BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#1]
New guys - Asks about gear

Guys with 5 years-How can I change jobs

Guys with 10 years-Reccomend a good divorce lawyer or mental health professional.

Guys that make it to retirement - Robots, Psycopaths, Unicorns

5 years after retirement - suicide, heart attack, alcoholic

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Several pairs of handcuffs, a good bag and a set of leg irons. the leg irons have been worth their weight in gold many times over the years.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:43:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I know I'm late, but here's stuff that you'll certainly need:

A flashlight. Don't fall for the Streamlight/Surefire hype. There are great alternatives that are cheaper. Acebeam T36 is my go-to, takes 18650 batteries with the included adapter (cheap and great battery vs the Streamlight's proprietary). But do get a TLR1-HL pistol light so you don't have to do the day shift pistol-flashlight dual wield.

Nice pens for yourself, beater BIC pens you give to people to sign because you won't want it back. Zebra F301 is my favorite because it works on tickets and is smooth.

Pocket notepads. I don't use rite in the rain, sometimes it's an issue, but I'm not spending that much on notepads I have to buy myself. If you MUST have notepads, also carry post-its for taking notes to appease people when you know you won't do a report but they really only want to feel listened to. You can still document it in the call notes, just don't do a report.

Beater sunglasses for when you get forced OT from mids onto days. I use Shadyrays though I'm looking for a new company. Unlimited warranty, I said mine were scratched and they sent a new pair.

That Cab Commander bag the other guy linked looks great actually. I've had my 5.11 patrol bag for years and feel too attached to the clutter inside it. I wish I started with the Cab Commander to have prevented my hoarding situation.

If your department allows it get a red dot sight for your pistol when you can. I had to take a class to be able to carry it. A red dot is like having an IRL aimbot, it's awesome and makes it so easy. Academy should get you gud with irons. Holosun 509t is excellent. I much prefer closed emitter because it's easier to clean.

That's all I could think of real quick, most other things you'll figure out as you go.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are working patrol on nights,  or even large events with crowds,  I recommend getting the Guardian shoulder light.  
I have bought them for all of my department and everyone says they like them.
They are useful on traffic stops at night ( where many officers are struck fatally), or if you happen to be in a large crowd and need your other guys to see you from a distance,  this is an easy way to become highly visible. Good luck!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top