Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 2:46:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Oldgold:

I understand that, but why didn't he buy or use a gun he trained on instead of the piece of crap he used? The FBI couldn't even get the scope aligned.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zoinks:
The USMC takes their marksmanship seriously. If you're good, they want you better, so they train unlike the Air Force which is where I served. If you were good, they expected you to maintain or get better all on your own. Totally different outlook.

So, he was quite capable of hitting man-sized targets out to 500 yards with enough consistency to be a Marksman in accordance with Marine standards.

When I used to be a competitive shooter, when new guys showed up to join the club, you could tell who had been in the Marines the first time out. It's that much of a difference.

I understand that, but why didn't he buy or use a gun he trained on instead of the piece of crap he used? The FBI couldn't even get the scope aligned.
You ask a great question, but I can't answer why for the obvious reason that I didn't know the guy, and I'm not being facetious. It is a good question.
I can offer cliche answers that while accurate in a general sense, may not be accurate regarding Oswald.
  1. rifle was very cheap
  2. rifle was purchased outside a system that local police could not check nor monitor, plus purchased in a manner that allows for the use of an alias
  3. military rifles are made to be cheap, easy to learn, easy to practice with (obviously these days with the cost of an M-4 with all its accessories is seriously very expensive compared to an M-3 sub-machine gun, for example)
  4. The Carcano is in 6.5mm, so Oswald was ahead of his time? LOL But, in reality, the Carcano was no worse nor better than most military firearms of the WWI era.
As for the second statement about the FBI, I can't comment directly. No idea what the FBI did, couldn't do etc. I can say that up until the 1994 assualt weapons ban, scopes were pretty crappy. In fact, ammo was pretty crappy, and firearm manufacturing was pretty crappy. That's why people bought European scopes, learned to hand load, and would spend $2000 plus to have a rile turned into a tack driver. That was 30 years ago.
Today, you can purchase cheaper items in any of those categories (excluding shortage/hording conditions) and actually have repeatable scopes, ammunition that has close tolerances, similar weight of charge and projectile etc., and rifles that have much better performance out of the box than pre-1994.
From what I can remember, is that Oswald's first two shots hit, the third shot missed. All shots were under 90 yards, so say 30 yards to 90 yards. The rifle wasn't cased after the shooting; if it was slid or tossed into a hiding spot, I doubt the old scopes could take a knock like that.
BUT, I really have no idea about what the FBI did with the rifle or didn't do besides ballistics.

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 5:52:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I love these new guys who bring up shit we have done to death for years like we are going to hoist them on our shoulders and carry them around like a hero for presenting some unique perspective or some esoteric knowledge that has escaped us lo these many years.

Gtfo outta here with this dumb shit OP.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 6:04:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I had no idea an AR15 was in the car behind Kennedy.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DvlDog:
I love these new guys who bring up shit we have done to death for years like we are going to hoist them on our shoulders and carry them around like a hero for presenting some unique perspective or some esoteric knowledge that has escaped us lo these many years.

Gtfo outta here with this dumb shit OP.
View Quote
Kudos, DvlDog!

That's exactly how History progresses (as in an understanding of what occurred during the "Dark Ages" of European History,) or History is butchered (as in Howard Zinn's "A People's History of the United States.")

With human beings, nothing is really ever settled.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 4:16:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Kudos, DvlDog!

That's exactly how History progresses (as in an understanding of what occurred during the "Dark Ages" of European History,) or History is butchered (as in Howard Zinn's "A People's History of the United States.")

View Quote

You’ve been here long enough to have seen the annual “it was an agent with a new AR from behind” thread. OP brings nothing new to this old shopworn theory. Don’t pretend he did.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#7]

You've been here long enough to have seen the annual "it was an agent with a new AR from behind" thread. OP brings nothing new to this old shopworn theory. Don't pretend he did.
View All Quotes
Kudos, DvlDog!

You've been here long enough to have seen the annual "it was an agent with a new AR from behind" thread. OP brings nothing new to this old shopworn theory. Don't pretend he did.
You're correct in all three of your statements.

So, why bother?

There are pretty lies and ugly truths. Most people are attracted to pretty lies. The beauty of the lie is that it requires almost no knowledge of the subject except for the head line. As most people are attracted to the pretty lie, strength in numbers defends it without actually putting the lie's fact pattern to the test. (in fact, questioning the the Pretty Lie's fact pattern is grounds to attack the questioner ad hominem.)

The Ugly truth on the other hand requires commitment and understanding to be able to defend the fact pattern because the fact pattern will be constantly under attack for a whole host of reasons. The defender (the Apologist) will be personally attacked in hopes of diminishing the argument by association.

On the small scale, we have the Kennedy Assassination with all of its "plot holes," but the fact pattern of Oswald being the assassin of Kennedy has held up over time.

On the grand scale, we have US History attacked and being slowly defeated. The first major blow has been the acceptance of "the People's History of the United States.) It has been showed to be filled with half lies, utter lies, plagiarism, and a whole slew of typical Marxist horse shit. But, the voices to defend US History are becoming more mute to the point that now we have something like the "1619 Project" winning awards, There's very little in that Essay that cannot be shown to be false or inaccurate or simply fabricated.

Just for this thread, RichardM333 (join date 2020; this was his third post since joining) copy/pastes a section of an article. He hasn't returned to defend his post. We can speculate on who he really is all we want, but the history has to be defended otherwise the "attack" wins by default. The end result is the kind of society that the book "1984" describes. Ultimately, those are the stakes.

Link Posted: 12/19/2021 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:
About eight years ago, I met one of the Secret Service agents on duty in Dallas the day Kennedy was shot.
Mike Howard
I sat in his living room (with a friend who is a current USSS) and had a cup of coffee. He told us about LBJ telling him to "go get that woman (Oswalds wife) and take care of her". He and a couple of other USSS agents took Mrs Oswald, his mother and kids and drove them to a hotel near Six Flags where they stayed until they could move them into a safe house.  He believed Oswald acted alone.

He was/is, ranch manager for the Brinker Ranch (Norman Brinker was the guy who founded Chili's and dozens of other restaurant chains)  in McKinney, TX. He built his own private gun range on the property with earth berms better than any commercial gun range in Dallas.

View Quote

Interesting - My Dad was friends with one of the USSS Agents that was on the advance team for Dallas. He was on the detail waiting for Kennedy in Austin at the Municipal Auditorium for a $100 a plate banquet that later that night.

I met him a couple of times and when I found out he was on the advance team, I asked why go through Dealey Plaza? He said he wished he knew who changed the route. Their plan was not to go through that way because the turn was greater than 90 degrees and that was against USSS rules for motorcades.  

He never was committal on LHO being the shooter or not. He did say something cryptic once. It was along the lines of "Say there were 3 separate groups and none of them knew about each other and they wanted to kill someone. Suppose all 3 looked for the best location to kill the person and they all scouted out locations in a certain place and they all came up with the same location."
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#9]
So here's the part OP left out.

The Secret Service Agent who shot Kennedy by accident was Special Agent Richard McCoy Jr.  Two years later he was serving as a Green Beret in Vietnam.

In 1973 he was shot to death by FBI agents.

True facts.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 12:24:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
So here's the part OP left out.

The Secret Service Agent who shot Kennedy by accident was Special Agent Richard McCoy Jr.  Two years later he was serving as a Green Beret in Vietnam.

In 1973 he was shot to death by FBI agents.

True facts.
View Quote
I swear, I really did my best to find a Richard McCoy Jr., that would fit this bill, but this guy was all I could find:
Richard Floyd McCoy, Jr. (December 7, 1942  November 9, 1974) was an American aircraft hijacker.
No connection with the USSS.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 4:55:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Happy New Year!!!!
Here's more for the morass of a specific historical event----

This first story is based on an original essay by a journalist 3 years previous. Both are linked below. First link is short while the second link really weaves a tale pretty well. (Not an endorsement as to it being the one and only truth. Just a well woven tale.)
Please to enjoy.

Lee Harvey Oswald's Last Phone Call

is based on this essay

The Raleigh Call  AND THE Fingerprints of Intelligence

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 7:05:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I always thought the fingerprints of “Intelligence “ was all over this.
I just wish they would release all documents.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:22:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:
What was Elivis's part in all this?
View Quote

Doing promos for Bell Helicopter at LBJ's request...
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:32:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RichardM333:
On the evening of November 21, 1963, several Secret Service agents went out looking for something to eat and drink. Some of them drank a little too much alcohol.
It appears that two of the agents couldn't fulfill their regular duties of riding on the back bumper of the presidential limo as they had in past motorcades. A driver/agent
was assigned to take their place. He was given command of the AR-15, a weapon he never qualified on. As the motorcade traveled through Dealey Plaza, a passing train
set off three railroad torpedoes near the grassy knoll at the worst possible moment. The railroad torpedoes are used as a warning device to warn a train to slow down.
They're spaced 20' feet apart and sound just like a bolt-action rifle being fired three times. They emit a puff of white smoke after they explode.

The driver/agent thought the motorcade was under fire and prepared to return fire. He grabbed the AR-15, safety off, finger on the trigger, when JFK's limo driver braked
for an instant. This caused the followup car to brake, causing the agent to fall back and reflexively grip the weapon and fire three rounds with one trigger pull. The crowd
ran towards the grassy knoll looking for the shooters, but found no evidence of a gun being fired.

When the motorcade arrived at the hospital, the Secret Service called Bobby Kennedy and told him there was an accident. Bobby is the only one who had the authority to order
a coverup. He thought it would be more befitting if it appeared his brother died from an assassin then from an accident.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I always thought the fingerprints of "Intelligence " was all over this.
I just wish they would release all documents.
View Quote
They should just release them all, i agree. I have no idea about if any of the remaining documents have any new information that actually is unknown, but I seriously doubt that anyone of any importance is still alive and involved in any foreign government or even the US Gov't. It's a ridiculous argument to make at this point in time, and it's probably just hiding embarrassing institutional fuck-ups at this point.

Just using what I posted above, it looks like the first article written as the information was released from the 2017 information drop. Any changes from the 2017 drop to the 2021 drop would be small, and I'm ignorant of it.

So, while much is made of the one call wherein Oswald tried to either call back OR call a contact for whom he had two phone numbers (this was the guy that was in the Army during WWII working a counter-intelligence billet; got out due to disabilities and became a alcoholic with mental issues like so many other unfortunate vets), both articles skip the other call Oswald was prevented from making.

That call was to the lawyer for the American Communist Party (CPUSA,) His name was John Abt. That would've been an interesting to call to listen in on, but if the story is true, Authorities didn't allow it to be completed.

The most important job, and maybe the only real job of a patsy, is to not point back to the people who set the patsy up. If Oswald really was a patsy, after he attemped the assassination of that retired flag officer in Louisiana, he should have just been found with two bullets to the back of his head as he was a failure as a patsy be it for the mob or the secret cabal of US intelligence officials.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#16]
There's a new book coming out titled Letter from Oswald, written by Thomas Lipscomb. Here's a blurb about it and an excerpt from it:

• excerpt here Thomas Lipscomb: Hidden In Plain Sight - The Key To The Kennedy Assassination Is On Public Display In The National Archives
    According to the catalog listing of the National Archives in Washington, this is the "Windshield Removed from the Presidential Limousine that Carried President John F. Kennedy During the Assassination." It is still carrying its FBI evidence tab.Attachment Attached File
                But is it?

The Secret Service had the Presidential limousine shipped from Dallas to the White House garage the night of the assassination. Then they sent it to the Ford Factory at River Rouge in Detroit, where it was built, for refitting.

When a senior manager there, George S. Whitaker, came to work two days after the assassination, he was ordered to immediately report to the glass plant lab. He was let in through locked doors and found two of his men had already removed the limousine windshield.

As Whitaker said in a recorded interview: "And the windshield had a bullet hole in it, coming from the outside throughit was a good, clean bullet hole, right straight through, from the front. And you can tell, when the bullet hits the windshield, like when you hit a rock or something, what happens? The back chips out and the front may just have a pinhole in itthis had a clean round hole in the front and fragmentation coming out the back."
    View Quote
    Two paragraph's down from this excerpt is this paragraph:
    Following their orders, Whitaker had his men use the old windshield as a template, create and install a new one, and then once again following orders, they ground up and destroyed the original windshield with the bullet hole in it. The refurbished limousine was then sent back to the Secret Service in Washington.
    View Quote
    No matter what any of us think of the various theories of the assassination, I don't think any of us are going to be surprised that a Fed lab creates evidence or destroys evidence needed in criminal or civil courts be it magnetic tapes getting "de-resed" in a Faraday cage or contamination in a DNA sample after a BS conclusion.
    I don't intend to buy the book myself, but some of you guys may be interested.

Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:52:29 PM EDT
[#17]
This Thomas Limpscomb is really very prolific. Here's another teaser description of his latest from the Emerald Robinson's "The Right Way" substack:

Thomas Lipscomb: The Secrets of the Zapruder Film

Obligatory quote:

There has been a mysterious secret buried within the Zapruder family for half a century. Abraham Zapruder took the famous 26 second home movie of the Kennedy Assassination in Dallas. It contained the entire progress of the assassination, from the first turn of JFK's limo onto Elm Street, through the shootings of President Kennedy and Governor John Connelly, and then the limo's exit through the triple underpass headed for Parkland Hospital with the dying President.

It's often called the "Rosetta Stone" of the JFK assassination since everything is all there in plain sight. It has the potential of making everyone who sees it an eyewitness. So how can there be any Zapruder family secret about it? Yet in her recent book, Twenty-Six Seconds, Zapruder's granddaughter, Alexandra, refers to a 50 year-long taboo within the Zapruder family against even discussing the film.

Alexandra claims not to know what the "taboo" is all about. Her father Henry, an able Washington lawyer, wanted to tell her  but she refused to listen to his story so the secret died with him....
View Quote

I will admit the guy writes as well as any novelist out there, and I believe that's becoming a huge problem with describing History. Pretty lies are easier to take than ugly truths, therefore to most people, pretty lies are preferable. Unfortunately, it's the ugly truths that lead to discovery and understanding, while pretty lies only offer a temporary false comfort.

I'm not really sure what the secret here is. Part of the enjoyment of conspiracy theories, is that you have "knowledge" the rest of us don't have. But, it seems to me that some people over time are suggesting that there are frames of the "zapruder" film missing/edited out in the various investigations.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Happy New Year!!!!
Here's more for the morass of a specific historical event----

This first story is based on an original essay by a journalist 3 years previous. Both are linked below. First link is short while the second link really weaves a tale pretty well. (Not an endorsement as to it being the one and only truth. Just a well woven tale.)
Please to enjoy.

Lee Harvey Oswald's Last Phone Call

is based on this essay

The Raleigh Call  AND THE Fingerprints of Intelligence

View Quote

Long but very interesting.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Long is Correct!!
I fell asleep the first two times I watched it, and this last time, finally made it to the Q&A portion about an hour in. LOL

I didn't know anything about this story line until the start of this thread. But, there are a couple of things I didn't write about in my previous post where I linked the articles. First, what happened to Mrs. Swinney who is central to the action unlike Mrs. Treyon (sp?) who is tangential to the action? Second was I always thought that the telephone numbers are wrong for 1963 a time frame.

I have no idea for my first question. She, Mrs. Swinney, kind of disappears to the story line completely. As for the second question, I finally have an answer with this guy's, Dr. Proctor, video lecture.
I'm old enough to remember when phone numbers were either 4 or 5 numbers long and they had a two-letter prefix. In San Francisco, where I was born, it was 1968 when my Mom sat down 6-7 year old me to memorize our new phone number as well as Grandma's and Grandpa's new phone number. I will assume that all of the regional Bells had to go from the manually switched "Telephone Exchange" to the more automated "Central Office Exchange" by 1968. So, my point is that the form of the telephone numbers given in the phone slip (see below) were incorrect for the time. (BTW, the phone slip was made public in 1968.)

For sure, newly constructed areas would have the newer form of telephone numbers as the Central Exchange Office equipment would be easy to place there. In fact, you could have several central offices housed in the same building because the switching equipment needs less space than switching equipment that people would have to operate manually. (There would be no need to build a large housing for a large number of telephone operators.) I know I'm drawing this out, but the distance between my two Grandmothers in San Francisco was a 10 minute car ride at the most, but in 1964, you had to call up the operator to make the phone connection.

Getting back to the video, I wondered why an old city like Raleigh, NC, already had the new form of telephone numbers. The "phone slip" that gets shown repeatedly is this:
Attachment Attached File

In my mind, this would be the form of the telephone by 1968 for sure, but not 1963. But, I was a kid back then. I do remember the goofy zip code commercials that announced everyone should use the zone improvement plan code when mailing letters. I don't remember too much about phone calls except you always had to talk to the operator for anything and everything, and me and my brothers would get into trouble for screwing around on the phone. Dad had a belt and knew how to use it.

So, the 834-7430 phone number should've had at least two letters leading off to look like this: XX4-7430.

Then Dr. Proctor showed this info that he got from his parents when he asked them to go to a Raleigh City Library:
Attachment Attached File

In the December of 1963 telephone directory, we have 834-7430 listed. In the two previous phone books, we have TE4-7430.  The Best information I could find previously to watching this video was a digital version of a March 1963 newspaper from Raleigh where the phone numbers were a mixture of the older version and the newer version telephone numbers. I also noted that the areas that the telephone prefixes cover were right next to each other with one area directly bordering North of the other central office.

So... to shorten a long story, any telephone number of belonging to a Mr. John David Hurt of Raleigh, NC given to Oswald would have been TE4-7430, IMO, given the time frame when he was alleged to have been in the area (1961) as the new telephone book would've come into effect the following month meaning at least 8 or 9 days after Oswald is killed.

As for the rest of it where they try and make the case that John Hurt was a "cut-out" man for Oswald, there are plot holes here, big ones, and for a lot of reasons. The biggest one is this: a lot of people whom have been called "witnesses" died or disappeared within, easily, a handful of years of the assassination, but John Hurt dies in 1981 of what a coroner would call "natural causes" for a disabled mentally ill alcoholic.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Here's the Zapruder film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqlib47cefM

There's no agent on the back of the President's car until after he's shot. Stop the film at 0:17; to go forward frame-by-frame, press the period; to go backward, press comma.

No AR15 to be seen, either.
View Quote

I've seen that Zapruder film probably 20 times and I just watched it this evening to make sure that I missed the agent on the back of the car at the time of the kill shot......nope didn't see it this time either.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Reload_em:
Back and to the left...

His head went back and to the left, from a shot from above and to the rear...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZq6UOiBu_Y
View Quote

Exit wounds are larger than entrance wounds.  Tissue and fluid being blasted out the large exit wound can easily push a head in the direction of the shot.

Look at the last milk jug being shot by a rifle on this video (timestamp 2:20)... notice how the milk jug flies through the air towards the shooter:

Milk Jug Test - 7 different guns/calibers
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By aplomado:

Exit wounds are larger than entrance wounds.  Tissue and fluid being blasted out the large exit wound can easily push a head in the direction of the shot.

Look at the last milk jug being shot by a rifle on this video (timestamp 2:20)... notice how the milk jug flies through the air towards the shooter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlCL8jbwXHg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aplomado:
Originally Posted By Reload_em:
Back and to the left...

His head went back and to the left, from a shot from above and to the rear...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZq6UOiBu_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlCL8jbwXHg

That solves it!

In my worthless opinion, the jug traveled more "up" then "forward" due to it sitting on the deck rail.  Had the jug been suspended in mid air, I think we would have seen a different result.  The explosion seemed to travel outward in all directions, but the downward force had no where to go due to interference with the deck rail, and "reflected" that energy upwards causing the jug to travel upwards, and slightly forward.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AlvinYork:

I've seen that Zapruder film probably 20 times and I just watched it this evening to make sure that I missed the agent on the back of the car at the time of the kill shot......nope didn't see it this time either.
View Quote

The theory is that it was an agent in the following car. Not the presdidetial limo.

The pic of the agent with an AR is in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I think the problem with several of these hypothesis is that something has to happen EXACTLY at the right/wrong time and EXACTLY  in the worst possible way completely by accident.

Like railroad torpedos being placed, and not seen by all the law enforcement and not removed and no railroad personnel there with explosives being allowed to wander around in a secure area. Very unlikely. And then the go off in the 10 seconds the limo is actually in front of them? Very unlikely. What made them fire? Why would trains not be stopped just because it would be another unknown and disrespectful to the president?

And someone that is good enough to be a SS agent and be assigned to be one of few riflemen in presidential motorcade, and being a Ranger soon afterwards, having an AD and having it aimed perfectly at the president and this is an accident? Very Unlikely.

I think these kind of things are just to muddy the waters and get people to arguing about issues that don't really matter as they are not what happened.

Did USA policy change dramatically after JFK death on several matters? Why? Why not stay the course as it was already decided and to honor him? Why would a Vice President change so many things unless this was the plan?
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:35:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I think that CIA was involved in the assassination.  Did they originate it?  Probably not by their lonesome .

Nixon was finally ready to tip his hand.

“The ‘Who shot John?’ angle,” he said quietly, 17 minutes into the conversation. Nixon did not dwell on the phrase. He didn’t need to. In the context of his long-standing demand for the CIA’s records, the invocation of “the ‘Who shot John?’ angle” can only refer to one thing: Kennedy’s assassination. The ambush in Dallas was the first thing on Nixon’s mind as he pressed the director for the agency’s Bay of Pigs files. The president intuited a connection between the failed invasion in 1961 and JFK’s assassination two years later.

Nixon had no desire to expose what Helms called the agency’s “dirty linen.” Rather, he wanted to use the Bay of Pigs issue against presumed rival Ted Kennedy while defending the CIA from recent allegations that the CIA’s plots against Castro had led to JFK’s death. Nixon knew the Agency was vulnerable to JFK’s assassination, which he presumed gave him leverage over Helms.

Nixon assured Helms that his concern was not the agency’s actions related to Kennedy’s assassination but the criticism he faced as president.

“Is Eisenhower to blame? Is Johnson to blame? Is Kennedy to blame? Is Nixon to blame?” the president went on. “Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. It may become — not by me — but it may become a very, very vigorous issue. If it does …”

Nixon couldn’t have been referring to the Bay of Pigs or Cuba, which were both dead issues by then. The JFK assassination story, by contrast, had erupted vigorously earlier that year. In January 1971, a front-page New York Times story reported that Dallas police chief Jesse Curry published a book saying JFK had been killed by a conspiracy. The same day, Jack Anderson, the syndicated investigative reporter, wrote a startling column in The Washington Post that began, “Locked in the darkest recesses of the Central Intelligence Agency is the story of six assassination attempts against Cuba’s Fidel Castro.”

The story, picked up by the TV networks, was disturbingly accurate to Helms. There was indeed a top-secret CIA Inspector General’s report that itemized the six plots; Helms was running one of them on the day JFK was killed. Anderson’s source was a well-connected Washington lawyer representing Johnny Rosselli, the Mafia boss whom the CIA had enlisted to poison the Cuban leader in 1960. Anderson intimated that Castro had intercepted the CIA’s assassins and orchestrated Kennedy’s assassination as retaliation.

By leaking his story, Rosselli effectively used the Post to blackmail the CIA — and it worked. The agency shielded Rosselli from deportation proceedings, according to a memo declassified in 1997. The CIA-blessed mobster never shared his knowledge of the Castro plots with federal prosecutors. The agreement prevented disclosure of the CIA’s assassination policy, which probably saved Helms’ job.

Now Nixon wanted to know more about “the Who shot John? angle.”

“I need to know what is necessary to protect, frankly, the intelligence gathering and the Dirty Tricks Department, and I will protect it,” the president avowed. “Hey, listen, I have done more than my share of lying to protect you, and I believe it’s totally right to do it.”

Helms stayed silent.

“If I don’t know,” Nixon asked plaintively, “then what do you have?”

The president was beholden to his spymaster. This was a harsh reality of the Watergate affair, not reported by the Washington Post, not uncovered by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein. The CIA and Helms barely figure in All the President’s Men, or the iconic movie that followed.

The Oval Office dynamic was also rather different than the showdown depicted by Oliver Stone. Helms did not threaten Nixon with a veiled reference to Kennedy’s assassination. In historical reality, the frustrated president unsuccessfully begged the imperious spy chief for more information about who killed his predecessor.

“I don’t believe that you can say, well … the director of the CIA … is the only one who is to know what happened in certain circumstances,” Nixon said. “The president is to know, and that the president’s successor is not to know?”

The agency’s JFK secrets were safe with him, Nixon emphasized. “I am not going to embarrass the CIA because it served. … I believe in Dirty Tricks.”

Helms finally spoke. He appeased Nixon by offering a folder of CIA cables on the assassination of Diem, material that Nixon could use to impugn JFK’s legacy in the 1972 election. “Sir, I’m working entirely for you,” he assured the president. “Anything I’ve got is yours.”

The partisan president came away happy. The canny director had given up nothing on the Bay of Pigs, the Castro plots or Kennedy’s assassination
View Quote

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/06/05/nixon-helms-cia-jfk-assassination-00037232
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:07:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#26]
This is why Kennedy got smoked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

Lemnitzer went on to be supreme commander of NATO, and LBJ took office in place of JFK. The two guys almost responsible for the biggest terrorist attack in US history set up by the CIA, Vice President, and Chairman to the JCS, stopped by Kennedy.

With the CIA they also intentionally botched The Bay of Pigs. They used Frank Sturgis who also intentionally got caught during Watergate to seal Nixon’s fate, and is one of the Three Tramps picked up in Dallas for suspicious activity during and after the JFK assassination. He also personally trained Che Guevara.

Not even conspiracy theory since it’s all been declassified. Whether Oswald was the trigger man or not isn’t even the point anymore. They need to make a movie about Sturgis. Evil fucking bastard.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:11:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Here's the Zapruder film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqlib47cefM

There's no agent on the back of the President's car until after he's shot. Stop the film at 0:17; to go forward frame-by-frame, press the period; to go backward, press comma.

No AR15 to be seen, either.
View Quote
much better copy of the film, but not able to frame by frame.

https://www.schooltube.com/media/Zapruder+FilmA+JFK+Assassination+%5BHD%5D/1_3pmydxgt
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:22:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Andrewsky:
This theory that a Secret Service agent shot him is ridiculous for too many reasons to go into.  I hope you don't really believe this little fairy tale.
View Quote

This.

Anyone who has ever shot an AR15 would understand that an AR15 discharged once (let alone three consecutive times) in the middle of a busy plaza with hundreds of eyewitnesses including Dallas PD, the Secret Service, Presidential/White House aids, Jackie Kennedy, Gov Connelly and his wife couldn't be ignored by anyone. And yet no one person in the group has so much as suggested they heard shots from that limo nor watched a weapon discharge from that limo. A conspiracy like that requires literally everyone there to not only be in on the conspiracy, but to take that secret to their graves. Yea it is beyond absurd. You must suspend your belief on all the evidence including the insane amount of witnesses, not require any evidence to support the theory and just "believe".
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 2:38:44 AM EDT
[#29]
I have always been amazed by the fact that the majority of Americans don't want to believe that Oswald killed Kennedy. I've never understood why.
View All Quotes
I have always been amazed by the fact that the majority of Americans don't want to believe that Oswald killed Kennedy. I've never understood why.

I got stuck in the rabbit hole, because it was fun. The problem is all of these conspiracy theories simply don't answer all the questions and they require a belief in people's ability to conspire discreetly that just doesn't exist. Unfortunately all roads point back to Oswald.

Oswald renounced his US citizenship both by letter and by personal interview. For whatever reason, it was not accepted.

He never did it officially. It was the policy of the Department of State to talk US citizens out of it (obviously), the person he met was Richard E Snyder, who attempted to talk him out of it. Oswald also showed up on a weekend and was told his request could be processed when they are open for business. Snyder delayed because he believed that a young kid that didn't know what he was doing shouldn't be able to throw away his citizenship and wanted to give him time to think about it. Oswald never returned to the Embassy as instructed. When Oswald sent letters, the Embassy sent letters back explaining to him that he needs to return in person.

Oswald applied for Soviet citizenship. For whatever reason, it was not approved.

Real question, why would they?

Oswald was of no value from an intel point of view. In fact, he was no value to the USSR at all. He wasn't a Russian, he wanted to leach off them and took a crap job because he had no skills. He attempted to kill himself when the Soviets attempted to bounce him. To the Soviets he was at best a traitor and a loonbag, and at worst a spy.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 8:58:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:47:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GroundhogOZ] [#31]
Distance ~ 81m

British Army WW1 soldier, aimed fire rate 15 rounds per minute on 300m target

This was an easy shot.  

With the Creedmoor of the day, plus 4x scope a very, very, very, easy shot.

No mystery whatsoever.

1st obvious hit looks top down shoulder/toward spine
2nd obvious hit, he was domed from a high angle and behind

There is nothing hard about this.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Gloftoe:

This was my first thought, too.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gloftoe:
Originally Posted By RinsableTick:
OP, I'm just trying to figure out how you get an AR15 to fire three rounds with a single trigger pull.

This was my first thought, too.
As a side point, the original Armalite AR-15, and I assume first Colts, open bolt select fire weapons. You kids have only known the closed bolt version. But, if you had been cool and in the Air Force, this is what you would have had!!! LOL
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:31:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 556NAT0:

I got stuck in the rabbit hole, because it was fun. The problem is all of these conspiracy theories simply don't answer all the questions and they require a belief in people's ability to conspire discreetly that just doesn't exist. Unfortunately all roads point back to Oswald.

He never did it officially. It was the policy of the Department of State to talk US citizens out of it (obviously), the person he met was Richard E Snyder, who attempted to talk him out of it. Oswald also showed up on a weekend and was told his request could be processed when they are open for business. Snyder delayed because he believed that a young kid that didn't know what he was doing shouldn't be able to throw away his citizenship and wanted to give him time to think about it. Oswald never returned to the Embassy as instructed. When Oswald sent letters, the Embassy sent letters back explaining to him that he needs to return in person.

Real question, why would they?

Oswald was of no value from an intel point of view. In fact, he was no value to the USSR at all. He wasn't a Russian, he wanted to leach off them and took a crap job because he had no skills. He attempted to kill himself when the Soviets attempted to bounce him. To the Soviets he was at best a traitor and a loonbag, and at worst a spy.
View Quote
The Soviets were always on the look out for people to recruit from all walks of life because as no one can predict the future. Not every one they made contact with would they try and put on pay roll. Some people were just "friendly" and would have information to be used or not at a later time. Others were recruited, trained and molded to perform when necessary. Others were still what we call the "useful idiot." They were to be used and left to their own fate.

The reasons you brought up for why the Soviets wouldn't want Oswald also work for why the Americans at this specific time wouldn't want Oswald as an "agent." Works both ways. But, I would add this. It took a while for the Soviets to understand that while Oswald had drive and ambition and a natural kind of intelligence, he also was a mental case. Hence, IMHO, they cut him off.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#34]
I think @mike4eva is asking an important question: what things changed, if any, with Kennedy's death?

Nothing as far as I understand.

Regarding Foreign Relations with the USSR, the Soviets replaced Khrushchev the following year. They wanted a cleaned up future due to the mistakes both countries made.

A lot of Democrat Party apologists like to say that Kennedy was going to pull the US out of Viet Nam, so  that's why "they" killed him, but then they offer no policy speech or directive(s) as evidence. On the other hand, organizing the assassination of President Diem is terrible move to make when you want to pull out, but a great move to make when you need a new leader in there that's more with the "program."  

JFK and RFK were on board with Civil Rights before Johnson became President, and laws like the New Frontier Act of 1963 were being formulated and promulgated as the leads into the Great Society Programs of the Johnson Admin.

I can't really see where anything had changed, but I would be interested if anyone knows anything different.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#35]

I have a theory about humanity that it likes to be deluded by others and self-deluded as well, plus humanity likes Ptolemaic "answers" rather than simple truths.

Also, I'm amazed that these same people would rather suffer than change their minds. It's amazing to me.

Oswald was a known member of the American Communist Party. You just don't become a CP member. You go through a long process to enure your political reliability. Every Communist Party in every country at the time owed allegiance to the Communist Party in the USSR. Ultimately, no one became a CP member anywhere without Soviet say-so.
Oswald defected to the USSR. He gave classified information to the Soviets causing the US Navy to change codes/procedures.
Oswald renounced his US citizenship both by letter and by personal interview. For whatever reason, it was not accepted.
Oswald applied for Soviet citizenship. For whatever reason, it was not approved.
This is not the behavior of someone who is pro-American. (Nor is it the behavior of a "double agent" for those that believe he was conning various governments.)
Oswald had mental issues. That's not in dispute. What seems to be is that many people offer that as an excuse, and therefore diminish his role in killing Kennedy. This is a huge mistake. Oswald's mental issues are what gave him drive, focus and impatience when he couldn't or wasn't allowed to complete his actions.

Oswald killed Kennedy.

But, many people would rather believe fantasies about Frank Sinatra, Sam Giancanna, Chicago, Lake Tahoe, (Lake fucking Tahoe!! Keep it Blue, fuckoes!!,) all working with the CIA to kill Kennedy (apparently poisoning him through the drugs Kennedy was normally high on wasn't going to work) because of something.

All the while, Americans still don't want to believe that in some way or some how an ideological enemy of the US, an enemy that believed that there could only be one victor in this struggle, shouldn't even be seen as some how complicit in a murder when the Soviets murdered 10s of millions to accomplish marginal ends. I am amazed.

ETA: fixing bad typing. There's probably more to do later.

View Quote

Zero % chance Oswald would be allowed to come back to the US Scott free with his wife if he was an acknowledged traitor.

Why was Oswald trained in Russian when he was in the military?
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 1:09:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

Zero % chance Oswald would be allowed to come back to the US Scott free with his wife if he was an acknowledged traitor.

View All Quotes

I have a theory about humanity that it likes to be deluded by others and self-deluded as well, plus humanity likes Ptolemaic "answers" rather than simple truths.

Also, I'm amazed that these same people would rather suffer than change their minds. It's amazing to me.

Oswald was a known member of the American Communist Party. You just don't become a CP member. You go through a long process to enure your political reliability. Every Communist Party in every country at the time owed allegiance to the Communist Party in the USSR. Ultimately, no one became a CP member anywhere without Soviet say-so.
Oswald defected to the USSR. He gave classified information to the Soviets causing the US Navy to change codes/procedures.
This is not the behavior of someone who is pro-American. (Nor is it the behavior of a "double agent" for those that believe he was conning various governments.)
Oswald had mental issues. That's not in dispute. What seems to be is that many people offer that as an excuse, and therefore diminish his role in killing Kennedy. This is a huge mistake. Oswald's mental issues are what gave him drive, focus and impatience when he couldn't or wasn't allowed to complete his actions.

Oswald killed Kennedy.

But, many people would rather believe fantasies about Frank Sinatra, Sam Giancanna, Chicago, Lake Tahoe, (Lake fucking Tahoe!! Keep it Blue, fuckoes!!,) all working with the CIA to kill Kennedy (apparently poisoning him through the drugs Kennedy was normally high on wasn't going to work) because of something.

All the while, Americans still don't want to believe that in some way or some how an ideological enemy of the US, an enemy that believed that there could only be one victor in this struggle, shouldn't even be seen as some how complicit in a murder when the Soviets murdered 10s of millions to accomplish marginal ends. I am amazed.

ETA: fixing bad typing. There's probably more to do later.

"Traitor" is almost a meaningless word here. The US didn't expatriate him, and the Soviets never naturalized him, nor after the Moscow Embassy interviewed and investigated him in 1961, did they find that Oswald expatriated himself by holding a Soviet gov't position. As far as the US government was positioned, he was and continued to be a US Citizen. The only derogatory information on him was his dishonorable discharge from the USMCR when he left for the USSR.

I'm certain that Oswald read a book or books to teach himself Russian. To be "trained in Russian" as you put, you have to take an aptitude battery to show an affinity for learning a language, and you need a career field where the language is to be used.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 1:40:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zoinks] [#37]

View Quote
I think I know what you're driving at: Oswald was some sort of "agent" of the KGB, or a double-agent of the US.

Here's how the KGB actually did things:

Hawaii couple accused of stealing dead babies' identities may have been KGB spies, prosecutors say

If Oswald had been a real Russian spy, he would've come back better trained and not allowed to go and attempt assassinating the odd General  or such, nor would he have been allowed to go to any USSR embassy in the World, or any allied embassy of the USSR, nor would he have returned as Lee Harvey Oswald, but under a pseudonym.

And if he had been a CIA/FBI patsy all along, that would require that the powers that be, and planned this out to the nth degree, would have known that there would be enough voter fraud in Chicago and East Texas for Kennedy to be elected 14 months before Oswald went to the USSR. Without those questionable votes, Nixon would've been elected President in November, 1960. Remember, Kennedy was Catholic!!! The US has always been anti-catholic, and that was a huge problem for Kennedy. Maybe that's why the CIA wanted him dead! The Mafia is Catholic, so that doesn't make sense there, so they're off the hook...this time. Or maybe Nixon was the actual target, but Kennedy won instead, and nobody bothered to tell Oswald not to assassinate any US presidents...for a while at least. I think the next attempt was Ford with "Squeaky" Fromme running that Op!! It could've been Oswald if only he played his cards right, and it would've been successful.

Back from the 50s until the USSR dissolved, there were millions of people all over the World that believed in the superiority of Communism. Today, those kinds of people are now all about "trans rights" and fucking over the Patriarchy, etc. Oswald would be one of those people today. He would still join the Marines and force everyone to call him Lea or Leelu or whatever. Oswald would've found some issue in order to hammer those around him that he is superior and deserving.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 1:28:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yobro512] [#38]
I think I know what you're driving at: Oswald was some sort of "agent" of the KGB, or a double-agent of the US.

Hawaii couple accused of stealing dead babies' identities may have been KGB spies, prosecutors say

If Oswald had been a real Russian spy, he would've come back better trained and not allowed to go and attempt assassinating the odd General  or such, nor would he have been allowed to go to any USSR embassy in the World, or any allied embassy of the USSR, nor would he have returned as Lee Harvey Oswald, but under a pseudonym.

And if he had been a CIA/FBI patsy all along, that would require that the powers that be, and planned this out to the nth degree, would have known that there would be enough voter fraud in Chicago and East Texas for Kennedy to be elected 14 months before Oswald went to the USSR. Without those questionable votes, Nixon would've been elected President in November, 1960. Remember, Kennedy was Catholic!!! The US has always been anti-catholic, and that was a huge problem for Kennedy. Maybe that's why the CIA wanted him dead! The Mafia is Catholic, so that doesn't make sense there, so they're off the hook...this time. Or maybe Nixon was the actual target, but Kennedy won instead, and nobody bothered to tell Oswald not to assassinate any US presidents...for a while at least. I think the next attempt was Ford with "Squeaky" Fromme running that Op!! It could've been Oswald if only he played his cards right, and it would've been successful.

Back from the 50s until the USSR dissolved, there were millions of people all over the World that believed in the superiority of Communism. Today, those kinds of people are now all about "trans rights" and fucking over the Patriarchy, etc. Oswald would be one of those people today. He would still join the Marines and force everyone to call him Lea or Leelu or whatever. Oswald would've found some issue in order to hammer those around him that he is superior and deserving.
View All Quotes

Oswald was literally trained by the CIA in Russian. Am I taking crazy pills?

Actually maybe I am. This might be a forgery.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:04:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zoinks] [#39]

View All Quotes

The few things that jumped out at me were 1) as something to do with photo reconnaissance aspect. There's no nomenclature as to his job i.e. photo interpreter, photo developer etc. I don't think he was a U-2 Pilot for the CIA at the time or part of a USAF RB-50 crewmen who were the only ones photographing/recording electromagnetic emissions from the USSR and the PRC. 2) Plus, he would've had a TS clearance with those jobs, not a Confidential, so the powers that be and interfere with his life very deeply if necessary.

3) Regarding language training, that's a year long school. That means he would be gone from his unit for a year. 4) None of his former Platoon mates said he was gone for any length of that kind of time when they were interviews by the Warren Commission. That would have also meant he would have had to extend his 3 year enlistment to go while still as a Marine. The State Dept. has a short course for languages, but they don't expect much out of that. You won't be able to hold a conversation, but will be able to order from a Menu, greet people and ask how they are while not sounding like you're from the Texas Panhandle trying to say the French "monsignor" phonetically which comes out as almost properly the way the same word is pronounced in Italian.

There were a couple of other things, but it's kind of petty. Good eye on catching  that it's veracity might be in question, though!! With some stuff, it's hard to tell.

But, funny you should find a document that mentions the FBI!!!
The FBI and ISIS and al qaeda are probably the only three professional organizations that would be interested in having a Lee Harvey Oswald!!!!!!!!! You could have him kidnap a governor from Michigan, or "tear up Texas," or strap a suicide vest on him, and he'll go do it!!
There isn't a real intelligence agency on the Planet that would have somebody off kilter. You'll never know what they'll do next: actually get the mission done, or sell everyone out a la Bradley Manning.

ETA: Had to fix typos. I swear I checked before I hit submit. Some of the small words are different. i added Warren Commission. Now  can't find the typo i wanted to fix.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 8:44:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Arty8] [#40]
How about the assassination attempt in Chicago?

And the second rifle, a Lee-Enfield, they discovered on the roof of the school Book Depository?

The only nuts in the JFK assassination world now are the single shooter loan gunman theorists

Did LBJ Kill JFK? Part 1 - The Lead-up

Abraham Bolden and the Chicago Plot

Link Posted: 8/20/2022 10:30:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Colt653] [#41]
As a side point, the original Armalite AR-15, and I assume first Colts, open bolt select fire weapons. You kids have only known the closed bolt version. But, if you had been cool and in the Air Force, this is what you would have had!!! LOL
View Quote

This is incorrect.

the original Armalite and Colt rifles, were select fire, they were not "open bolt"

You can clearly see the hardchrome bolt is firing from the closed bolt on both semi and full auto

How M16 Rifle Works | XM16E1 | US Army Training Film | 1966

EDIT - lots of early pics here.  - https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/The-Complete-1958-ArmaLite-AR-15-Prototype-Guide-Version-2-/123-747449/

Link Posted: 8/21/2022 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Colt653:

This is incorrect.

the original Armalite and Colt rifles, were select fire, they were not "open bolt"

You can clearly see the hardchrome bolt is firing from the closed bolt on both semi and full auto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5w7Aypamg

EDIT - lots of early pics here.  - https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/The-Complete-1958-ArmaLite-AR-15-Prototype-Guide-Version-2-/123-747449/

https://i.imgur.com/caPmSCP.jpeg

https://imgur.com/2u4aqxg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tyAGgTN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/LqErbwh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QF5nfag.jpg

View Quote
Thanks Colt653. However, I was never issued neither an A2, A1 or any version of an E1 which is depicted in the video you provide. It's too bad we don't have a version of the first picture looking top-down into the fire control group. (The serial number is Armalite #2.)

Is it possible I am mis-remembering things from 40 plus years ago? Especially, since there were all kinds of variations of M-16s out in the Wild?

I would never discount that fact!! I spent more hours in sexual harassment class in 9 years than I did class room training with any of the weapons on my weapons card...except for the "broom." I spent a lot of time with the "broom." Almost every day for 9 years. (We all spent too much time on sexual harassment recurring training which could have been summed up by "don't trust these crazy bitches. Now, get back to work.")

Still, it is what I remember, and I say that knowing full well that GIs know more bullshit about weapons than actual fundamental facts. I can still remember listening to nonsensical stories about Viet Nam from the old timers. They were great stores though!!!

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#43]
A member here, @Meat-Hook, posted a thread yesterday ( https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Declassified-Nixon-letter-to-then-Prez-Clinton-includes-prophetic-warning-about-Russia-/5-2660462/  ) about a letter from Nixon to Clinton about another subject. I went looking for the primary source and still haven't found it!

However!!! I did find a transcript with Clinton and Yeltsin as the main participants at the Clinton Library website.
Meeting with President Yeltsin 20JAN99

On Page 2 of the transcript, Yeltsin describes the "present" be brought for Clinton that day.

Essentially, back in 1992, Yeltsin ordered that the all material related to the Kennedy Assassination be compiled, translated to English and declassified. Yeltsin was now handing over this material to Clinton.

It doesn't matter what side of the question you fall on for our topic, but this is fucking interesting news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll probably never see it.

Just to add one more thing about the time period. When the Soviet Union collapsed, and people more favorable to the West took over, they did allow "scholars" to go through KGB archives, but with the librarians present, of course.

As the geopolitical and economic situation worsened for Russia which they started blaming the US for, this permission became reduced until finally withdrawn. It's unfortunate for those of us who sat through semesters and semesters of classes to learn this stuff would be stifled because the professionals fucked up. I still wonder what the "scholars" did uncover that they're not telling us about.

Link Posted: 7/23/2023 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Just so I'm clear; your theory is that JFK was shot by an incompetent SS agent?

Predicated on Oswald's inept attempt, and further obfuscated by some railway torpedos that just happened to be in place?

And then RFK initiated the coverup to protect the incompetent SS agent?

Still doesn't explain Oswald's involvement.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#45]
There are still more than 4654 JFK files that are still classified.  60+ years later.
Not counting any that have been redacted, altered, or destroyed. That tells me there is/was a conspiracy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Oswald killed Kennedy.  

I’m curious, how many people in this thread have read the Warren commission summary.  Not even the whole report.  Just the summary.  My best is 1, maybe 2, in this whole thread, if that.

Kennedy conspiracy people are right there with 9/11 trurthers. There is plenty of evidence out there, and it all points to Oswald.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By trio:
Oswald killed Kennedy.  

I'm curious, how many people in this thread have read the Warren commission summary.  Not even the whole report.  Just the summary.  My best is 1, maybe 2, in this whole thread, if that.

Kennedy conspiracy people are right there with 9/11 trurthers. There is plenty of evidence out there, and it all points to Oswald.
View Quote
Agreed. There's only a few reasons why the government doesn't release information.

One reason is National Security.

Another reason is due to embarrassment of the US, it's government, or it's political leaders.

A third is there's a corrupt income flow to individuals with enough pull to not want to release the information and stop the flow of money.

The most likely reason here for not releasing the information is number 2.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 3:41:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Another story!!! This time from a now 88 year old former Secret Service agent assigned to Jackie Kennedy's team.

Secret Service agent who was with JFK raises new questions about assassination
and
Secret Service agent who was with JFK on day of his assassination breaks silence with claim that blows up the 'magic bullet' theory and suggests there WAS more than one shooter

As always, take and make what you will of these kinds of stories.

There still isn't anything definitive from this man's statements other than some goofiness in his procedures in recovering and safeguarding evidence. To wit:
From there, Landis' account differs from the government's official findings: In the ensuing chaos, he claims he picked up a bullet that was lodged in the back seat of the car where Kennedy had been sitting and placed it on the president's hospital stretcher for investigators.
View Quote
That was from the Post article while the Daily Mail really eats it up and offers this continuation:
Landis, who in 1963 was a young Secret Service agent assigned to protect First Lady Jaqueline Kennedy, said that in the chaos following the shooting, he picked up a nearly pristine bullet sitting on the top of the back seat of the open limousine.

It was just behind where Kennedy was sitting when he was killed, he says. Landis says he took the projectile and placed it on the president's hospital stretcher to preserve it for the autopsy investigators.

That bullet, the first piece of evidence logged in the murder investigation, has for six decades been said to have been found on the stretcher of Texas Governor John Connally, and was hypothesized to have fallen free from a wound to his thigh.

Landis thinks the bullet may have rolled onto Connally's stretcher from Kennedy's while they were next to each other.

It has long been known as the 'magic bullet' -- the bullet that supposedly passed through Kennedy's neck from the rear, then entered Connally's right shoulder, struck his rib, exited under his right nipple, passed through his right wrist and hit his left thigh.

But Landis' assertion that it had actually exited Kennedy in his Cadillac could lay waste to the magic bullet theory - and bolster the claim that Lee Harvey Oswald did not operate alone on the day of the murder.
View Quote
As usual, the Daily Mail doesn't know when to stop:
Now, Landis says that he believes the bullet he retrieved from the limo may have been undercharged, and dislodged from a shallow wound in the president's back, falling back onto the limousine seat when the fatal shot struck his head.

He theorizes that, after he placed the bullet on Kennedy's stretcher, it may have fallen onto Connally's stretcher when they were jostled together.

It's also possible that the hospital staffer who found the bullet and handed it over to the Secret Service misidentified which stretcher it was from, or that his account was mangled by investigators.

The bullet, which had been fired but was nearly fully intact, was positively matched to Oswald's Mannlicher-Carcano through ballistics analysis.

But if Landis' claim is true, that suggests the bullet tagged as evidence item 'Q1' was not responsible for the injuries to Connolly, and there was no so-called 'magic bullet'.
View Quote
There's a few other things of weirdness throughout both articles, but not safeguarding evidence is a really big thing if you're in a job where one of your primary responsibilities is not only find evidence, but safeguard it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Colt653:

I read this paperback several years ago. Like everything about the JFK killing, you don't know what to believe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Error

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/Hickey-ar-15_jfk.jpg

Photo showing driver and Agent George Hickey, shortly after JFK was killed, holding the AR-15 rifle that accidental shooting theorists say killed Kennedy.
View Quote

Then there was this.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#50]
SNIP

There's a few other things of weirdness throughout both articles, but not safeguarding evidence is a really big thing if you're in a job where one of your primary responsibilities is not only find evidence, but safeguard it.
View Quote

Procedures and training have changed a lot since the 60s.  Gotta keep that in mind when looking at things that happened in the past from a modern perspective.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top