Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2001 1:20:21 AM EDT
 There is a reason why we can sleep at night now. It's nice to have a good man in the White House. The President is using his executive powers to further our conservative pro-gun cause with the federal courts. News at the "scales of justice" icon at:
National CCW Reciprocity Foundation
http://www.NationalCCW.com

Plus 2 new web poll questions.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:42:55 AM EDT
[#1]
yes but rember that the seinor bush got us that damn import ban and that Reagon signed teh bill that is teh reason why a m16 is 5-8k instead of
800 dollers
Link Posted: 4/2/2001 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#2]
We need all the help we can get to keep our guns.

How about reversing some of these anti gun laws now on the books, what are the chances for that?

Link Posted: 4/5/2001 2:43:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Sadly, not very good.  There was no reason for banning new full-autos in the first place, but they did it anyway.  I heard not too long ago that there has only been 1 (yes ONE) murder committed with a legally owned full-auto weapon since 1934.  What was the reasoning behind banning them in '86 anyway?  Was there a rash of thefts of full-autos that wound up being used in crimes or something?

And what was the result of that legislation?

Criminals:
    They'll keep doing just what they were doing before: Taking semi-autos (bought or stolen) and illegally converting them to full-auto.

Law-abiding citizens:
    Skyrocketing costs and an ever-decreasing supply of older weapons.  No new weapons at all. So much for that H&K G36 I wanted.  Grrrrr.

On the bright side, the hi-cap and "Assault Weapon" bans might actually be allowed to sunset.

But I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for rollbacks on existing legislation.  It'd be a political shot in the foot for most congressmen who proposed such legislation.  Our best hope is the courts ruling them unconstitutional on 2nd Amendment grounds.
Link Posted: 4/5/2001 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah and wasnt that one murder by a cop with a post 86 mg also
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top