Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2002 4:19:14 AM EDT
Just a quick background for anyone reading this that doesn't know about Isaac.  My son was born three weeks ago, 2 1/2 months early.  He weighed 2 pounds 11 ounces, and was 15 3/4" long.

I wanted to give a brief update to all that have been keeping him in their prayers.  It looks as if he is finally getting over his infection.  The 24-hour results on his blood culture were negative!  If it remains negative after 48 hours, the doctor, nursing staff, me, my family and friends will all be exhaling a huge sigh of relief.  His blood platelet count is increasing without the aid of transfusions.  His doctor let out a HOORAY at that (it's quite obvious that she loves her job!).  They took him off of the ventilator last Sunday, and I got to hold him for the first time.  To get more oxygen, he's been wearing a CPAP, and that may come off today.  He still has a heart murmur, but that's not uncommon in preemies, and he will probably grow out of it.  Everything had been so negative the first 2 1/2 weeks of his life - it's so great that he's finally recovering.  He must have a guardian angel or two..  [0:)]

Now I need to start thinking about when he should learn to shoot..

Judi
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:32:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Heavenly Father,
 We thank you for answering our prayers, for being with Judi through her surgery and for Isaac's healing.  We ask that you continue to be with them, to minister to Isaac's health needs and to Judi's spiritual needs.  May she find peace and comfort in your arms through the days ahead.

In Jesus's most precious name I pray,
Amen.

[b]Great job AR15.com prayer warriors![/b]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 4:57:09 AM EDT
[#2]
......Amen.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:02:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Amen to what Brother a3kid just prayed!

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Eric The(Agreeing)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:02:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:02:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Judi, please accept our prayers for your family. I know from personal experience the bad side of premies and the good side. My son was born at 26 weeks but died from NEC at 2mons. He would have been 14 this year. But, on the good side...MY daughter was born at 24 1/2 weeks, had a few problems, but eventually came home at 4lbs., 3mons. She will be 13 yrs on May 5. It's hard to believe she was the same size as the Barbies she plays with! Ask at your hospital if they have a premie support group, it helped my wife and I through all of this and offers a wealth of information the doctors usually don't give you. God Bless you and your family.rocko.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:05:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I had missed your post about your son, but I am so glad to hear that he is doing well and getting better.  I will keep him and your family in my prayers! Please keep us posted.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:06:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:20:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:24:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
On a side note, everytime I read those prayers people post here, I get full body chills.  Maybe there is something to this religious Christian stuff?  I will ask a friend about it...
View Quote

[b]YOU[/b] get full body chills?  I think I may have found my ministry..that give [b]ME[/b] the chills.

For Isaac:
[0:)] [0:)] [0:)] [0:)] [0:)] [0:)] [0:)] [0:)]
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 5:29:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Amen to a3kids prayer.

Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:15:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I missed your earlier posts, apparently.

Glad to hear he's doing better. My daughter was in a NICU for 5 weeks. First year was rough at times but she's done great since.[O:)]

Hang in there, bud.
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:32:05 AM EDT
[#12]
May the good lord watch over you and your family.

And Amen to the prayers above.

Del
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 6:37:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:08:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Whew.

Told ya he'd be ok. [^]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#15]
You can experience humanity in many places, but a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is AMAZING.  My first daughter, Sophia, was born 6 weeks early at 3.5 pounds.  Luckily, the only thing wrong with her was her weight, and she only had to stay until she reached 4lbs (two weeks).  But those two weeks were some of the most intense days of my life.  I saw so many babies, and their families, going through such difficult times that I came away changed (and that ain't easy for someone like me).  When I think of all the children and families that went through that place, I can't help but KNOW that my wife and I are very lucky.  Good luck and God bless.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Very happy to hear things are changing for the better.  I'm certain your son will pull through.  Keep us posted, and take it easy.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Glad to hear the good news.  Prayer works.

All the best to you and your family in the years ahead.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm glad to here your son is pulling through!! God likes to take care of the little ones in this world.

God bless little Isaac and your family!

Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Isaac: meaning: Laughter

In the years to come, your son will bring much joy and laughter into your families lives. He will be stong, paitent and caring towards others.

I will keep him and your family in my prayers each night.

Rescue35s wife
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Amen to a3Kid's prayer.

My first son was born six weeks premature and spent the first three weeks of his life in the neo-natal ICU.  I know full well what it's like to be up all night just holding that tiny little hand and praying to God with all of my might.  He is now thirteen years-old and driving me and my wife straight up the wall. [:D]

May God continue to bless you and watch over you and your family.  May He give you the strength to persevere every trial, and may He continue to hold you in the palm of His hand.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Thank you Jesus, Amen.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Glad to hear it. My wife and I both hope your son keeps on this track. Bless you all.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Congratulations!  I hope the guardian angels stand by you and your wife as well, I'm sure this is a difficult time for the both of you.  

Take it easy and enjoy your new son!
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#25]
You are GOOD A3Kid.

My thoughts are with you guys.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey guys - I had my mom read this post the the many replies...  I just wanted to share with you what she said to me.

[blue]Judi, IT'S AMAZING WHAT THE POWER OF PRAYER CAN DO!  Now I've been in tears again.  Oh well - they're good tears and they're good for the soul.  It's so great to know that there are so many people praying for Isaac.  Even though it scared the heck out of me to see him all swollen like he was a couple of weeks ago there is still such a peace in my heart because I know he's going to be OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I've always felt that way but that Monday night was rough!  It was so cool when I was at work when such a peaceful and calming feeling came over me.  It was just like God was saying, "peace, be still."  From that point on I was really sure that he's going to be OK.  I've never said it enough but I LOVE YOU!   An awful lot.  Thank you for letting me be a part of Isaac's birth (here comes those tears again and I can't see what I'm doing).  That was such a neat experience.  Probably more touching than when I had you girls, probably because at that time I was on the other end of it.  Then to get to hold his little hand and have him hang onto mine in return.  Grandma has it bad!  I'm glad I could give blood for him and I'm even glad (ha!) that you had the fun of getting to see me almost pass all the way out, even if I maybe did scare you a little bit at the time.  Thanks for sharing your bed with me.  And most of all THANK YOU for letting me hold Isaac for a little bit.  I hope he brings you as much joy in the next few years as what you have given to me.  It is going to be so much fun to see the two of you grow together.       LOVE YA, MOM[/blue]

God, you just have to love family...  If I ever take for granted having such a wonderful mother, someone please give me a swift kick in the arse
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:58:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Glad to hear your little angels condition is improving. [0:)]

Take care and keep us informed.
-T.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Judi,

Great job! Just a sidenote: I've been there, my oldest daughter (now 6) was born 2 months early, weighed in at 3 lb, 4oz. Kinda scary, but let modern medicine take care of you guys, these doctors and nurses are amazing.

Don
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Great news.  Mom and dad, I pray, are standing strong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top