Posted: 1/23/2012 4:34:11 PM EDT
| I've been out for a long while . In today's Army what is a 19 Delta ? |
|
Quoted: Armored Recon Specialist AKA Scout. The badass crazy fuckers of the armored warfare world. They get to do the funnest shit in the armored warfare world. A close second would be dismounts for guys who get to do fun shit I was a medic for both and thought scouts did the higher speed stuff. Things may be different now and experiences may differ depending on batt or troop.I've been out for a long while . In today's Army what is a 19 Delta ? |
| 19D was a Cav Scout in my day, maybe it still is. Our scouts never found the way, and in Iraq were able to get into major trouble a few times and call frantically for help so the tanks could save them. Back then our scouts were mounted on M113A3's, not Bradleys. There was one instance where they were scouting and saw a lone T-72 running away from them. Think back to the scene in the movie "We Were Soldiers" The scouts chased him, he disappeared over a wadi, the scouts followed and the platoon of tanks at the bottom of the wadi lit them up. They just barreled through at high speed and ran away themselves. Luckily no one was hurt and the tank platoon that went to save them killed all the tanks. I would never call a fellow combat arms soldier gay, but retarded? Maybe. |
|
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most 19K's I knew said 19D's were either queer or retarded. Aren't you like a Security Forces airman? ![]() Close, an E-5. We had a bunch of 19K's who were activated from the Nevada Army Guard with us years ago and they all hated the 19D's. We have a bunch of 19D's in the Cav unit at my current base and they seem like ok dudes. More than one of them are ex 19K's and still pissed their tanks were taken away. |
|
Quoted:
LOL...omg, I cant breath..............Quoted:
Armored Recon Specialist AKA Scout. The badass crazy fuckers of the armored warfare world. They get to do the funnest shit in the armored warfare world. A close second would be dismounts for guys who get to do fun shit I was a medic for both and thought scouts did the higher speed stuff. Things may be different now and experiences may differ depending on batt or troop.
I've been out for a long while . In today's Army what is a 19 Delta ?
|
|
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL...omg, I cant breath..............Quoted:
Armored Recon Specialist AKA Scout. The badass crazy fuckers of the armored warfare world. They get to do the funnest shit in the armored warfare world. A close second would be dismounts for guys who get to do fun shit I was a medic for both and thought scouts did the higher speed stuff. Things may be different now and experiences may differ depending on batt or troop.
I've been out for a long while . In today's Army what is a 19 Delta ?
|
|
I was a PL for 11Bs then XO for 19Ds. Here is hte best comparison I'll give: A 19D is a smart, sophisticated man that goes to a steakhouse, orders a chicken caesar salad, fine glass of wine, and has deep meaningful conversation with his wife until they drive home. an 11B is a fucking badass who shows up to the restaurant, orders the biggest steak on the menu (rare or course), drinks nothing but straight whisky, then brings the hot waitress home for a one night stand. |
|
I spent 8 years as an 11B and 15 years as a 19D. I retired as a 19D instructor and NCOIC of the 63 ARCOM Combat marksmanship instructor.
I had PTSD which I see as a mark of honor, I have a serious bullet wound and 5 serious injuries suffered in the field,(changing track, etc). I see my self as a debonaire man of the world, educated, dashing, manly, and a woman magnet. There are some who see me as boorish, loud mouthed, and violent. Frack them. 19D is a tough MOS. In a unit in which the commander knows how to use Scouts it is a dangerous but rewarding job. In a unit where the commander does not know how to use Scouts it is all of that plus it is the detail platoon. Most of the Scouts will be radically ADHD and at home only in the field. In garrison they will be the miscreants who are always in trouble. Your B C and CSM will have to step in and protect you. It is a VERY tight bond, I can got o WTU on any post and yell "Scouts Out" and am immediately accepted by fellow scouts. |
|
They still wish they could be 13F's, though. I mean, really, a FISTer runs around with the grunts, doing everything they do, including patrolling and clearing rooms, but has the ability to bring down steel rain upon the heads of the enemy with the radio he carries with him. A FISTer is what every Cav Scout wishes he were - a grunt in all but name, with the massed firepower of the field artillery, attack aviation, the USAF, and US Navy at his beck and call.
<––––11B turned 13F |
|
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most 19K's I knew said 19D's were either queer or retarded. Aren't you like a Security Forces airman? ![]() Close, an E-5. We had a bunch of 19K's who were activated from the Nevada Army Guard with us years ago and they all hated the 19D's. We have a bunch of 19D's in the Cav unit at my current base and they seem like ok dudes. More than one of them are ex 19K's and still pissed their tanks were taken away. I know those guys. The old 221 Scout Platoon when 221 was a tank unit was a great team. BY FAR the most squared away reserve component platoon I've seen anywhere. |
|
Quoted:
They still wish they could be 13F's, though. I mean, really, a FISTer runs around with the grunts, doing everything they do, including patrolling and clearing rooms, but has the ability to bring down steel rain upon the heads of the enemy with the radio he carries with him. A FISTer is what every Cav Scout wishes he were - a grunt in all but name, with the massed firepower of the field artillery, attack aviation, the USAF, and US Navy at his beck and call. <––––11B turned 13F Funny, we never used 13F in Iraq. We had air support and called in rain on our own. |
|
I called mucho iron down, many fast movers in to help me and units I was near, only had a fister once. I respect Fisters and was assigned as the Fist NCOIC after being a Scout Plt sgt in order to sqare away a promising but non-performing Fist section. Then BN Operations Sgt, Then school unit as the 19D and NCOIC of marksmanship training instructor.
|
| I was a 19K (Tanker). I never had a problem with Scouts. I was friends with several in my Batt. Like several have said already. They did the fun shit. My company was the counter recon company in my Batt. We were always in some shape or form working with them. Got to say though I sure liked my M1A1 HC and miss it everyday. |
|
I enjoyed my time as a Scout. I was on the lighter side of things though. I would hate to break track and the idea of a Bradley scares me....remember, there is a big difference b/w the heavy and light side.
If you want cool guy schools, be an 11B. It is harder getting those schools as a 19D. Again, I loved being a Scout. If I could do it again, I'd have been a Bravo. |
| A scout is what would happen if a drunk infantryman butt-fucked a tanker and then the tanker drank cherry juice during the pregnancy. 9 months late the tanker squirts out a badass mother fucker who at one day old has a cav stache on his lip and spurs on his feet. Fuck all the haters. |
|
Quoted:
A scout is what would happen if a drunk infantryman butt-fucked a tanker and then the tanker drank cherry juice during the pregnancy. 9 months late the tanker squirts out a badass mother fucker who at one day old has a cav stache on his lip and spurs on his feet. Fuck all the haters. How does the cherry juice figure in the mix? |