Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/3/2001 7:55:28 PM EDT
Was sitting in an outdoor restaurant in NC and had this thought (I was packing). North Carolina law states the following (in part): 2.Assemblies and Establishments North Carolina law also prohibits any person carrying a gun, rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission or into any establishment where alcoholic beverages are both sold and consumed. Specifically the part about where alchol is sold and consumed. But the law also states that I may carry on any sidwalk and on any highway (except in certain cercumstances). Well here is the question: If I am sitting at a sidewalk Cafe (outside on the sidewalk) and they sell alchol for comsumption on premesis am I legal or not? Personal thoughts: I am legal because I am on a puplic sidwalk and not inside. Or I am illegal because they are using that part of the sidwalk and selling alchol. Just a little confused looking for clarity.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 8:00:16 PM EDT
Interesting question: If they're ACTUALLY on the public sidewalk, then you're on public property, and within your rights to carry - and the establishment is mostly likely illegally selling alcohol off their licensed premises. If the area is actually a porch on private property, then you'd be carrying in violation of the law.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 8:03:44 PM EDT
It wasn't on a porch it was actually on the sidewalk. An aside is would it be legal or not to carry if the had a sign on the door that said "no firearms allowed on premesis"? (there wasn't but a curiosity.
Link Posted: 9/3/2001 9:28:27 PM EDT
Top Top