Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/24/2002 8:45:09 PM EDT
Does anybody here Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon. I was thinking we could have a Ar15.com night on ubi.com. For those of you who dont know ubi.com is a place where you can get involved in multiplayer type games. So if you play Ghost Recon how about getting together to shoot up a city and get into some good fire fights.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 8:47:24 PM EDT
I'm game - when?
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 8:50:55 PM EDT
Right now I am thinking Friday Night at 9pm EST. I only want AR15.com people there so I would like to set a pass word, and Please Use Your AR15 Screen name.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 6:57:37 PM EDT
Anyone else play Ghost Recon?
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 7:10:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Sixgun357: Anyone else play Ghost Recon?
View Quote
I have the original Rainbow Six game, but I do not have the Ghost. I love Six. I can only imagine that Ghost would be badass!! DK [:D]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 3:54:55 PM EDT
So it looks like its going to be dpilko and me, All are welcome.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 3:57:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 4:43:14 PM EDT
Sign me up, please. Sounds fun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 5:06:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 5:12:08 PM EDT
That game ROCKS . I like it way better than Rainbow Six . Much more shooting action and less planning . I play with my friends on line , but cannot get ubicom to work . I'll have to work on it .
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 5:16:28 PM EDT
I have the demo version and have finished all the missions. Most of the people I hve met on UBI have been assholes.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 5:19:37 PM EDT
Storm, Many of the people on ubi.com are 12 year old Israeli Defense Force snipers. ;)
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 6:00:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Stormbringer: I have the demo version and have finished all the missions. Most of the people I hve met on UBI have been assholes.
View Quote
Well this is why I want to have our own game. I am tired of dealing of people of this type. Three people and my self were ina pretty good fire fight. We were working together good. And this guy came and joined us between games. When the first game started with this asswhole he started taking us out. I just want to have a good night of playing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 6:11:04 PM EDT
Sixgun357, I'll probably be there. Which room and what will the name of the room be? Hope it's going to be coop. Will you guys be using any mods? The Rainbow 2 mod and Gunslinger 3.5 are the best ones. BTW, have you thought about just hosting an IP game? Should help to keep the troublemakers out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 6:20:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2002 6:26:15 PM EDT by Sixgun357]
An IP game, no I have never thought about that. I dont know how to do that. I have only been playing the game for a few weeks. If you want to set it up and let us play that would be cool. I just came up with the idea.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:38:06 PM EDT
To host an IP game, you have to start a multiplayer internet game and let the other players know what your IP address is so we can connect to your game. When you connect to UBI it usually tells you what your IP is. You can also open a DOS window and type "ipconfig" to find out your IP. I'm still trying to figure out how to get through my firewall/router to host. Anyway, what's the password to the game room going to be? Chris
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:40:24 PM EDT
Just 2 more days, anyone else interested? Also what about doing in IP or whatever that is. I dont know how to set it up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:14:54 PM EDT
Unfortunately I dont have Ghost Recon but I have all the others, and Halflife. the way you host a game with an IP address is first the host has to post his IP adress. He gets his IP by being connected to the net and going to: start run and typing in, winipcfg that will bring up a window with the IP configuration. if the IP shows a bunch of zero's you will need to select a different adapter, the one with which you are connected to the internet, by simply by using the pull down arrow on that window. In the game you will go to multiplayer, host and so on. pretty simple. make sure you post the IP adress here in case anyone wants to join you. they can only join when the host has the game running. have fun..
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:27:03 PM EDT
I might be interested, but I won't be online until later in the evening. I've been using "All Seeing Eye" to find 'net games of GR. ASE allows you to set filters such as ping times, respawn off-or-on, threat indicator off-or-on to find the kind of game you want, instead of wading through every "infinite repawn, full threat indicator, run-n-gun" game on the 'net. Ubi doesn't have a way to select the kind of GR game you want to play, it's just "click-and-hope".
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:31:34 PM EDT
I am going to look into setting up an IP game tomorrow night. (I am a work right now and the computer is suppose to be for work related stuff only) But I think I too am going to have some firewall problems also. So I will look into and post the results tomorrow. Guys I really Think this is going to fun if we can get it going.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:34:55 PM EDT
I cannot make it on Friday nights.. I coach our junior rifle team at my gun club. Somehow teaching young kids proper firearm shooting is more important. OH BTW One of our girls (age 14) won the Gold medal at the Crossman International Competition last week!!! The head coaches think she is Olympic material!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:50:25 PM EDT
Well Storm I totally understand. I would not want to pull you away from that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:16:32 PM EDT
OK one more night to go. Ill will be set up in a room called AR15.com on UBI.com the password will be [b]COLT[/b]. That should be easy to remember. All are welcome to come. When you log on to ubi I will be on the first version listed on the top left of the list. Again that firday night at 9pm EST. Hope to see a few of you there. Six
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:25:11 PM EDT
I gotta get a better computer. The one I've got now runs halflife ok, but nothing newer. I'm in when I get a new machine. ps. Anybody want a new in-the-box copy of CivIII? I hate the game... I'll trade for about anything.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 7:36:44 PM EDT
anyone else going to join Us?
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:03:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 12:26:56 AM EDT
A friend & I play all the time together multiplayer in co-op and use roger wilco so you can talk to each other we purchased headset boom mics. It rocks! I'm down to play but I'm sure I'll forget shoot me a email w/ times and i.p. address
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 3:18:42 PM EDT
Ok 2 hours to go who is all going to be there. I Hope I am not the only one there. I will be on UBI.com at or around 9pm. Look for me in the version 1.0.0.2 room in a room called AR15.com the password will be COLT. Hope see some of you there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 3:20:58 PM EDT
"OK one more night to go. Ill will be set up in a room called AR15.com on UBI.com the password will be COLT. That should be easy to remember. All are welcome to come. When you log on to ubi I will be on the first version listed on the top left of the list. Again that firday night at 9pm EST. Hope to see a few of you there." ------------------------------------ What do you mean by first version? Do you not have the new patch installed? I'm not sure if I'll be able to play if we have different versions of the game. Download the patch if you haven't. I know that it's big, especially if you are on dial-up, but it's totally worth it! No more getting popped by some guy 300 yards out with an AK firing full auto. Many other AI changes as well. Anyway, I'll report at the assigned time. Until then, see you guys later. If you do indeed have the old version, I'll host a room for the patched version. Same room name and password. Keep an eye out for it, just in case. Chris
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:20:24 PM EDT
We are set up and waiting. Come join us.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:52:36 PM EDT
It's 2150. I'm there. Better late than never. Comp problems. Chris
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 6:59:13 PM EDT
I have Ghost Recon but I have 1.1.5
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:22:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 1:05:26 AM EDT
Yeah I was there waiting till about 9:30 and nobody showed up. Went and joined a game. I did download the patch so next time we can play the same version. Will have to pick another day I have to work the weekend.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:43:25 PM EDT
What names Do you go by there. I would like to know so I can add your name to my buddy List. I am off Tuesday from work I should be playing then.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:53:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2002 5:57:55 PM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:26:25 PM EDT
Well, I went to buy the game and my video card will not support it. The requirements are 16mb on the video. I am still running only 4mb and that is onboard. Does anyone have a 4mb onboard video that is running this game?? If so, I will go ahead and get the game and join in. I just didn't want to spend the $50.00 to find out it wouldn't work. DK [:D]
Top Top