Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2002 8:48:23 AM EDT
18 USC 17 Sec. 336:

Sec. 336. - Issuance of circulating obligations of less than $1

Whoever makes, issues, circulates, or pays out any note, [red]check[/red], memorandum, token, or other obligation for a [red]less sum than $1[/red], intended to circulate as money or to [red]be received or used in lieu of lawful money of the United States[/red], shall be fined under this title or [red]imprisoned not more than six months[/red], or both
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 9:01:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll look up whether this has the meaning that you think it does and get back to you later.  If there is any case law, I'll bet it won't have to deal with the soccer mom paying for little Billy's ice cream!
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting,
I thought that a bad check was considered a felony not an infraction.  I guess if you never deal with it then it becomes a felony.

Felony = more than one year in state prison
misdemeanor/infraction = less than on year in county jail
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 2:48:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
18 USC 17 Sec. 336:
View Quote

Sec. 336. - Issuance of circulating obligations of less than $1

Whoever makes, issues, circulates, or pays out any note, check, memorandum, [red]token[/red],  or other obligation for a [red]less sum than $1[/red], intended to circulate as money or to [red]be received or used in lieu of lawful money of the United States[/red], shall be fined under this title or [red]imprisoned not more than six months[/red], or both
View Quote

Alot of videogame arcades need to get the JBT.

R35
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 5:06:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Not that I think the Feds are going to enforce it. But, it is like when they say eventually they will make enough laws that we are all criminals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top