Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 2:03:49 PM EDT
How many of us "Public Safety Professionals" are cross trained in other service areas?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:25:57 PM EDT
I am a full time police officer also work part time as a paramedic. I am also trained as a fire fighter and HAZ-MAT tech as well as various rescue specialties. If anyone knows of or works for a agency that uses all three trainings please let me know I would like to find a true "Public Safety" agency. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:43:11 PM EDT
I'm leaning that way also. I work full-time for a college police department and part-time for the city's fire department (I am full-time certified) and regional squad. There are some Public Safety departments in Western Ohio, but none near me. I have not been looking to much though because there is more training I want to get before I leave my current location. Sarge
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:00:45 AM EDT
Not me, but Sunnyvale PD does. Here's the link http://www.ci.sunnyvale.ca.us/human-res/PSO_Lat.htm
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:16:22 AM EDT
Half way through EMT-B as of Saturday. I seem to be smoking the practical, and doing ok in the written. I'd like to get into LEO, but at my age with my back/knees, I'd never pass the physical. I did just beat the training officer at his own PPC course on Sunday though [;)] .
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:28:12 PM EDT
I know Oakwood Police Department is a full public safety department here in Ohio by Dayton
Top Top