Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2002 6:14:16 PM EDT
Saw some at Knob Creek and gotta have one.  Didn't see anything in the BATF  regs; might have missed it.  Anyone know the requirements and /or sources?

I am telling my wife this will be a good way to end our mosquito problem.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Might be classified as a DD or something. Some things are listed by specific name or model designation. (Like "Extreme Heat Projection Device Markk II".) This is one of those times when it would be good for BATF to have a batphone...

Scott

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I was told they were considered pneumatic devices and that the U.S. Forestry service occasionally sold surplus units. This was at a fun show so I did not put to much credence in it.

ARH
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Flamethrowers are [b]not[/b] NFA weapons.  In fact, under federal law, flamethrowers are not even considered "firearms".

Hows that for irony?

Your state law may regulate them differently though.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was told they were considered pneumatic devices and that the U.S. Forestry service occasionally sold surplus units. This was at a fun show so I did not put to much credence in it.

ARH
View Quote

Around here we do the put it out stuff usually. But counter-firing seems like it might be fun for the suppressed arsonists in a department....

I have never even seen a drip-tank....

Scott

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top