Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/30/2003 1:38:53 PM EDT
I am applying for a LEO postion. Next up is the polygraph. What should I expect? How accurate is it? I am a good citizen but not an angel...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:51:57 PM EDT
"Other than what we've previously discussed, have you ever had sex with an animal?" "Other that what we've previously discussed, have you ever hurt someone?" A long, long pre=polygraph interview will be done, with you and the ploygrapher. He/she will ask you a miliion questions, ranging from sexual habits to theft to you name it. Assuming its been a while since you were in the donkey show, you will then take the actual polygraph, and the questions, if you answered any that were questionable at first but later deemed ok, will be structured like the ones above. It's basically a yes or no type of quiz, but the pre-polygraph interview is what can kill ya. Just be honest, and you should have nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:51:33 PM EDT
DO NOT LIE!!!! DO NOT LIE!!!! That is the best advice I can give you. The operator not only watches the test unit, but more than that he watches you and your body language. 99% of the time you can tell if someone is lying without looking at the chart. We use the voice stress analysis instrument for our tests. And above anything they just use good old ivestigative skills at reading people, if you tell someone a machine will be able to determine if they are lying or not, they are much more apt to answer the questions honestly. If you tell the truth they will understand that no one is perfect, but not everyone is a liar. If you tell one lie, your through.
Top Top