Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2002 12:40:55 PM EDT
One of the bills currently being proposed in the MD General Assembly is SB 382, which would make it possible for people other than cops and Glendening's bodyguards to get a CCW permit.

Granted, we'd have to take an 18 hour safety course first, but it's better than what we've go now (nothing).

So...

[url=mlis.state.md.us/2002rs/bills/sb/sb0382f.rtf]Full bill text here.[/url]

[url=mdelect.net/lookup.asp]Find your Senator here.[/url]

Start writing / emailing / faxing / calling your Senators and tell them to support SB 382.

With all the hoops they make us jump through to buy a gun in MD, they should at least let us carry!
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#1]
This is great news. I hope it passes. I don't like the idea of consenting to a permit when I already have a god given right to bare arms though. That would be agreeing to "them" calling it a state granted priviledge. I would have to think heavily on it if it does come to pass. Still good news I will agree. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#2]
While I wish this Bill all the luck in the world, you've got  a snowballs chance in hell of this passing.

Glendening and "I hate guns" AG Curran will NEVER let it even get to a vote.

Move to VA.

[pistol]

Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:13:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm well aware that it's a long shot.  But I for one refuse to just give up because the odds don't look good.

Let's flood them with mail supporting the bill, and if it gets shot down, we flood them with mail stating our dissaproval.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top