Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/9/2001 4:08:17 PM EDT
I was doing a traffic stop. Asked driver for her license and registration. Go back to the patrol car to run the name and I start laughing like mad...her first name was "Latrine"! What the hell were her parents thinking? She received a warn and admonish, she's already had a tough life.[whacko]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 4:31:19 PM EDT
funny as hell. was probably a typo at birth, much like Oprah. I was out to lunch with a buddy the other day, had this really hot waitress ...turns out her name was Vienna...like the sausage.... and of course we talk to her about it...turns out she's a vegetarian.... so of course my buddy and I leave the restaurant singing "she don't eat meat but she sure likes the bone." No_Expert
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:39:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 8:24:24 PM EDT
How can anyone do that to their children??? And they say that life in the wilderness can be cruel and unforgiving.......
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:14:26 AM EDT
I see you haven't met Lavoris and Listerene Coleman yet...
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 5:40:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:33:34 AM EDT
I ask everyone to spell their name now. I have seen names as common as Amber spelled a half dozen different ways.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 9:37:49 AM EDT
I was taking a domestic battery report from a very drunken woman one night. Filling out the suspect's info: Me: color eyes? Her: blue Me: color hair? Her: Brown Me: how long is it? Her: That's awful personal, I don't thing he's ever measured it. Me: HIS HAIR! Her: Oh, bout shoulder length.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:38:46 AM EDT
I'm a conservation officer and just for kicks during a slow season I was riding one night with a county deputy. We were going to serve a warrant and the deputy looks at me and says, "Don't laugh at this guys name. He's pretty sensitive about it." I said, "Ok, whatever...what's his name?" He hands me the warrant and right there, in black and white was...A-S-S-H-O-L-E! It was pronounced "uh-shol-ee" His mother ought to be in jail!
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 4:05:11 PM EDT
Met a few "James Bonds". Even a "Marilyn Monroe". But the best one was a kid in Jersey who named his newborn son....Fonzie!! It WAS the seventies! FN
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 5:25:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Waverunner: I was doing a traffic stop. Asked driver for her license and registration. Go back to the patrol car to run the name and I start laughing like mad...her first name was "Latrine"! What the hell were her parents thinking? She received a warn and admonish, she's already had a tough life.[whacko]
View Quote
Not quite as verifiable - but a friend's father worked in a hospital in VA near DC and was involved in processing birth certifiates when he noticed what he assumed to be a rather unfortunate misspelling of the name "Virginia." When he confronted the mother about the "misspelling," however, she did not waver. "No, I know how to spell it, and it's spelled V-a-g-i-n-a. And that's what I want to name her. I just think it sounds nice."
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 3:01:20 AM EDT
Top Top