Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2002 2:09:16 PM EDT
I know we've got gamers on here playing Counter Strike, etc.  Have any of you tried Operation Flashpoint?
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
absolutely, positively AWESOME!
very realistic in most respects, and you can do a whole buttload of user mission editing. see the website "[url]www.ofpeditingcenter.com[/url]" a whole lot of addons to download, scripting/editing rescources, forum ect, ect.

Ive made a whole crapload of my own missions (I do that more than I play the original game itself)
Also, rumor has it that Codemasters is going to release their modeling engine (which means the user made addons will become even more awesome)
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny you should mention it... ;)

I'm playing the Soviet campaign right now, and it is positively kicking my ass. I can't wait for the WWII and Vietnam mods that are in the works for it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Aerrin, do you do any editing?
It is REALLY amazing how much you can do with this game once you learn how, and the website I mentioned above is an excellent scource to learn all you need to know, and download custom units, vehicles, and scripts/tools. (there are even custom worlds to download, such as "winter Kolugev", "desert Malden", all modified by users.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#4]
edited to correct the URL in my first post, It should work now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:23:46 PM EDT
[#5]
With this games mission editor you could potentially make your own 2hr war film. It does not have to be combat oriented though.

The Oxygen tool set that was released a couple of weeks ago is limited to professional developers only and is not available for everyone.

lib

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top