well, now I know why my aim has been off lately.
A new pair of glasses for now, check back in August for further discussions about the cataract surgery...

As I was leaving I saw another Vet get clued in about cataract surgery...
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#14]
The next set of glasses came in the mail yesterday.
I'll be getting them fitted tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#15]
They got fitted very nicely today.
Anybody reading from the beginning will recall it took 3 tries last time before the glasses got comfortable.
At the moment they are comfy.

Any others want to tell their stories
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Don't give up your private insurance until you have played the game at least 2 years, then update us. Unless everything is service related they won't touch it.  And the Pharmacy runs the place, no matter what the Dr. orders.

Hope you have a good one because ours sucks big time.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 6:27:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By usmcmp:
Don't give up your private insurance until you have played the game at least 2 years, then update us. Unless everything is service related they won't touch it.  And the Pharmacy runs the place, no matter what the Dr. orders.

Hope you have a good one because ours sucks big time.
View Quote

The insurance piece is going to depend heavily on service connected percentage. Priority Group 1 vets get the whole package (100% SCD). If you're 50% or more but not 100% , Priority Group  2. You get everything but dental for any illness, though, there are times when there is an availability limit but it super rare.

Then again, not all VAMCs are created equal and I have heard some really are hard to get care from.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#18]
They wanted a survey, they got a survey:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Regular Scheduled appointment in two months.
I hope I don't forget it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 8:26:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm actually posting this from the VA... 2x  in 2 days. My throat hurts so bad I can't eat. Instead of using a little common sense, having covid swabbed me yesterday, and just letting me see a doc, they're swabbing me again.

Fun fact. VA wifi blocks ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Homesteader375:
I'm actually posting this from the VA... 2x  in 2 days. My throat hurts so bad I can't eat. Instead of using a little common sense, having covid swabbed me yesterday, and just letting me see a doc, they're swabbing me again.

View Quote
My Local VA Clinic doesn't have Wi-Fi.
iPad set to receive 30 Gb of data per month.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Homesteader375:

View Quote
I don't know if my local CBOC has WIFI or not, I've never looked. I do know that ARFCOM is NOT blocked by the VA WIFI at the Harry S Truman Hospital in Columbia, MO. I surf ARCOM and other gun related forums all the time on the VA WIFI network while in the waiting room.

Concerning insurance:

The VA will tell you to keep any other health insurance you currently have no matter what your rating is. I am rated at 70% UI and have all the same benefits and coverage as someone rated at 100%. I still have to keep my Medicare coverage. That is per both the VA and Medicare.

And yes it is nice having the dental coverage and eye care through the VA. I've had to have quite a bit if dental work done, most at private dental offices, and the VA has covered everything 100%.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By chumpmiester:
I don't know if my local CBOC has WIFI or not, I've never looked. I do know that ARFCOM is NOT blocked by the VA WIFI at the Harry S Truman Hospital in Columbia, MO. I surf ARCOM and other gun related forums all the time on the VA WIFI network while in the waiting room.

Concerning insurance:

The VA will tell you to keep any other health insurance you currently have no matter what your rating is. I am rated at 70% UI and have all the same benefits and coverage as someone rated at 100%. I still have to keep my Medicare coverage. That is per both the VA and Medicare.

And yes it is nice having the dental coverage and eye care through the VA. I've had to have quite a bit if dental work done, most at private dental offices, and the VA has covered everything 100%.
View Quote

Must
be just the local VA system blocking ARFCOM. I was perplexed at first, but figured out that I could access a whole lot of other sites but never ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Doctor visit next week so blood taken today.

One of these days I'm going to show up and it will be sunny and warm and nice.  At least half an inch of rain came last night.
Attachment Attached File

They are Finally no longer asking if you have any Shanghai Shivers  symptoms at this desk.
You still need to wear the mask.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Epilogue for today: When I went this morning the sky was overcast and the temps in the low 60's.
As I type this there are fair weather clouds in the skies and the temps in the mid 70's
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:40:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GiggleSmith] [#26]
One of these days.....One of these days I'm going to show up for an appointment  and the weather will be sunny and the temps in the low to mid 80's.

61 degrees and Solid overcast.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/20/2022 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#27]
On Saturday I got the Bill for a Prescription The VA Doc ordered for me.

Another $15.00 check has just been printed and will be mailed Tuesday (tomorrow).
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#28]

I got a letter from the VA.
Apparently I'm doing so well they are going to be charging me for any and every prescription medication I get.

Dunno about any doctor fees and visits...

...We'll find out....
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 5:37:08 AM EDT
[#29]

I got a letter from the VA.
Apparently I'm doing so well they are going to be charging me for any and every prescription medication I get.

Dunno about any doctor fees and visits...

...We'll find out....
View Quote

Hmm. Were you expecting this? I know that they have been waiving fees for a while. Depending on your priority group and income this might be further waivable.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#30]
I just dialed up a prescription refill.
Now taking bets as to

A) When it will come in.
B) How much it will cost me
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:45:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Prescription came in todays mail.

Now wondering upon the check I have to make out to the VA.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#32]
The Prescription's bill came in yesterday.
As approximately advertised, the bill was for $15.00.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Shit drives me crazy. Would you say "The Veterans Affairs" - its just VA = Veterans Affairs.

Stems from late 80s when it was changed from "The Veterans Administration" to a cabinet level position.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:
Shit drives me crazy. Would you say "The Veterans Affairs" - its just VA = Veterans Affairs.

Stems from late 80s when it was changed from "The Veterans Administration" to a cabinet level position.
View Quote

I mean, if we're splitting hairs, it's The U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs, with two distinct administrations, The Veterans Health Administration and The Veterans Benefits Administration. It's fine to call it "The VA".
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#35]
........Which reminds me......

I'll probably be getting cataract surgery either next year or the next.

Rifle Eye: Right Eye: Just Fine....
Pistol Eye: Left Eye: Where did the eye chart go to?

PS: I'm doing so well I got charged $50 for the visit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Forgot to mention:

Remember this?
They aren't used any more.
Pity, those machines made A Lot of Sense.  Put your card in the reader and you're in.

Go to the Receptionists behind glass windows to announce yourself.
At least they stopped checking for the Wuhan Whoopee; still gotta wear the masks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:59:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Forgot to mention:

Remember this?
They aren't used any more.
Pity, those machines made A Lot of Sense.  Put your card in the reader and you're in.

Go to the Receptionists behind glass windows to announce yourself.
At least they stopped checking for the Wuhan Whoopee; still gotta wear the masks.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/40561/Check_In_jpg-2067998.JPG
View Quote

We still use the kiosk for check in here. The pity is you can no longer do a travel claim on them. You have to use the clunky ass BTSSS system. That thing is a nightmare.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:53:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Just found this thread.  My wife and I are both veterans and she has numerous health issues.  We (mostly her) have been using VA care for many years.  I have found that many of the doctors, pharmacists, etc that are the tip of the spear so to speak are really top notch people.  I know a doc and a nurse that work at the local VA in the ER clinic that are both former Army special forces docs/medics.  I would hope to end up in their care if faced with a serious injury.  I also know that the administration and general .gov lack of efficiency are a problem as is the serious understaffing.  Our cost of living here was high before the pandemic migration and it's skyrocketed since which means that the pay here really isn't commensurate with the cost of housing so they can't hire. Uncle Sam pays more through locality adjustments in parts of the country that are far less expensive so nobody applies here. Last I looked there were over 150 job openings at our relatively small hospital.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Just keeping Thread alive
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 5:58:49 AM EDT
[#40]
VA threads never die, they just sit there waiting for a rating decision FOREVER.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#41]
I just spent most of yesterday at the VA hostile getting scoped on both ends.

Had had several small polyps removed the VA is setting up for me to go across the street to the University of Missouri Hospital to get a large polyp removed. My stomach issues have also gotten worse too.

Now I just have to wait for pathology reports and see what my primary care doctor is going to do. I also found out that some of my medicine could very well be making my stomach issues and acid reflux worse and also causing and/or aggravating my periodontal issues too.

I went to see my VA dentist last week and they are sending me to outside dentists for more dental work.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Last Saturday I ordered new Cholesterol pills.
They came in Thursday.
Now waiting on the bill.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Next appointment in only a few more weeks.
Yay me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Still gotta wear those masks

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 8:35:57 AM EDT
[#45]
I'll be glad when those desks are gone.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Nice and dreary, rain instead of snow, temperature high 50's instead of high 20's.
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Like the shirt

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#48]
The rain hath stopped.....

For now:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 8:32:42 AM EDT
[#49]
The Sun is trying to shine!
Hardly any clouds for once

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#50]
43 degrees outside, but Everything is DRY!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top