Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2002 9:33:27 AM EDT
Well, not really, but the section that has the SBR info also has the info regarding the overall length of a rifle.

What I'd like to do is build up a legal, short, post-ban AR using the RRA LE stock (or similar) with a 16 inch barrel.  Is it legal or too short?  I assume that an 18 in barrel would be legal, but I'd rather stay with the 16" (more conventional parts).

Anyone know the OAL of a RRA 16 LE stock?  RRA hasn't responded.....

SRM
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Close (lock) the bolt.

Insert a 3/16" inch dowel into the muzzle.

16.1" of dowel MUST disappear into the barrel. Legally, it is only 16" but play it safe and add the .010"
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Your total Over-All Length....muzzle to the back of the buttstock, at its shortest dimension, must be at least 26".
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#3]
DA-

Yep, I know about the 26" requirement.  That is why I was asking for the OAL of a RRA 16"bbl LE stocked rifle.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Barrel = 16"
Upper receiver = 6.5"
LE Stock = 9" (+ or -)

This set-up is APPROXIMATELY 31.5" Overall.

If I am way-off for the LE stock, it can be 4" long and still be legal...LOL
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!!

I should have considered applying a little logic to the problem.....

SRM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top